Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, AlphaRuby said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CrashBandicoot/status/994577881970831360

N.Sane Trilogy’s Xbone, Switch and PC releases are now coming early, on June 29th

that's just around when i'm (potentially) getting my switch, and exactly 364 days after the initial PS4 launch!

also, change mobile.twitter.com to www.twitter.com for it to attach.

Them rushing the release earlier sounds a bit worrying to me. Games and rushed releases don't mix well. At all.

Sure it's a port, and hopefully it might have fine tuned some of the PS4 versions rough spots, but something can still go wrong if they hasten things.

YES! July 10th was such a bad date for me, no I don't have to worry about schedule conflicts ( I pre-ordered it). This is me right now:

Do you guys think the PS4 will be patched with the fixes and what not? I mean, can they at least make an update to skip the intro? I know it's Crash Bandicoot, Cortex! XD

5 hours ago, Jango said:

Do you guys think the PS4 will be patched with the fixes and what not? I mean, can they at least make an update to skip the intro? I know it's Crash Bandicoot, Cortex! XD

ACTIVISION PRESENTS

A SMASHING BLAST FROM THE PAST

DEVELOPED BY VICARIOUS VISIONS

IT'S CRASH BANDICOOT

And by the end of that, you're surprised the options button isn't broken with how hard you mashed it trying to skip. A fix to skip this intro would be very much appreciated.

Quick heads-up to any Crash fans from Down Under: EB games is offering a golden Totaku Crash figurine as a pre-order bonus:

Golden_Totaku_Edition_Switch.png

https://www.vooks.net/crash-bandicoot-gets-some-bling-thanks-to-eb-games/

I'm pretty jealous that we 'Muricans aren't getting this, but I suppose it's fitting that the one region to have it is the one Crash is based on.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/05/2018 at 6:04 AM, Polkadi said:

ACTIVISION PRESENTS

A SMASHING BLAST FROM THE PAST

DEVELOPED BY VICARIOUS VISIONS

IT'S CRASH BANDICOOT

And by the end of that, you're surprised the options button isn't broken with how hard you mashed it trying to skip. A fix to skip this intro would be very much appreciated.

Yeah. As much as I love the intro I would very much appreciate the option to skip it. I'll boot up the game multiple times throughout any day that I play it so after a while that intro can be a bit of a drag lol

• 2 weeks later...

So, haven't seen anyone talking about this here, might as well break the news

?pro_id=10238871&qld=90&l=430&a=-1

Brazillian stores began preorder for N.Sane Trilogy, however, as of now, two different sources have this picture for the boxart

Notice the yellow bar up there, which translates to ''Two Extra Stages: Stormy Ascent and Future Tense''

Stormy Ascent we all knew would come, but Future Tense? That's brand new, and going by the name, it'll be based on the Crash 3 Future levels.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hold your bandicoots right there...

Future Tense? The box art indeed reads "2 new levels", no doubt about. Guys. If this isn't some leftover from Naughty Dog that we've never knew about it, this could only mean... It's the first almost 100% new stuff we get in nearly 10 years! 

This is kinda huge. If the name is anything to go by (the only actually), like @Ratcicle King said, it might be a level based on the future levels from Crash 3. It's a level fully designed by Vicarious Visions!! And the level theme couldn't be more suited, perhaps this is our first look into the future of Crash! The NECA magazine did said a new game is coming in 2019. 

So yeah, maybe, MAYBE, I'm overreacting. Maybe. But this is yuuuuge!

BTW, please PS4 DLC of this, 'kay, txs.

It was reveal right at the END of Ubisoft's conference actually.

Future Tense DLC confirmed, launched June 29th.

• Thumbs Up 3

So with this coming to PC, how long do you think it'll take for mods to come out for it?

Just to be clear; Stormy Ascent is also coming to Switch, Steam & Xb1:

Future Tense:

Future Tense will be accessible via a new platform in the Warp Room of Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, and will challenge players with dodging rockets, destroying robots, and leaping over lasers while ascending a massive, futuristic skyscraper. Just reading about it makes our orange fur stand on end!

It's...

Okay-ish. It's pretty creative and looks hard, but the colors just don't mash. But it's nice to see an actual new level after many years!!

But c'mon.

CTR remake at Sony's conference.

B E L I E V E.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like some of the new obstacles and even some of the tweaked layouts of the old ones. It actually makes ND's level design look repetitive relatively. Let's hope they get the designers to do a new Crash game.

Just to be sure, this will be available as DLC for PS4 gamers right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, E-122-Psi said:

Just to be sure, this will be available as DLC for PS4 gamers right?

Yes, it's been confirmed.

The new stage looks interesting enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm down for this if only because we'll get to see VV's own original level design, kind of a hint of what's to come if they are indeed gonna become the new Crash Team.

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

But c'mon.

CTR remake at Sony's conference.

B E L I E V E.

Yeaaaah I wouldn't hold my breath for that. There's a reason they didn't just announce Spyro along with Crash last year, so they wouldn't cannibalize each other's time in the spotlight. We're not seeing a new Crash game until Spyro's out and done selling.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did someone asked for... 60FPS?

Yup, it's confirmed! Crash NST will run at beautiful 60FPS on PC (still don't know why it didn't on PS4, not even the Pro, but oh well).

Full details (from our friend at resetera):

• N.Sane Trilogy will come on one cartridge with no download whatsoever for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Xbox One X runs at full 4K, not 1440p.
  • All DLC (Stormy Ascent and Future Tense) will be free going forward.
  • The porting process has allowed them to go back and add fixes and improvements based on feedback from the past year.
  • The biggest improvement is much faster load times.
  • All the improvements will come to all platforms; PS4 via patch for current owners.
  • The current PS4 retail disc will be pulled and replaced with a new retail disk for PS4 owners who haven't bought in yet.
  • The new PS4 retail disc will go on shelves day and date with the multiplatform release and will feature new packaging.
  • The new PS4 retail disc will have Stormy Ascent and Future Tense built in, just like the multiplatform release.
  • The PC version will feature 60 FPS gameplay capability.

Destructoid said:
Future Tense will be included in the Xbox One, Switch, and PC versions of the game, and will be free DLC for PlayStation 4 players. If you own a PS4 and haven't purchased Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy yet, the title will receive a physical refresh with the new content included. Future Tense will be made available as DLC on June 29, the same day the game launches on Xbox, Switch, and PC. N. Sane Trilogy will retail for $39.99 and Switch owners should be happy to know the game will notrequire an additional download if you buy physical.
Destructoid said:
The Switch has portability in its corner, but seeing Trilogy running at 4K on the Xbox One X is like watching a cartoon. It is absolutely beautiful...

...the console version still runs at 30fps, though it will hit 60fps on PC.
Kyle Martin (Producer at Vicarious Visions) said:
Once we started moving things to all platforms we wanted to look at what feedback from fans we wanted to address and one of the big things was the loading times, so we put a lot of work into improving that across the board for all platforms, so, across the board, you're gonna see pretty noticeable improvements on the loading timesfrom level to level.

Sources:
https://www.destructoid.com/crash-b...ooks-amazing-in-4k-and-on-switch-507136.phtml
https://t.co/JFEAdOrtGw

• Thumbs Up 4

45 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Not really news, but I think this deserves attention:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/one_guy_got_crash_bandicoot_n_sane_trilogy_up_and_running_on_switch

A single VV employee was ultimately responsible for Crash's revamped trilogy making it to Switch. No name given, but that man deserves a medal.

The hero we need, but don't deserve.

• 2 weeks later...

Crash for everyone!

Just updated my PS4 digital version, the loading times are non existent, it's like a PC game. Barely 3 seconds. 

I got into the game before downloading the Future Tense DLC, d'oh... And the PS Store is so slow here, holy shit. I wanna play iiiiit.

Who got the Switch or PC version? :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1