Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

It's a remake, not a remaster.

They literally said "remade from the ground up."

But anyway they said "remaster". Not remake.

No, he said: "fully remastered from the ground up". Which doesn't make sense, and raises questions.

I think regardless of whether it was a remake or remaster, they'd have to do it from the ground up because the coding language used in the original games is some fucking atrocious rarely-used language or something.

• Thumbs Up 8

To be truly honest, a remake of the original trilogy is the best option to START, after all, they are the best games.

I just prey for all my gods to this don't get cancelled along the way.

Also, thanks for the tittle, Nepe! <3

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

I think regardless of whether it was a remake or remaster, they'd have to do it from the ground up because the coding language used in the original games is some fucking atrocious rarely-used language or something.

Yeah, i'm guessing that what they meant was that the games are being brought back but reworked to play on PS4 with trophy support and such like the other classics on their right now and it might actually get a few other perks too but I wouldn't expect anything major.

This could be clever wordplay to initially excite the masses. I won't be surprised if we're just getting HD remasters.

The lack of footage from these games is only making me lean closer to that position. If they showed complete high quality remakes of the Crash games on stage, the crowd would have gone fucking nuts and Sony knows it. But they also know that showing just a remastered game would have sent mixed reactions and would send salt pouring from the heavens. But naw brah, all we got was Skylanders.

So ya, I'm expecting remasters. Good remasters, but not full out remakes.

Looks like that Crash mini game in Uncharted 4 was the demo for it.

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

He looks like he's straight out of FNAF.

image.jpeg

That is mortifying.  It's like Taz the Tasmanian Devil after getting hit by a bus.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually really liked this design, reminds me of the CNK one. Me! I like it! And it's pretty spot on with Zembillas' original drawings, even more so than the in-game model by Naughty Dog.

CrashBandicoot20Years2c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

He looks like he's straight out of FNAF.

image.jpeg

If people don't like this, think this is what Crash may look like in a hypothetical original Activision-developed Crash game.

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Video of Crash in Skylanders:

Official art:

13418753_1476386152386536_79190855344852

Actually, the art design doesn't look horribly bad from a select few angles.  But still.

I think the only weird thing about some of the renditions of the original design are those prominent cheek bones when he smiles. I imagine if they did away with those he'd look a bit less creepy. But that's a bit pedantic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Design is OK. Not amazing, but satisfying. I'm sure that in due time, when we actually see the new game, Crash will look more natural.

At least I hope.

Not that I'm complaining, I just wanted to see Crash come back. 

2 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

I think the only weird thing about some of the renditions of the original design are those prominent cheek bones when he smiles. I imagine if they did away with those he'd look a bit less creepy. But that's a bit pedantic.

It does... but they definitely took great inspiration from Zembillas' art. Proportion especially.

But oh boy, it's a MILLION times better than this:

crash-mind-over-mutant.jpg

There you go!

I'm really pumped for this!

I don't care if it's not technically a new Crash game, or if the Super Marsupial looks a bit different; I finally get to hang with Crash in a not-awful game for the first time since Twinsanity! (Really underrated gem, btw) I've been a huge Skylanders fan since DK and Bowser lured me into Superchargers, and getting to play as them, Spyro, and Crash together is the most exciting crossover since Smash 4! And I get a nice figure to boot!

So screw the remade trilogy! (Because I don't have a PS4) I'll go on my own Crash adventure! With blackjack and hookers! Skystones and Original Characters! (Donut Steel)

• Thumbs Up 1

If the game looks like that background, this is a remake, pretty much in the veins of Ratchet & Clank *--*

Thought I would add this post I made for the Skylanders topic which provides a little more detail about Crash.

15 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

So we got more info on Crash.

So Crash is a Sensei of the Life Element and as I predicted in the statuses, a master of the Brawler Battle Class alongside King Pen. He will also be voiced by Jess Harnell.

And yes, Crash is playable in all versions of the game. So that means Spyro, Cynder, Donkey Kong, Bowser and Crash will team up against Kaos! There is even a backstory explaining why the hell Crash is facing off against Kaos and his Doomlanders.

A wormhole has opened in Skylands and the great Aku Aku appears! He has come to announce the once-in-two-decades Synchronization Celebration--a time when all of the worlds align perfectly. All the inhabitants of Wumpa Island are having a party and they want to invite the Skylanders. But with Kaos on a quest to take over Skylands using his army of Doomlanders, the Skylanders must focus on stopping his evil plans. Never one to shy away from danger, the legendary marsupial Crash Bandicoot leaps through the wormhole to join the Skylanders in the ultimate battle against Kaos!

• Thumbs Up 1

So, who else is looking forward to Crash hooking up with DK and Bowser in the Nintendo version of Skylanders?

If the game looks like that background, this is a remake, pretty much in the veins of Ratchet & Clank *--*

Well they certainly can't put PS1-graphic backgrounds on stage, it will look fugly.

But yes I agree it will indeed be a remake IF the game is like that background.

But I believe it isn't. Who's going to develop game if it's indeed a remake? We should know almost immediately who is going to develop new games/remakes.

Alright! I am excited for this! I don't even care if it is not a new game, I am still getting the games! The remastered original trilogy, that is.

UPDATE: 2017 RELEASE!

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Skylanders/Crash-Bandicoot-Returns-in-Skylanders-Imaginators-and-Remastered/ba-p/9951160

Regarding Skylanders:

The news first broke at PlayStation’s E3 2016 press conference, where fans and viewers around the world got a first glimpse at Crash Bandicoot’s upcoming role in the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack Featuring Crash Bandicoot, available exclusively on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at launch. As part of the special Crash Bandicoot version of Skylanders Imaginators, Crash will return as one of the game’s new class of characters, Senseis, and as a brand new toy. But Crash’s role in Skylanders Imaginators extends far beyond aesthetics; the developers are bringing his distinctive personality and signature moves to the experience as well. Fans will be able to jump on TNT Crates to blow them up, collect a Bazooka Crate to get a rocket launcher, use a jetpack to attack from high in the air, or employ his classic spinning attack. As a Sensei character, Crash will have his own Sky-Chi attack where he uses his yo-yo to yank enemies into a spin attack. Jess Harnell will also be reprising his role as Crash in Skylanders Imaginators Featuring Crash Bandicoot.

Regarding the remaster:

Alongside Crash’s role in Skylanders Imaginators, today, it was also announced today that next year, we plan to launch a remastered collection of the first three Crash Bandicoot games—Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped —for PlayStation 4.

No mention on who's actually making the remasters :(

• Thumbs Up 1

I just realized though, did they actually say anywhere that these were exclusive for PS4? or just announced for it first. Since Activision didn't make the amiibo permanently PS4 exclusive, I could see the same happening here if they wanted to maximise sales