Awoo.

Spider-Man (PS4, PS5, PC) - PC VERSION COMING AUGUST 12TH 2022 - The Amazingly Spectacular Spidey game you've been waiting for

Ryannumber1gamer

Spider-Man-Insomniac-01-555x328.jpg

"Does Whatever a Spider Can" 

Announced in 2016's E3, and tonight, finally given an full gameplay reveal, Insomniac's Spider-Man game seems to be backing up Marvel's statement that they want their games to be made by quality developers from now on. The gameplay seemed to reveal a ton of details, such as Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) being one of the primary characters in the game, as well as one of the main villains being Mr. Negative and his Dragons gang. The gameplay incorporates a ton of gameplay styles, including stealth combat, environment interaction, and of course, webslinging through New York City. Spider-Man has been confirmed to be Peter Parker, however, supposedly Miles Morales will be making an appearance too. Furthermore, characters from the comics seem to also be appearing in the game. 

Take a look at the new gameplay, and enjoy.

Announce Trailer: 

Gameplay Trailer (2017): 

Paris Game Week Trailer (2017):

Open World Trailer: 

Pre-Order Trailer:

• Thumbs Up 9

And it sounded like Josh Keaton! They know the way to my heart...

Costume is weird though with the white spider, but whatever.

Interesting.  Can't wait to hopefully see more soon, since I'm always up for a hopefully decent Spiderman game.

I actually kinda like the costume, even if it's really different from what we're used to. Might change my mind when I get another look at it. And was that really Josh Keaton? Like, I feel like I would have recognized the voice instantly if that was the case, but it has been a while since I watched / played something where he voiced Peter.

Insomniac developing gives me a lot of confidence in this, can't wait to see more.

That was a pretty wicked little teaser trailer!

11 minutes ago, Mark Hoppus said:

And it sounded like Josh Keaton! They know the way to my heart...

Costume is weird though with the white spider, but whatever.

Was that Josh Keaton? I thought I was hearing Yuri Lowenthal at first. Although, to me, it would totally make more sense if it was Josh Keaton. :D

Sounded more like Yuri Lowenthal to me.

Also, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! This is looking fantastic and instantly went on the future PS4 buy list. This has the potential to be Spidey's Arkham. Can't wait to hear more about it!

4 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I actually kinda like the costume, even if it's really different from what we're used to. Might change my mind when I get another look at it. And was that really Josh Keaton? Like, I feel like I would have recognized the voice instantly if that was the case, but it has been a while since I watched / played something where he voiced Peter.

Insomniac developing gives me a lot of confidence in this, can't wait to see more.

Anyone have a picture of that costume?  I'm not watching the stream.

1 minute ago, Tara said:

Anyone have a picture of that costume?  I'm not watching the stream.

I'll do you one better ;)

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the white spider symbol contrasts a little too much with the rest of the suit and is kind of distracting visually, but I otherwise have no problems with the suit.  It's not particularly offensive.

I really hope they include a metric ton of alternate costumes. Luckily that tends to happen in Spider-Man games.

I think after much pondering this is the one game of E3 I'm interested in. I've never really been interested in Spiderman, and I've only ever seen him in action in a small section of one particular recent film.

But because its Insomniac Games, I imagine it'll be fun in a Ratchet & Clank and Sunset Overdrive sense, not in a Resistance sense.

I know this hasn't been confirmed to be a tie-in game, but...

Could it be possible we're seeing the Spiderman: Homecoming costume?

I would've liked to see Sucker Punch try their hand at this instead, seeing how open world super hero games have been their shtick for awhile now.  

But I'll settle for Insomniac, because Sunset Overdrive was fucking dope.

For recap value, here's that awesome sweet trailer!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/insomniacs-new-ps4-exclusive-spider-man-game-revealed-first-trailer/

Hey everyone,

Today at PlayStation’s Press Conference, we revealed our new Spider-Man game coming exclusively to PlayStation 4. (Surprise!) You can see the trailer below. There are a few fun details embedded throughout the piece, so take your time watching!

From a personal and professional standpoint, this is a dream come true. I’ve been an avid Marvel fan all my life. When I first learned Insomniac was approached by our long-time friends and collaborators at Sony Interactive Entertainment with the opportunity to create a blockbuster Spider-Man console game experience, I practically ran into Ted’s office professing my passion for Spider-Man – along with a desire to serve as creative director. Fortunately, there are many more longtime fans and professional admirers of Marvel at Insomniac. From comics to films and TV, Marvel has a stellar reputation for unique characters and storytelling filled with personality and humor. Those are tenets we value deeply in our own craft.

From our first meeting, Marvel, Spider-Man and Insomniac have felt like a match made in heaven. So much so that for the first time in Insomniac’s 22-year history, we’re working on an IP that didn’t originate in-house. We love building big games, with incredible gameplay, deep stories, and beautiful graphics. Spider-Man is one of the most iconic and well-known characters in the world, and we’re thrilled to be given the responsibility to create a brand-new, authentic Spider-Man story. Nope, this isn’t the same Spider-Man you’ve met before, nor is our game based on the upcoming movie. This is a more seasoned Peter Parker who’s more masterful at fighting big crime in New York City. At the same time, he’s struggling to balance his absurdly chaotic personal life and career. All while nine million New Yorkers depend on him for their safety… no pressure indeed.

This collaboration also allows us to quickly return to action developing on PS4. Having released Ratchet & Clank, we feel confident in our ability to create a showpiece for the console. And we’re downright giddy bringing Spidey’s acrobatic abilities, improvisation, and web-slinging to life. But we also want to introduce new elements that players have never experienced with Spider-Man, ranging from traversing with parkour and utilizing the environment, to new combat and blockbuster set-pieces.

We can’t wait to share more about our Spider-Man game in the months to come. For all the latest, follow Insomniac Games on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.

The game is unrelated to Homecoming.

• Thumbs Up 6

The game looks cool, but wow, the made a worse costume than even Civil War. Hopefully you can get a Amazing Spider-Man 2 costume fairly early.

This ended up being the surprise of the show for me. Hell, if they get the swinging right this could be my GOTY. 

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The game looks cool, but wow, the made a worse costume than even Civil War. Hopefully you can get a Amazing Spider-Man 2 costume fairly early.

But the Civil War costume was cool...*shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Johnny Boy said:

Looks sweet! But is that Josh Keaton voicing Spidey?

Nope it sounds like Yuri Lowenthal. I recognized his voice.

This game looks dope as fuck, i won't lie; I haven't played a decent Spider Man game since Ultimate Spiderman 11 years ago.

I really hope Insomniac nails this. It's been so long since there's been a great Spider Man game. From what was shown, it looks like an evolution of Spider Man 2, which is good. Though, I wouldn't be totally opposed to a linear game like Spider Man 64/PS1/DC, which is still the best Spider Man game to me. But, I think Open-World probably makes the most sense for Spider Man.

6 hours ago, KHCast said:

But the Civil War costume was cool...*shrugs*

Civil War costume was terrible. Outside of the eyes, It looked like a costume you could buy at Walmart. I hated the unraised webbing. The style of eyes from the older movies looked better, especially Amazing Spider Man 2 where they absolutely nailed the costume.

Personally I liked the more simplistic, but slick design and lighter colors. Was appealing to my eyes, yet still fit with the character and universe. 

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

Civil War costume was terrible. Outside of the eyes, It looked like a costume you could buy at Walmart. I hated the unraised webbing. The style of eyes from the older movies looked better, especially Amazing Spider Man 2 where they absolutely nailed the costume.

The Civil War costume was straight out of the comics. From the Romita style eyes to the fat tick spider on his back.

It's funny that you dislike the unraised webbing as the raised webbing was a constant complaint about both the Raimi and Webb suits.

Personally I feel that the suit in TASM2 wasn't that great. The design itself was fine but the execution was lacking, there was a sheen to all the colours and the red was far too dark, almost purple-ish.

• Thumbs Up 3