Awoo.

Spider-Man (PS4, PS5, PC) - PC VERSION COMING AUGUST 12TH 2022 - The Amazingly Spectacular Spidey game you've been waiting for

Ryannumber1gamer

I'm going to have to agree, I think the Spidey costume in Civil War is the best live action costume we'd been given yet. I've always preferred Romita and Ditko's styled suits over McFarlane.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Mark Hoppus said:

The Civil War costume was straight out of the comics. From the Romita style eyes to the fat tick spider on his back.

It's funny that you dislike the unraised webbing as the raised webbing was a constant complaint about both the Raimi and Webb suits.

Personally I feel that the suit in TASM2 wasn't that great. The design itself was fine but the execution was lacking, there was a sheen to all the colours and the red was far too dark, almost purple-ish.

Well, I guess I don't care for Romita's Spider Man then. The unraised webbing just made it look cheap to me. Colors seemed fine to me with ASM2 suit.

I'm fine with this suit, but its hard for me to dislike most of Spidey's costumes since his colors are so great to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

rN9ckZG.jpg

Spoiler

hXLME9U.jpg

Civil War's Spidey looks like he jumped right out of Romita or Ditko's old pages. It looked perfect to me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Liking the look of the game!

Although, the white spider is a bit of an eyesore for me, in my opinion. I dunno, I don't like it. Perhaps I'll get used to it, though.

This is seriously one of the best things to happen to Spidey in gaming for me. Knowing one of my all-time favorite developers is working on a game starring the web-slinger is positively euphoric.

I am waiting with bated breath for more info on this game. I want it. I need it.

Also, I like the new costume.

New Insomniac game? Yes!

But it's a licensed game...and as I've learned, even competent developers can stumble when it comes to licenses games. But hopefully it won't completely suck.

The stuff in the trailer looks too good to be true to be honest, but with Insomniac at the helm it should be very good. I'm also a little put off by the white on the costume (it contrasts way too much with the rest of the costume, making it kind of distracting) so I'm hoping for optional outfit changes.

Yea, I hope they allow you to wear different costumes from other continuities.

• Thumbs Up 1

So anyone have any guesses for villains we fight? I'm hoping for Doctor Octopus myself.

16 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

So anyone have any guesses for villains we fight? I'm hoping for Doctor Octopus myself.

Mysterio's always a must for me, but I don't know if they'll ever manage to outdo the convenience store boss fight that was in Spider-Man 2.

If anything, I'm hoping that using Mysterio would give them an excuse to create a boss encounter that's super bombastic and over the top. Kinda like the giant Smythe Robot boss from Amazing Spider-Man 1, except in a (fingers crossed) really good game.

• Thumbs Up 4

If there are unlockable costumes, and I'm sure there will be since they're basically a staple of Spidey games, I'd like to see the Future Federation suit again. It was in a few previous games, but I'm pretty sure they were all around the time he wore that design in the comics...which makes sense, of course, I just think it'd be a shame to never see it again. I loved that design, haha.

latest?cb=20110406163121

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, I'd love a Spider-Gwen outfit/alternative model.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Honestly, I'd love a Spider-Gwen outfit/alternative model.

Yes, please. And if we're going to go that far (to the point of new voice clips, probably :P), Miles would be great to see.

Also, as for villains...I'm more than okay with just seeing the usual suspects, really. Goblin, Ock, Vulture, Electro, etc. etc. I'm curious to see who the main villain is; in fact, thinking about it, there haven't been too many Spidey games where the main villain / final boss was someone like Green Goblin or Ock, so going with one of the classics would actually be something different from the norm at this point.

Just now, Celestia said:

Yes, please. And if we're going to go that far (to the point of new voice clips, probably :P), Miles would be great to see.

Also, as for villains...I'm more than okay with just seeing the usual suspects, really. Goblin, Ock, Vulture, Electro, etc. etc. I'm curious to see who the main villain is; in fact, thinking about it, there haven't been too many Spidey games where the main villain / final boss was someone like Green Goblin or Ock, so going with one of the classics would actually be something different from the norm at this point.

Personally, I'm hoping for Venom. 

Also Ultimate Spider-Man please, complete with cel-shading.

Villains wise the main one I want has to be Mysterio.

But I'd also like 616 style Rhino, Scorpion, Shocker, Doc Ock.

So y'know, like in the old PS1 game.

But costume wise, man there's so many I'd want. But top of the list for me has to be Ben Reily's two suits.

latest?cb=20101227110051

ben_reilly.jpg

And a special shout out to Spider-Man Unlimited

Spidey-suit.jpg

Suit looks like a mish-mash of both TASM2 and Civil war Costumes. With the addition of a giant ass white spider symbol. Looks alright, appreciate that they tried to be a little different to make it "Theirs" I guess. 

Bummed out that it's a PS4 Exclusive D: 

12 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

We've come a long way from this

Well, whether this game actually tops Spiderman 2 is still in the air, as good as it looks. 2 still hasn't been topped, I think.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN 2ND SUIT OR BUST

1cd266a6d52a4148a01b34404373f323.png

ALEX ROSS SPIDER-MAN SUIT OR BUST

b08a18fe08f84b4abfedbe3fd1fdd89a.png

LAST STAND SPIDER-MAN SUIT OR BUST

tumblr_nf4gepiBTc1r2k7mbo1_500.png

On the subject of costumes, I doubt this will ever happen by nature of how video games just happen to work, but I'd love it if an alternate costumes were available pretty early on in the game as opposed to making us clear the main story first.  Just because I know I hate being stuck with a costume that I don't particularly like for the whole story.

Again, I know it will never happen, since they wouldn't want you to make their pre-rendered cutscenes inconsistent with the first playthrough, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I decided to compile a list of costumes I'd love to see in this game. Tell me what you all think.

Ultimate Spider-Man:

Spoiler

1d0f8dfbbf70e4852b6149efcd26c76c.jpg

For me personally, Ultimate Spider-Man, as in the comics is one of my all time favourite versions of the character, and his costume design is no different. It's the subtle alterations about the outfit that I love the most. The more expressive eyes, and the slicker outfit design for a younger Peter Parker as Spidey. I think it'd be awesome if the outfit was also cel-shaded, similar to how Arkham City handled the Animated Batman outfit.

Sam Raimi Spidey:

Spoiler

The Spidey outfit that helped introduced me into the series. Both the Sam Raimi movies, and the 1994 Spidey animated series is what made me a fan of the webhead to begin with, and it's the outfit that's likely served as many a fans first glimpse of Spidey. It's an iconic outfit that stays true to the character while having it's own uniqueness to it, and I think it'd be awesome to include.

Spectactular Spidey

Spoiler

The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series is one of my personal favourite Spidey series to date, and it's one I felt ended far too soon. While I disagree with a few of the character designs, I thought Spectacular Spidey's design was actually really cool, taking design cues from his original web cape design, his expressive eyes, and modernizing it a little. 

Spider-Ham:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160101051433

After Shattered Dimensions had a final scene showing off Spider-Ham, I was a little disappointed not to see him appear as an alternative costume in other games, although I guess it's too be expected when the following games was movie licensed, and had ugly models to boot, so it's not surprising they weren't willing to create a new model for Spider-Ham. Insomniac on the other hand might go to that length, and I think it'd be entertaining to swing around a realistic new york city with a pig version of Spider-Man.

Spider-Gwen:

Spoiler

Spider-Gwen.png

Yeah, Spider-Gwen is kind of a given at this point, considering how much of an fanbase she's gotten since Spider-Verse, but what can I say? It's a really interesting concept. Here, I want them to kinda go the whole nine yards though, like Spider-Ham, such as creating a female Spidey model for Gwen, and having an additional voice actor play Gwen (Unrealistic, but what can I say? I'd kinda want the same thing for other Spideys like 2099 and Miles Morale).

Additional Spidey outfits that I'm not gotta write a full post about right now but would be cool:

Miles Morales:

Spider-Man_(Miles_Morales).jpg

Spider Girl:

spdrgrlpic.gif

Scarlet Spider:

250?cb=20140211054743

On 16/06/2016 at 5:52 AM, Tara said:

But at what cost?

Best mission in the entire game.

They better fucking remake this :D