Awoo.

Spider-Man (PS4, PS5, PC) - PC VERSION COMING AUGUST 12TH 2022 - The Amazingly Spectacular Spidey game you've been waiting for

Ryannumber1gamer

54 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Neversofts will always hold a spot in my heart.  this looks good. But the CE is a eh atm. Is that statue good quality?

Not sure yet apparently the Spider-Man part on top IS a part of it. But the lower part (covered by the raft box) is apparently something spoilerly they will show later. (Judging by the price 150$ price it’s going to be a 60-70$ Gentle giants statue)

Ah. I wonder if it's a villians body. Honestly 4he only recent stage I've got that wowed me was xenoverse 2s

No Spider-Man breaking out in song to make his girlfriend jealous, worst game ever 0/10

Edit: Spider Man Noir outfit confirmed!

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Ah. I wonder if it's a villians body. Honestly 4he only recent stage I've got that wowed me was xenoverse 2s

There might be a chance that Miles in his Spidey costume is on the bottom.

• 2 months later...

The gameplay is looking really fun and creative. The combat looks very smooth, much like in the Arkham games. I think this game is in good hands!

Here's some more gameplay:

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus Christ, this looks fun as fuck. The city is incredibly detailed, I like the abundance of brown and orange tones, it makes the city feel bigger and even cozy. Much better and more colorful than just a lot of grey. The art direction here is top notch. 

• 2 months later...

So with all the drama about the game lately(shocker, the footage we’ve been seeing was a vertical slice. Sucks, but expected given this industry), what’re your thoughts here? I’m still excited even though I’m slightly disappointed at this 

Games changing over time is a given and this has always been a case of the usual suspects(youtube) making a mountain out of a molehill for clicks. I'm still buying the game day one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care about the drama, really. I still want to get my hands on this game ASAP, especially after seeing the Photo Mode trailer:

Look at all the cool stuff you can do with it!

From what I get, a vertical slice is a proof of concept right? In which case, you'd need to be more specific, are you saying the press demos, gameplay, and everything else has been proof of concepts or something?

Not that it matters, as Wraith said, games change all the time in development. Why do you think a lot of the old PS2 demo discs always had a warning about how a game was in production and this small demo didn't represent the final product? Insomniac has an extremely impressive track record with only one game being shit because EA forcefully altered their concept to please test audiences, I very much doubt that Insomniac would half-ass it. I'm still extremely excited myself.

People seem to try to be making this out to be another Aliens Colonial Marines or Watchdogs, but I don’t think 1. Insomniac is infamous and shit like Ubisoft and Gearbox and low on gamer trust and 2. They didn’t actually lie about anything iirc?

>People complaining about some water puddles in a game that otherwise looks incredible in every aspect.

Probably XONE owners :P

This Spider-Man game looks amazing (no pun intended), I have my pre-order on and I'll keep it. Insomniac should be proud of it. I believe this will be another mark in super hero games, just like the Batman Arkham series was. And it might as well be the beginning of perhaps a MGU? Marvel Gaming Universe. Would love this so much. The discussion about downgrade is absolutely ridiculous in this day and age, as if companies never do that, right? As if marketing isn't like that? As if your Big Mac really looks like this, right? Seriously, internet...

Here's a look at the first portion of the three-part City That Never Sleeps post-launch DLC, The Heist, featuring Black Cat:

• Thumbs Up 1

Any word when the review embargo is lifting?

Edit: Scratch that, the embargo is lifting tomorrow at 3pm GMT!

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Any word when the review embargo is lifting?

You won't have long to wait. From what I've heard, it's tomorrow.

Reviews have officially dropped. 

IGN: 8.7 out of 10: 

Gamespot: 9 out of 10

Jim Sterling: 

ACG: 

In general, it seems like it's extremely fantastic, with a few nibbles in the open world holding it back. 

Also, on a side note, ACG's review confirms there's 25 different suits in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

How can a game with the Sinister Six and side villains like Shocker or Kingpin lack in boss fights? Don't tell me some of the villains get imprisoned off-screen or without a fight.

Putting it into the spoiler tags, but if you want an idea of how much effort when into the alternative suits...

Spoiler

Animated Spidey costume:

Digital Foundry has done an analysis that's given us an explanation for some of the puddlegate stuff, specifically, Spidey's suit. The resolution is the same, the texture of the costume has been changed to represent a different kind of material due to the original texture looking like plastic, while the new one looks like cloth. Because of this, they shine light differently.