Klinsy

Mario Party: Star Rush(3DS)

Are you ready to party ... again ... again ... again ... *One long string of agains* with Mario and friends?

Announced in Nintendo's PR, this game, as described:

a new Mario Party game for Nintendo 3DS that includes additions and changes to make it much more fast-paced and portable-friendly – players no longer have to wait for their turn, as everyone moves at once. Mario Party Star Rush launches Nov. 4.

So, If I'm going to guess, it's going to add the car system from the last two console games, could be fun if they improved on it, game is due to be shown off tomorrow live at the Treehouse.

You can also thank the game for these beauties.

JUsLi78.png

I'll be honest and say that the game doesn't interest me at all but Boo, Waluigi and Diddy Kong amiibo do interest me.

Especially Diddy, he is so expressive in his along with sitting on a barrel.

7 hours ago, A Pink To The Cat said:

Are you ready to party ... again ... again ... again ... *One long string of agains* with Mario and friends?

Announced in Nintendo's PR, this game, as described:

So, If I'm going to guess, it's going to add the car system from the last two console games, could be fun if they improved on it, game is due to be shown off tomorrow live at the Treehouse.

You can also thank the game for these beauties.

JUsLi78.png

Players can't all move at once if they're still stuck in a car, mang. No dice on that guess.

So, from what I seen, this game will have a boss rush mode where you have to play as ... Toad, hooray.

But it does let you play as the other characters as allies and it's bringing back 2D Mario artwork and no car, so it could be cool.

Speaking as somebody who's never played a Mario Party game and probably never will, this looks refreshing and intriguing - though I understand the series oscillates wildly between stagnancy and change for change's sake, so I'm sure there are mixed feelings.

That's slightly closer to traditional...so peoples still wouldn't be happy. Though they only showed the mode where you all start out as Toads and recruit.

Also Bowser should have more mecha, who couldn't use more mecha? That one looks real nice.

It wouldn't be the first boxart I've seen this E3 which looked distinctly placeholderish; the supposed Breath Of The Wild boxart doesn't give the impression of finality either.

The RTS elements of the game do look interesting from a technical standpoint, but as someone who isn't really into that style of game, I can't say it's really any better than the car for me, personally.  Especially if you're only recruiting characters and not actually playing as them.

3 hours ago, Tara said:

The RTS elements of the game do look interesting from a technical standpoint, but as someone who isn't really into that style of game, I can't say it's really any better than the car for me, personally.  Especially if you're only recruiting characters and not actually playing as them.

But you are playing as them, the trailer showed recruited characters taking place of the Toad on their profile icons. Unless...you meant something else.

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

But you are playing as them, the trailer showed recruited characters taking place of the Toad on their profile icons. Unless...you meant something else.

But I mean, it's not as simple as just selecting the character from the start, and I don't know if you even get to use the recruited characters for the entirety of the game.

Just now, Tara said:

But I mean, it's not as simple as just selecting the character from the start, and I don't know if you even get to use the recruited characters for the entirety of the game.

According to the Treehouse event, you do get to use the recruited characters the entirety of the board map...you only lose a recruited character if somebody steals them in a battle.

And all the Mario characters have special dice block association, they do something special.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

According to the Treehouse event, you do get to use the recruited characters the entirety of the board map...

Well, that sounds fi-

you only lose a recruited character if somebody steals them in a battle.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

And all the Mario characters have special dice block association, they do something special.

Okay that still sounds more complicated than it ought to be when we could, instead, just have it where we choose the character(s) we want from the start and play as them all the way through.

EDIT- UGH WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH IPB4'S QUOTING SYSTEM JESUS CHRIST