Awoo.

GOG(Good Old Games) Summer Sale! 4 days left!

Mando-Whirl-Wind

Surprised no one has made a topic for this yet, since we're 7 days in and have 4 days left. So GOG is a game sales site that specializes in older and independent games and excels in future compatibility for older games, including quite a few that are impossible to play otherwise. They have also introduced a Client similar to STEAM called GOG Galaxy. The big difference though is that they do their best to make the games work on all current Windows OS and they are DRM free so once you have a game it's yours forever even if they go offline, it's the closest you can get to getting them on CD these days. Oh and they are owned by the same group that makes the Witcher so they have that too

Now we may be far in, but the great thing about this summer sale is that once a game is put on sale, it remains that price the entire length of the sale so you never miss out and new deals are added each day. Oh and free games too, if you spend enough, and they usually give a completely free one or two as well.

So what are you waiting for, get out there and buy games!

https://www.gog.com/

Also anyone here ever heard of Way of the Samurai 4? I'm considering grabbing it, but thought I'd ask if anyone here has thoughts on it. Also Kerbal Space Program is here too!

• Thumbs Up 2

Why the fuck would you pay $10 for the original Turok?

Why the fuck would you pay $20 for the original Turok when it isn't on sale!?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

Why the fuck would you pay $10 for the original Turok?

Why the fuck would you pay $20 for the original Turok when it isn't on sale!?

publisher determined, and for the most part the prices are really good for the rare games and they are ensured to work on modern computers

I received this on e-mail. But yeah, I need to confess, I only have my Steam, GOG and Origin accounts to enjoy the free games, and the chat. The rest, I download pirate.

Well, I got myself Rogue Squadron.

The sensitivity is insane on the mouse, might use a controller.

Picked up Saints Row 3 with all the DLC for around $3.50. Fucking loved this game a couple of summers back so it's nice to have it in my pc collection with all the DLC I didn't pick up with it.

Btw, thanks for the heads up about this sale guys. Would have never known about it (or the site) otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Picked up Saints Row 3 with all the DLC for around $3.50. Fucking loved this game a couple of summers back so it's nice to have it in my pc collection with all the DLC I didn't pick up with it.

Btw, thanks for the heads up about this sale guys. Would have never known about it (or the site) otherwise.

No prob, the site has a lot of great gems. If you want a crazy open world game, take a look at Way of the Samurai 4

17 minutes ago, Mark Hoppus said:

Well, I got myself Rogue Squadron.

The sensitivity is insane on the mouse, might use a controller.

surprised you didn't just get the blasters pack, then you could experienced the X-wing series, considered the best Starwars space sim

I've never really been one for more serious space flight games. Rogue Squadron's more arcadey approach suits me more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mark Hoppus said:

I've never really been one for more serious space flight games. Rogue Squadron's more arcadey approach suits me more.

More of an arcadey combat game than true sim, but hey, your choice is your choice

I've not picked up anything, but I have a ton of games in my GOG account that I can recommend.

Police Quest 1-4

Caesar 3

Zeus + Poseidon

Pharaoh + cleopatra

System Shock 2 (This was free via GOG Galaxy, unsure if it still is).

Dungeon Keeper 1 + 2

Rollercoaster Tycoon

Theme Hospital

GOG's fantastic. They have a policy to only sell games without DRM, and have much better service than Steam. Then again, everyone has better service than Steam.

I picked up most if not all of these during the recent Humble Bundle sale, but if you haven't got em, get em.

To The Moon - a seriously beautiful little RPG/Story game. Play this shit, seriously.

Oxenfree - a nice 2D adventure companion to Life Is Strange, nails that teenage hyperemotional stuff as well as... other things....

Her Story - Don't listen to the idiots who say it's not a game. A compelling narrative detective story and Viva Seifert is amazing. 

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - what if you took the Telltale formula and gave it too many sweets?

Omikron: The Nomad Soul - Now I'm not saying this is a good game, but I am saying that it has cyberpunk disembodied David Bowie and it's directed by David Cage. A trainwreck worth £1.79 of anyones money.

Jade Empire - Dat Bioware goodness

Now do I pick up the Myst bundle or not? I've always been curious....

Made 3 pickups, with one being way overdue:

Kerbal Space Program,

Way of the Samurai 4

Strike Suit zero

was tempted by the ancient city builders pack, but I was having trouble with the payment screen, and I'm going into a pretty strict no game buying period for myself next week so I passed. Want to kill my wiiu backlog and my time will be limited