Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

post-5980-0-51643500-1375152210_thumb.jp Sorry it's so small, just click on it and zoom in. Is this what you wanted? Edited by SheWhoRantsTooMuch

Yeah, that will do.

Weird, though.  It look like it might be a browser error.  I'm not sure what kind of browser error would cause a font to change like that, but in any case, there is certainly no feature on this board that allows for that font to be used.  If you are using FireFox, click on "Tools" in the menu bar, then "Options" -> "Content" -> "Font and Colors" -> "Advanced" and see if your display matches this.

zUBcCxf.jpg

Yeah, that will do.   Weird, though.  It look like it might be a browser error.  I'm not sure what kind of browser error would cause a font to change like that, but in any case, there is certainly no feature on this board that allows for that font to be used.  If you are using FireFox, click on "Tools" in the menu bar, then "Options" -> "Content" -> "Font and Colors" -> "Advanced" and see if your display matches this.   zUBcCxf.jpg
Actually, I'm not using a computer, so I can't. I'm always on via mobile. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Actually, I'm not using a computer, so I can't. I'm always on via mobile. Maybe that has something to do with it?

It might.  I don't know enough about mobile devices, but your device's browser should still have Font options somewhere.

It might.  I don't know enough about mobile devices, but your device's browser should still have Font options somewhere.

I browse using a mobile device from time to time, and yes that font does make an appearance every so often, especially for users who don't use the forum's default font.

I have a feeling that it's probably because the phone doesn't have Comic Sans installed, and is substituting it for another/'similar' font that it has in its library.

Hey, I was wondering if there was an option of 'blocking' topics, per se - You see, there's quite a few topics here that I quite frankly don't need to be reminded that it exists. Like... is there a way to make them less obvious, like blocking them from showing up at the front page, dropping it to the bottom of the page... So on.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg Sorry it's so small, just click on it and zoom in. Is this what you wanted?

Ah yes, my profile does that when I visit on my iPhone. I think it's just an error with Safari.

Hey, I was wondering if there was an option of 'blocking' topics, per se - You see, there's quite a few topics here that I quite frankly don't need to be reminded that it exists. Like... is there a way to make them less obvious, like blocking them from showing up at the front page, dropping it to the bottom of the page... So on.

As far as I know, there is not a "make topic less obvious" feature. Thankfully, it's not difficult to simply not click on topics you don't want to read or participate in.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Yeeeaaaaahhhh...not gonna lie. I'm too tired to go over 14 pages of various questions and answers. Is there a page around here where they go over the various codes and formats at use at this site?

Also, there has to be a way to format pictures you take from the internet into a more compressed state? I mean, I don't see any evidence of an auto-format, and I can't make any art threads if even the most compressed jpegs I have can't be uploaded or they can't be posted without getting blown up on the page....and I'm sure as hell not going to compress them and lose fidelity.angry.png

Maybe there's a special code to size them down or something....sigh, gonna have to put my art thread on hold for now.

Yeeeaaaaahhhh...not gonna lie. I'm too tired to go over 14 pages of various questions and answers. Is there a page around here where they go over the various codes and formats at use at this site?

BBCode is fairly simple to use, and you can make use of most of them in the reply bar - Bold, underline, strikeout, etc.

The only often used BBCode I don't see in the post bar is the spoiler tags, which are a simple case of [ SPOILER ] without the spaces followed by [ / SPOILER ] without the spaces around whatever you wish to obscure.

BBCode is fairly simple to use, and you can make use of most of them in the reply bar - Bold, underline, strikeout, etc.

The only often used BBCode I don't see in the post bar is the spoiler tags, which are a simple case of [ SPOILER ] without the spaces followed by [ / SPOILER ] without the spaces around whatever you wish to obscure.

Well yes, i did the hang of that eventually. The art that vexes me is the code to use different media, such as flash, Youtube, those tiny little links at the bottom of some people's sig. Ya know, DA COOL STUFF!! YEEAAHH!! 

I'm sure there's a specific page for this somewhere.

Upload the images to Google+. It has a resize tool built into the image link.

PhotoBucket and Imgur also have (limited) resize tools as well, if I recall.

But once again, that means using another device to resize your pictures.....

which means there is no code or internal feature to reformat pictures here. *sigh* I miss Wordpress. 

Well time is of the essence, and I need to get my art thread up. I guess I'll just make an entire folder and make copies of files I need to re-size on PS. The things I do to built hypesad.png

Thanks for any assistance.

I'm not sure what you mean by "another device."  Unless those features are not available on mobile, which I'm pretty sure they are, then you shouldn't have to change devices to edit the size.

Could you also specify what you mean by "tiny little links?"  The links in my sig, for example, are just regular hyperlinks.

I'm not sure what you mean by "another device."  Unless those features are not available on mobile, which I'm pretty sure they are, then you shouldn't have to change devices to edit the size.

Could you also specify what you mean by "tiny little links?"  The links in my sig, for example, are just regular hyperlinks.

No what I really meant was "third party feature". Like I stated, I got spoiled by Wordpress and expected there be an internal image format feature here in the forums.

As for the tiny little links, yes I am aware they are hyperlinks, but they're arranged in such a specific fashion that I wonder if that is some form of HTML magic or something.

No what I really meant was "third party feature". Like I stated, I got spoiled by Wordpress and expected there be an internal image format feature here in the forums.

As for the tiny little links, yes I am aware they are hyperlinks, but they're arranged in such a specific fashion that I wonder if that is some form of HTML magic or something.

Well, yes, unfortunately most images you use on this forum must be hosted externally.

As for the hyperlinks, there's no HTML magic or anything, as I don't believe HTML is even enabled on the board.  You can arrange them using the alignment and paragraph indention buttons in the box or by just using the BBCode.  Mine, for example, are just centered and separated by a vertical line.

• 1 month later...

What would be the correct forum to post my fan game project in? Sonic Showcase or Miscellaneous Works?

This is a good question. I often wonder what, specifically, the difference is between the purpose of these two forums.

Sonic Showcase has historically been dominated by graphic art. The Misc Works forum is there for anything that isn't that, so that non-graphic stuff isn't swamped by it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't you think the word "F***" or any other profane words are too strong to be allowed in the Sonic Stadium? I have seen people say these in posts, and status updates. Okay, picture a 9-year-old on the boards, he made a new account. But when he sees that word in a status update, he gets the wrong idea. He now frequently uses bad words, and when his parents notice too, sucks for him.

Don't you think the word "F***" or any other profane words are too strong to be allowed in the Sonic Stadium? I have seen people say these in posts, and status updates. Okay, picture a 9-year-old on the boards, he made a new account. But when he sees that word in a status update, he gets the wrong idea. He now frequently uses bad words, and when his parents notice too, sucks for him.

You're right, sucks for him. Thing is, this is the internet, where anything can happen and people have the freedom of speech to say what they want.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was honestly surprised at it when I first came here that language didn't seem to be an issue. Most forums I have been to in the past had filters on all the profanity words and it bleeped them all out. Doesn't bug me of course, but not sure if parents would like younger kids being around it or not?

Roareye made a wonderful (ly profanity-laced) post about profanity a couple years ago. I'll see if I can dig it up. It actually does a good job covering the issue, as sarcastic as it was.

IIRC, you need to be 13 to join up here anyway. :I 

• Thumbs Up 4

IIRC, you need to be 13 to join up here anyway. :I 

Wait, wait... WHAT?!

But. I joined here when I was 12 years old in September! (NOW I'm 13 years old)