Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

Just a question that a few might be thinking about (or not), but do you guys have any updates regarding patching things back from old SSMB (Badges, more themes, etc.)?

A commonly asked question, just thought I'd like to see if there's an update right now regarding this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just a question that a few might be thinking about (or not), but do you guys have any updates regarding patching things back from old SSMB (Badges, more themes, etc.)?

A commonly asked question, just thought I'd like to see if there's an update right now regarding this.

Sorry for the delay in response.  Wanted to let an actual admin answer it since they would know first and foremoest, but since they seem to have their hands tied, I'm just going to go out of on a limb and say that we'll announce something when we make any kind of headway.

Is there any way to not have Twitter links turn into the tweets and have them just be links? It's really annoying. I've tried removing the format and using the link option, but they didn't work.

Is there any way to not have Twitter links turn into the tweets and have them just be links? It's really annoying. I've tried removing the format and using the link option, but they didn't work.

I'm thinking the best way is to just link to the Tweet through text.  Like so.

Unless you're adamant about having the URL visible, in which case, if removing the formatting didn't work, then I'm not sure.

• 2 months later...

I'm following the SSMB Crossing RP topic, but sometimes it doesn't notify me when someone posts. I know that @Failinhearts has also been having this problem. What's up with that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, GamerGirl54321 said:

I'm following the SSMB Crossing RP topic, but sometimes it doesn't notify me when someone posts. I know that @Failinhearts has also been having this problem. What's up with that?

Yeah. Is there a reason why this happens, or is this a bug?

For some reason, I think it's because it won't notify us if posts show in a short period of time after the last notified post. I need verification on that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if this was already asked or not since I'm new here but, I posted a comment on this article and it says "Your comment is awaiting moderation". How long does this process take?

So, how are spoiler tags supposed to work at the moment?  I haven't had a button for it for a while, but I see other people using them no problem.  If it makes a difference, I'm using Firefox, fully updated to my knowledge.

Testing...

Wait, hold on, the button's back now.  That's... interesting timing.

Spoiler

Testing.

Thanks all the same, though.

• 3 months later...

So is there a censor ship program running on Sonic Stadium? I ask because none of the comments or replies I write on the news articles show up, ever.

5 hours ago, Mustard. said:

So is there a censor ship program running on Sonic Stadium? I ask because none of the comments or replies I write on the news articles show up, ever.

Hi there.

I just responded to your rather rude email about this. 

Comments are automatically removed/placed in the spam bin under the following conditions.

The comment breaks a number of 'spam rules,' these are rules which wordpress has in them to prevent spam bots from destroying comment sections. 

They include but are not limited to the following...

1: A user constantly changing their name under the same IP.

2: A user leaving comments with 1 or many links in it to other sites. (This one even affects me when I'm logged into TSS.

Now other reasons why your comments don't get through.

1: Your username/IP was manually marked as spam. This would happen if you were intentionally being a pratt in the comments or deliberately doing stuff to make it a horrible place for all concerned and a staff member had finally had enough.

Now I know that this hasn't happened to you because if I search the comment using the email you contacted us with I can still see yur comments on our site using the name Ketchup.

Which leads me to suspect 1 or a combination of the following has occurred. 

* You have been regularly changing your username or/and email to leave comments so the spam filter thinks your a bot and is auto removing them or placing them in moderation 

* You have been including some links in your comments.

Now because you didn't include any details in your email like articles you had replied to recently or usernames/emails you had used to leave a comment. I can't really look into it since I have no idea what to look for.

Maybe if you do that it can be looked into when my ex are over at the end of this week.

• 3 months later...

I've got a question. How do you upload a signature that's larger than 450 x 200 pixels? Like, obviously this is within reason. I'm not gonna be having sigs that are 8 x 11 inches, but it's so limiting when you can't have an image greater than 200 pixels in height. It makes pictures that aren't the perfect shape become incredibly tiny and sometimes indistinguishable.

There are people with sigs way bigger than 450 x 200. Is there some trick to bypass this limitation? Or is it something like, this size limit wasn't always present so if a member was around before they made that limitation they keep that privilege? 

I mean, it's not that big a deal, but it's quite disheartening when you find an image online that would make a perfect sig, only to find it doesn't look so good when I need to keep cropping and resizing it to try and fit that tiny size limit.

The signature size limit is 600 x 300.  If you're having trouble uploading it, it probably has something to do with the physical size of the file, not the actual dimensions.

qelZT3W.png

@Tara Not for me. I can take any image, even one that's just slightly above 450 x 200 and it'll tell me it's too large.

Let's take a look at this random image that I just pulled from tumblr. It's size is 532 x 300. I did resize it, but before I resized it with was 540 x 304, this was just the first image I saw that was close enough to the dimensions you said, unless the fact that it was 4 pixels taller than 300 before I resize it makes that much of a difference.

auoXX5s.png

But when I try to make it my sig, I get this.

6RVPJTJ.png

Oops, I guess the 600 x 300 limit may just be for moderators?? I am a bit confused because I've seen signatures bigger than 420 x 200 used by non-moderators myself. I'll try contacting an admin about this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Quoting the guidelines:

Don't make everyone's eyes bleed. Follow signature limits. Signature limitation rules are there for everyone, to make SSMB a nicer place to read and a better place to browse. Your signature and avatar should not exceed 400kb combined. Your signature should not stretch the page. Your signature should not be higher than 600 pixels. People want to scroll through forum posts, not your huge sig.

The height shouldn't be an issue (unless this got changed and we never updated the rules?). It's probably something to do with the combined file sizes of your avatar and the image you want to use (which, by itself, exceeds the 400kb limit).

Unless the 600x300px is just for mods. In which case... oops

Hello

Sorry for this silly question, but how do you make status updates? I've been trying to find out how for a while now and I havn't really been able to figure out how it works. I think it may be a bug on my account preventing me from producing status updates. I PM'd a mod a few days ago, but they still havn't checked it. 

Thank you for your support. 

At the top of the page, you should see a little button that Says "+ Create."  Click that and you will get a drop down menu.  Click "Status" in the choices given.

13 hours ago, Tara said:

At the top of the page, you should see a little button that Says "+ Create."  Click that and you will get a drop down menu.  Click "Status" in the choices given.

Only Topic appears in the drop down menu. 

I checked and found that status updates were disabled for you for some reason.  I went ahead and re-enabled them.  Try the above method again.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tara said:

I checked and found that status updates were disabled for you for some reason.  I went ahead and re-enabled them.  Try the above method again.

Thank you, it works now. 

• Thumbs Up 1