Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

For some reason, the site gives me an error when I try to post a thread.

Just to give everyone a heads up who is experiencing this (actually as it turns out, staff can't post topics right now either...), the admins are looking into this. Sorry about the inconvenience!

• 3 months later...

Is there a way for me to ignore the status update posts of a ignored user? (the replys don't show up but I keep seeing their status updates pop up on the main page)

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Is there something wrong with the search engine?

Yeah. There's a topic here but we don't have any answers still.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

How do you insert videos from YouTube into your status updates?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, this hasn't been tended to by any staff in a WHILE, has it? Let me answer some things to catch up:

On 10/31/2019 at 6:58 PM, DabigRG said:

Any reason the profile pics are circular now?

It was a design choice to make things more consistent with other social media platforms.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:38 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

How do you insert videos from YouTube into your status updates?

Simply copy the URL to the YouTube video and paste in your post and it should automatically appear.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:59 AM, Eggman Fan said:

Hey, can you explain how the reputation system works?

The content you post on the Sonic Stadium can be reacted to by other members of the community. If you post content that is considered entertaining / good quality, other members may give you a 'thumbs up' or other kind of reaction. Most of these reactions also +1 to your reputation count - it's meant to indicate the level of trust the rest of the community has in you. Not all reactions increase your rep though. The more reputation you get, the higher up the reputation ranks you go.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:02 AM, Eggman Fan said:

Can you delete topics?

On 6/11/2023 at 6:10 AM, SticksSuperFan14 said:

I second that notion.

Sorry, but deleting topics is a moderator and administrator-exclusive feature for various reasons. If you want to have a topic you created deleted, please reach out to a member of the Moderation team about it.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to res an old thread. I am a little lost on the permissions per level system we have here. I understand it's to weed out repetitive and sometimes jumbled junk topics. However, the system isn't exactly made clear to new users.

The system as far as I figured out is based on how many posts you make and reactions to the posts influence your "points" to level up but for the life of me I can not find a road map of level(s) to permission(s).

As I joined to be part of the community but also contribute to the wiki and throw in a few interesting topics that come to mind. Yet I've been left completely confused. 

Is there a roadmap of what level gives what permissions?

Yes of course, apologies for the confusion on this @TangleTangerine- I have intentionally been a little obtuse on this because I didn't want people with ill intent to come along, skip past the newbie stage, and then cause havoc. But I am learning that this is counter-intuitive for genuine new users who want to become a part of the community, and may get turned off.

I've recently revised the newbie phase to simply require a user's first ten posts to be approved before they are promoted to the regular membership tier. From there, all kinds of posting and editing is unlocked for you. It used to be, 15 approved posts + a reputation count of 25 (and rep increases whenever another user gives your content a positive Reaction - a thumbs up, for example), but I found that this was too restrictive and kept good users arbitrarily too long in the newbie phase. I'm happy to tweak things further as we go, I'm always learning! :)

But it seems that you're still not in the regular membership group even though you have over 10 posts to your name. So let me manually fix that for you now as well. You should be good to go from here!

• Thumbs Up 2

• This topic was locked and unpinned