Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

Well, a bigger problem.

All this <p>, &nsmp coding keeps appearing when I edit a post and sometimes some getText error comes up and I have to re-edit the post to takes those codes away.

Also, some pasting lag when we post so yeah...

I thought the quote thingy only happened on my tablet. On a happy note, not sure about other forums, but SSMB seems to work better now with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10!

Another IPB upgrade and we waited for its revised version so it wouldn't cock up this time.

A few small things did and Bmn is looking into this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I was trying to access SSMB from my phone a couple days ago and the reply box was all messed up. I guess that explains it.

On the subject of the quote boxes, their background is white for me, which means I cannot see the text unless I highlight it. I'm using Internet Explorer, if it helps.

On the subject of the quote boxes, their background is white for me, which means I cannot see the text unless I highlight it. I'm using Internet Explorer, if it helps.

Test.

EDIT: Yup, white text on white background on Firefox as well. Very hard to read.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

Yeah I have to agree, the white background in quotes makes the white text really hard to read.

On another note, I keep getting a IE clipboard access prompt everytime I want to paste text in a (initially-)unused textbox, it's kinda annoying IMO.

If I try and post two you-tube video links in one post, then neither works (the videos do not appear on the thread). The video does appear if I only link one you-tube video. I had this problem with my recent posts in the 'Sonic for Hire' topic.

Also, my signature picture won't show up, and I can't view my most recent status update from my profile.

Edited by Silent Nightwing

On another note, I keep getting a IE clipboard access prompt everytime I want to paste text in a (initially-)unused textbox, it's kinda annoying IMO.

That's probably IE's fault, not the forums'. There's probably an option in IE's settings to disable clipboard access prompts. Or better yet, use a good browser like Chrome or Firefox :P

I'm not seeing the birthday list..I heard there were 7 birthdays today :/

Edit: Okay, it's back

Edited by Christmas NiGHTS

• 2 weeks later...

My laptop is displaying SSMB slightly differently compared to my PC and PS3. I need to know how to fix it.

I hope my descriptions make sense.

On my laptop, the little chaos emeralds that normally appear with the Home, News, Games menus at the top of the SSMB page, are not showing.

I can't paste an image into a post of mine (which I can do just fine on my PC and PS3).

When I go to edit one of my posts, it goes straight to the 'additional editing' mode, instead of normal editing mode.

When I am making a post, the menu that you normally get at the top on the post (where you can paste, add a spoiler box etc) is not showing.

On the Sonic Stadium home page where it normally shows the six or seven most recent articles in small windows horizontially across the top of the page, instead it shows the small windows vertically. I can only see the first article before it disappears, as the small articles disappear behind the full size articles.

I don't understand why my laptop is showing these differences when my PS3 and PC shows everything correctly.

Please help.

Edited by Robin John Blake

I think the answer might be your web browser. Which one do you use? Mozilla Firefox? Google Chrome? If you are running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have not made any web browser choices, you should be running Internet Explorer. If so, and you are running the most recent version, then to the right, next to where you type in the website address at the top of the window, there should be an icon of a piece of paper that is torn apart from the middle. Click on it once (while browsing the SSMB) to toggle compability mode and see if that fixes it for you. You could also try to install another web browser, which is the type of program that is used to browse the Web with. It is also important to verify that it is up-to-date and is not an old version, both for security and compability with websites.

Though I do not actually have a clue what is going on, here is at least something to try. Hopefully someone else here can answer this better than me. Good luck, though!

• Thumbs Up 1

I clicked on the icon which looks like a torn piece of paper, and it's seems to have fixed everything.

Thanks for the help Diz.

• 4 weeks later...

When I try and edit the 'about me page' on my profile and then save the changes made, it doesn't update. Even if I add and remove images and text, when I save it, it still shows exactly as it was before.

Has anyone else got this problem?

Edited by Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 2

When I try and edit the 'about me page' on my profile and then save the changes made, it doesn't update. Even if I add and remove images and text, when I save it, it still shows exactly as it was before.

Has anyone else got this problem?

I'm having the same problem too. I keep changing my profile, then cilcking "Finish & Save', and it's the exact same as before.

I tested this on my profile, and I have the same problem as those above me. I click the "Finish and Save" button, and the window fades away (unnaturally fast, actually. It doesn't feel like anything actually happened). And then I go to my profile, and the "About me" page hasn't changed at all.

I'm also suffering from quoting (and other tags like spoilers) problems.

And yes, I looked at this thread and cleared my cache as it was told by the staff but the issue remains.

This is how one of my posts looked before editing:

NVAiiHo.png

Edited post:

MShJnma.png

I'm using Chrome and Windows 7 BTW.

Test of the quoting thingy: 

If you're seeing issues related to style, try doing a hard refresh or clear your cache, as your browser may be using out of date CSS. The quote style should be fixed at this point.

Issues such as "Array" as member names, and missing templates, in IP.Board was due to that skin being out of sync with the forum backend code. The skin has been replaced and all members on the old IP.Board kicked off.

IP.Board Mobile also has minor issues. I'll fix it once I'm not loaded with cold.

I'm so confused right now, seems to work just fine here XD (but it didn't after my first edit)

Edited by gato

I've found temporarily turning off WYSIWYG in the top left corner and doing everything by hand for troublesome/complex posts gets around a lot of the problems that have popped up since the way the forum handles quotes was changed. It's not a fix, but it will get you what you need posted.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've found temporarily turning off WYSIWYG in the top left corner and doing everything by hand for troublesome/complex posts gets around a lot of the problems that have popped up since the way the forum handles quotes was changed. It's not a fix, but it will get you what you need posted.

Just quoting this to test if I got things right.

EDIT: it works! Thanks! o/

Edited by gato