Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

I think the age limit was something that was only enforced prior to the 2009 server wipe.  I think these days, being at least 13 is recommended, but no longer required.  Don't take my word for that, though.

The 13 year age requirement is due to extreme restrictions put in place by United States federal law for children under 13 providing private information to join internet sites that effectively amounts to a de facto ban on children under 13 joining. And while it technically only applies to the United States, many ISPs for international sites (including TSS', presumably) tend to err on the side of caution and require similar restrictions. That is why almost every website with a membership system has a birthday entry form.

That doesn't mean that (since TSS is a British-based website) it is as strictly enforced here as it would be on an American site, however.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should make another topic about it but I feel like this may end up becoming a private matter. But anyways, I recently made a topic about Banner Issues and I can't access it at all.

rachelcantgetin_zps244d38a2.png

Screenshot for reference. Is it a glitch or did I do something wrong?

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I get the following error when trying to view
»You do not have enough posts to view topics in this forum.«
What is the number of posts required to view that forum?

Hi there, I get the following error when trying to view

»You do not have enough posts to view topics in this forum.«

What is the number of posts required to view that forum?

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to get your post to not auto-display emoticons?  I notice that lower-case b followed by a close bracket produces a sunglasses-wearing emoticon, and I don't want it to.  I'm not even sure why it should; if a "B" represents sunglasses, surely a "b" is more like an eyepatch?

Aha, thank you.  I'm used to other forum software where that option is located somewhere else.

How do you rename a topic you started?

Edit the very first post in your topic and it should give you the option. ^.^

Excuse me for not reading through 14 pages...but when do I get to post in the SSMB marketplace section?

Excuse me for not reading through 14 pages...but when do I get to post in the SSMB marketplace section?

Minimum requirement for the SSMB Marketplace is 25 posts.  If not 50.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the announcement of the Heartbleed bug a couple of days ago, which prompted me to change my password here - and this may or may not be a coincidence - I've noticed that I'm getting logged out of SSMB a lot, despite having signed in with the "Remember me" option.  After some testing, I've determined that it happens every time I close my browser - but not when I simply close SSMB, or when I clear my web history, cache, and offline website data without closing my browser.  Note that I am also not clearing my cookies or logins, and the logouts are not happening with any other sites I'm logged into.  Any thoughts?

Since the announcement of the Heartbleed bug a couple of days ago, which prompted me to change my password here - and this may or may not be a coincidence - I've noticed that I'm getting logged out of SSMB a lot, despite having signed in with the "Remember me" option.  After some testing, I've determined that it happens every time I close my browser - but not when I simply close SSMB, or when I clear my web history, cache, and offline website data without closing my browser.  Note that I am also not clearing my cookies or logins, and the logouts are not happening with any other sites I'm logged into.  Any thoughts?

I'm having the same issue. I changed my password because it was the same password I'm using elsewhere (The Heartbleed bug happened to get me thinking about security), but now SSMB won't stay logged in.

Just to note that I'm no longer getting the above mentioned problem.  Is it a coincidence that I am now using a completely different computer?  Who knows.

• 1 year later...

I have two questions. 

How do you put up a YouTube video? (Like the actual video, not the link) 

How do you put spoilers in your post? 

The answers to both of these are probably really obvious, but I don't know how to do either. 

Thank you! 

I have two questions. 

How do you put up a YouTube video? (Like the actual video, not the link) 

How do you put spoilers in your post? 

The answers to both of these are probably really obvious, but I don't know how to do either. 

Thank you! 

To embed a video, copy and paste the Share URL into the place you want it to be inserted.  Not to be confused with the URL that is seen in your browser.  Should look like this.

14pgZwf.png

Note that if you have a lot of video URL's in your post, then it might not work.  Otherwise, it should come out like this-

To put a spoiler in your post, use the BBcode below.

[spoiler]
Text here.
[/spoiler]

Hope that helps! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Note that if you have a lot of video URL's in your post, then it might not work.

Super late, but to this point, the embed limit is 5 videos.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

This may come off as dumb, but how do you change your signature? I swear I feel like I've gone through every setting on my profile to see if there was any way to change it.

Unless I'm missing something I'd like to know if it's possible.

This may come off as dumb, but how do you change your signature? I swear I feel like I've gone through every setting on my profile to see if there was any way to change it.

Unless I'm missing something I'd like to know if it's possible.

Click your name at the top right, Account Settings -> Signature.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not your fault.  It really should be under the Edit Profile section, since pretty much every web service I've ever seen associates "Account Settings" strictly with personal information such as email and passwords, not publicly displayed items like signatures.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can I delink my account from FB but while still save my posts & settings?

As far as I'm aware, delinking an account from FaceBook only prevents you from logging in with and auto-sharing to FaceBook.  It doesn't delete anything.

Edited by Spooky Scary Skeletaras