Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

Great feature by the way. Really useful for the 30 days topic for example where I'd want to go back and see my past posts for reference. So thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, so I'll ask it anyways:

Why is it that you can't see the rep you've gained on a post? Not sure if the posts I make just don't get +repped, or if you just can't see it period. Seems a little odd if it's the latter, since you can see the names of the people who have +repped others posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to be mean, but it is probably the former. I can see rep on my posts no problem, outside the occasional glitch.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just liked that post above. Never had a problem with that before. Is it showing for you or not?

So recently, I tried to check out what theme I was using.

Sonical. Ok, it is outdated so what option do I have. Nu Sonical, right? Nope, Ip.Board is the only other option and it looks ugly. I kind of prefer the blue theme.

How do I get to the supported Nu Sonical version if it isn't showing up?

Did something happen to the mobile theme? (we used to have one right?)

In the last few days I got a phone with internet and tried to access to the boards, I can, but I always load the Sonical theme and I can't access to some parts of the forum (like the login screen) with this theme... And there is no choice to switch to mobile (or is IP the "mobile" theme?)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I can't change themes unless I log in, which I can't do from my cellphone. (for some reason)

Edited by gato

Q: How do I change the emblem in my profile?

A: Click on your username at the top right of SSMB, then edit settings in the drop down box.

At the bottom will be an area called 'title screen' You can now set a new title name as well as upload an image to it seperate from your avatar.

Side note: Shortly after this feature was enabled, there was a bug which meant you were able to invade another users profile... And it was great.

bestbugever1.jpg

bestbugever.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

Did something happen to the mobile theme? (we used to have one right?)

In the last few days I got a phone with internet and tried to access to the boards, I can, but I always load the Sonical theme and I can't access to some parts of the forum (like the login screen) with this theme... And there is no choice to switch to mobile (or is IP the "mobile" theme?)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I can't change themes unless I log in, which I can't do from my cellphone. (for some reason)

I had actually come here to ask the exact same question.

I know for sure that we used to have a mobile theme, however I just can't seem to be able to access it anymore on my phone. It's one that I liked better because it was smaller and much more convenient as opposed to the large website that takes longer to load because of all the features it has and stuff. I've tried clearing my cache and using different browsers, but nothing seems to work, and it used to take me there by default on my phone. I also can't switch it to the mobile theme like I used to be able to do because of the option being gone now under "Change Theme."

I have a question myself. I can't log in from my mobile phone, is this intentional, or is it just me?

I had actually come here to ask the exact same question.

I know for sure that we used to have a mobile theme, however I just can't seem to be able to access it anymore on my phone. It's one that I liked better because it was smaller and much more convenient as opposed to the large website that takes longer to load because of all the features it has and stuff. I've tried clearing my cache and using different browsers, but nothing seems to work, and it used to take me there by default on my phone. I also can't switch it to the mobile theme like I used to be able to do because of the option being gone now under "Change Theme."

Oh, I had that problem. I just deleted all of my browsing history, and it seemed to work.

I have a question myself. I can't log in from my mobile phone, is this intentional, or is it just me?

Oh, I had that problem. I just deleted all of my browsing history, and it seemed to work.

I did that as well. I deleted the cache, history, cookie data, form data, and even passwords, and still nothing.

Okay, I solved my problem with the mobile theme.

For some reason my current browser (Dolphin HD) wasn't displaying the mobile version, so I tried with Opera Little and now it works! (and oddly, Opera can't open the mobile version of Google docs while Dolphin can)

Sadly, the mobile theme is seriously lacking some features, I'm not asking for all the features Sonical has but a "last page" button or the choice to select what page in a thread I want to load would be nice, because otherwise it becomes impossible to visit threads that go (let's say) beyond 200 pages and the only thing you have is a "next" and "previous" button, D:

Any way of adding this features in the mobile theme?

• 4 weeks later...

how come I can't post in the store section of this forum? And how long till I am not locked out of a certain post? new member.

Edited by E123Timay

how come I can't post in the store section of this forum? And how long till I am not locked out of a certain post? new member.

Well, you need a certain number of posts, but joining the community for the sole purpose of going into the store section is kinda looked down upon.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

hnnngh.png

this keeps happening to me in the status updates. Is it because I use Chrome? I've noticed Chrome users seem to have a lot of problems here.

Edited by Imperial Brony

I'm unable to access the IP.Board skin. Why is this?

I swapped to Sonical so I could see if there were any April Fools jokes, and found I was unable to swap back.

It's a bug. Just ask bmn and he'll manually swap ya back.

Edited by Cola

• 3 weeks later...

The GIF in my sig isn't working. it just stays on the last frame.

I tried re-entering the url with the image code, and it still didn't work.

The Pokemon one you have right now? It loops for me.

Edited by Tornado