Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

The 30 Days of Videogaming topic. Can it be restickied? I use it for a handy reference since a lot of times things come up that are similar to things talked about in that thread and I put a lot of thought into many of the posts I made in it.

Edited by Gilda

That's weird, didn't realize it wasn't pinned anymore since I frequently revisit it.

Pinned it back up seeing how it still holds a good deal of archival value much like the SSMB 100.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but is there a way to block new members from making new topic until they hit a certain amount of posts or has been an active member for a little while? I like many am very tired of seeing the same old topics (SA3, can sonic make a return, why does everyone hate sonic, SILVER THE FUCKING HEDGEHOG) show up right after a new member has joined.

There have been user post requirements for certain board features before (though not for a good while now), but I'm not sure whether things are "bad" enough at the moment that it is necessary.

I suspect it's not really a problem with new members alone so much as it's the fact that everything has been discussed anyway, and some new people just get excited and want to start threads and stuff without really reading the rules. I don't think it'd be fair to completely stop that as it'd be a bit offputting and geared towards older members, though we have that 15 posts or however many before being able to post in the Marketplace, but I find that justified as people can't just join purely to sell shit or they'll be found out very quickly. A postcount limit to stop people from creating threads would cause those people who really really really want to make a thread to spam to get there. And then get banned or some such.

It's an annoying thing about overeager newbies tbh, most of the time they mellow down pretty quickly. It's certainly not here alone, but what the staff do is what they want to do, so I'm not sure why I'm responding really, I could have done with more sleep...

Edited by Semi-colon e

I think new members should have to have their threads previewed by a mod before it becomes visible for the public, if it gets approved. There isn't a high amount of them anyways and would probably not be that much work for them anyways. It would cutdown on spam like those 3 threads we got last night.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

How do you get pictures in signatures/ posts?

Use these tags... URL goes here%7Boption%7D

Only place the one with the / in it after the one without. Otherwise it won't work.

Or when you're making a post, there should be a small picture icon just below the smilie face, click on that, then enter the url for the image.

Hm, I really can't imagine how, but my whole "About Me" page just dissapeared.

Any possibilities why?

It says the General Jazwares Toy Topic (in the SSMB Market Place section) is locked, but that can't be because I see new posts there all the time. Is it locked for certain users, because I can't reply to the topic. That single topic is actually the reason why I joined, so it would stink if I couldn't post there. Please help!

It says the General Jazwares Toy Topic (in the SSMB Market Place section) is locked, but that can't be because I see new posts there all the time. Is it locked for certain users, because I can't reply to the topic. That single topic is actually the reason why I joined, so it would stink if I couldn't post there. Please help!

It should only be locked if you're not a member. All members are open to post in all unlocked topics.

According to the stickied rules thread in that forum, you need to be an active member of SSMB for at least 1 week and have at least 15 posts to use the Marketplace.

According to the stickied rules thread in that forum, you need to be an active member of SSMB for at least 1 week and have at least 15 posts to use the Marketplace.

Oh, Ok. I could do the fifteen posts thing, but What do you mean by an active member in the market place for a week?

Oh, Ok. I could do the fifteen posts thing, but What do you mean by an active member in the market place for a week?

I think it just means you have to have an account on SSMB (this forum) for a week. i.e. a week old account.

I believe the idea of the rule is to discourage users from joining with the the sole intent of posting in the marketplace. It means that you have to be an active member on the SSMB for at least a week.

Indeed, you have to have 15 posts and be a member for a week before you're able to use the Marketplace. This is to discourage people who register for the sole reason of publicizing their products. It's not that we don't consider the Marketplace a draw for a lot of members to discuss and banter, but more often than not you get members who only register on a forum to sell a product they have up to grabs on their eBay page and that's pretty much advertising, which is something we don't really condone here.

Indeed, you have to have 15 posts and be a member for a week before you're able to use the Marketplace. This is to discourage people who register for the sole reason of publicizing their products. It's not that we don't consider the Marketplace a draw for a lot of members to discuss and banter, but more often than not you get members who only register on a forum to sell a product they have up to grabs on their eBay page and that's pretty much advertising, which is something we don't really condone here.

Oh ok, I understand, thanks. I just want to let you guys know I don't actually want to sell anything I'd just like to discuss the Sonic Figures. Thanks for your help guys!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem with threads. I can only access the first page of any thread I go to. When I try to go to a different page it redirects me to the first page. EDIT: for some reason, posting this fixed it.

EDIT 2: Having a new problem. When I go to someone's profile to check the comments on their status update, it says something like "Sorry, documentation of this could not be found" or something.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Elf

Alright, quoting Solkia's post above makes it look weird and stuff, so that's one problem I had.

Solkia, the first problem was happening for everyone for quite a while when bmn was updating the software.