Awoo.

Frequently Asked Questions

bmn

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not? I'm having trouble receiving notifications. I use safari. I cleaned out my old notifications and cleared my caches and still not getting any through via email or on here. I've checked my settings and every box is checked.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not? I'm having trouble receiving notifications. I use safari. I cleaned out my old notifications and cleared my caches and still not getting any through via email or on here. I've checked my settings and every box is checked.

Are you sure you're supposed to be getting any notifications? Maybe you aren't seeing any because there's nothing to notify you about. If you're certain that notifications should be coming in (for example, this post quoting yours should generate one if you've ticked all the boxes), then try another browser and see if you have the same issue. Also, you can go to the notification center and click "view all notifications"; the browser might be incompatible with the inline notification center but the page that lists your notifications should work fine, and that should tell you whether the issue lies in the board not generating notifications, or if it's your browser not displaying them in the top bar (I assume you've already done this though since you say you've cleared out your old notifications).

But when I think about it more, a browser issue shouldn't cause you not to receive notifications via email. Anyway, check the "view all notifications" link and see if the board is actually generating them when it should.

If you've got it set to send emails, it should be sending emails even if you were using Netscape Navigator as your browser. This is gonna sound silly, but are you sure your email address is accurate, and/or that you don't have a spam detector blocking emails?

Are you sure you're supposed to be getting any notifications? Maybe you aren't seeing any because there's nothing to notify you about. If you're certain that notifications should be coming in (for example, this post quoting yours should generate one if you've ticked all the boxes), then try another browser and see if you have the same issue. Also, you can go to the notification center and click "view all notifications"; the browser might be incompatible with the inline notification center but the page that lists your notifications should work fine, and that should tell you whether the issue lies in the board not generating notifications, or if it's your browser not displaying them in the top bar (I assume you've already done this though since you say you've cleared out your old notifications).

But when I think about it more, a browser issue shouldn't cause you not to receive notifications via email. Anyway, check the "view all notifications" link and see if the board is actually generating them when it should.

It was posts that i had made that i weren't receiving notifications. I had to check every now and then for replies, not sure if that was due to member just leaving messages and thats something that you don't get, but in my settings i had all but 2 boxes ticked 

Notification method to use for followed topics daily/weekly digests     Notification method to use for followed forums daily/weekly digests

which i've since done so every box is ticked. It seems to be working now. I received both notifying that you had replied so it looks like it was just a case of misunderstanding the settings >.< Thanks for your help though :)

If you've got it set to send emails, it should be sending emails even if you were using Netscape Navigator as your browser. This is gonna sound silly, but are you sure your email address is accurate, and/or that you don't have a spam detector blocking emails?

Nope, email is correct. It seems to be working now. I think it was a case of misunderstanding the settings >.< Thanks for your help anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I've asked this before, but how do you post a youtube video? I don't mean clicking on a link, I mean actually viewing the video in a post. Can someone please help me out?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've asked this before, but how do you post a youtube video? I don't mean clicking on a link, I mean actually viewing the video in a post. Can someone please help me out?

Either paste the "youtu.be" short link, or put any YouTube link in tags:

[youtube]*put your link here*[/youtube]

Only the first 2 videos in any post will be embedded. The others will appear as links instead.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

The About Me section in profiles. How in the fuck do you change it?

The About Me section in profiles. How in the fuck do you change it?

Go to your profile

Edit My Profile button

And the "edit My about me page" button is just under "Friends" and over the option to change your member title.

Where would be the correct section to create a thread on how to texture hack Sonic Adventure 2?

Like a tutorial thing?

Yes, I wanna list everything someone might need or want to use and a step by step tutorial of how to edit files.(also a couple of picture to demonstrate some results and an obligatory link to the textures resource)

As long as nothing your posting is against the law or anything, the best place to post would be in the regular Sonic Discussion forum. After you get it done, if you PM a moderator it can be added to the

As long as nothing your posting is against the law or anything, the best place to post would be in the regular Sonic Discussion forum. After you get it done, if you PM a moderator it can be added to the

Well, the game doesn't utilize any form of steam security or anti cheat on the PC version, so it's all good.

How do you resize images to fit within the signature size requirements. Trying to work Hawkeye Initiative in my profile.

I don't think the forum itself has any resizing functionality; at best, it allows you to crop an uploaded photo for your avatar. You'd have to do it yourself in an art program.

• 2 weeks later...

Are spoiler'd images downloaded and played (if they're animated) by a user's browser, or are they only loaded upon expansion? Spoiler tagging large images saves screen area, but does it save usage/CPU? No particular reason I'm asking this, just general curiosity I guess.

EDIT: Also I have another question that I've been wondering about for months. Why does the default avatar (For members without a custom avatar) keep switching between the Sonic silhouette one and that grey piece of shit? It seems random, sometimes it's the Sonic one and sometimes it's the grey one. 

Edited by Frogging101

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I don't know if it was already asked, but how do I add a picture to my post, can I add one from my computer?

Hey, I don't know if it was already asked, but how do I add a picture to my post, can I add one from my computer?

You'll have to upload it to an image host such as PhotoBucket, ImageShack, or Imgur first.  Then just copy the URL, click the "Image" button (looks like a photograph) and paste the URL in the box then click "OK."  Or, if you're like me and prefer to use a code, use this as a template.

[img]image url here[/img]

Replace "image URL here" with the actual image URL, of course.  So for example, if I wanted to embed a sophisticated portrait of a highly-admired historical figure, I would put in this code:

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IZeGMyicPRw/TuwwBckiArI/AAAAAAAAADM/y-fUratRTeU/s499/SonicIdiot14.gif[/img]

Which should come out like this:

SonicIdiot14.gif

Hope that helps.

EDIT - Alternatively, there's an attachment method, but I'm not sure how well that works or if non-staff members are allowed to use it.  I've never tried.

Edited by Akito
  • Thumbs Up 1

Say, how do I embed SoundCloud/Bandcamp players on my signature?

That is, just html/wordpress code really. It'll be pretty troublesome to update my signature every time I upload a new track that I want to share...

Unfortunately, not possible.

Well, it is possible, but it'd require giving members enough privs to cause potentially huge security issues.