Awoo.

Drop Dead x Sonic the Hedgehog

Cortez

image.jpg

This is important.

Olly Sykes of Bring me the Horizon's clothing brand 'Drop Dead' announces this morning that it's collaborating with Sonic the Hedgehog to celebrate the 25th anniversary. The collection will be available to order from 12pm today.

I love Drop Dead, the clothes and accessories they make are amazing and so much more in your face cool than anything you would ever find on the high street. Their Itchy and Scratchy collection was one of the best things I've ever seen clothing wise and the Gremlins collection was just as good. Colour me excited for this.

They've done a SEGA collaboration before featuring Golden Axe and Ecco clothes so to wake up to this today was a pleasant surprise.

I'll post pictures of the collection here when it's revealed at noon.

• Thumbs Up 2

The collection is out, and it looks awesome. There's also some Sonic/Mega Drive style music playing on the homepage that I don't recognise one way or the other, but it sounds really cool.

Also, what is Steel City Zone? Everything else is meaningful and references something from the classic games, but "Steel City S3" is confusing me. Am I missing something? EDIT: Yep, I was missing something. It's obviously just referencing Sheffield itself.

27282083493_255a69fca8.jpg

And I don't remember Zone 6, "Launch Rise Zone", in S3K.

27282290664_d1c792f4c6.jpg

Still though, it's a sexy looking collection and I'm very tempted to splurge on one or two pieces

• Thumbs Up 2

They all look so sad. They've truly captured what it means to be a Sonic fan.

I like the S&K sweater and the intro design was cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yo man this is some cool ass shit, I am so getting some of this stuff, easily the best Sonic clothing I've ever see-

*looks at prices*

* £100.00 jacket = $141 US DOLLARS*

071.gif

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Love it. Like others have said some of the best Sonic clothing that's ever been released.

I want it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Were those Power Sneakers actually in stock at any point? I'm amazed they sold so quickly. Still looks like they're getting more in, always next time!

Right... I was at the Sheffield launch.

Let's get the big thing out of the way. The slippers were NOT in stock. They were nowhere to be seen in the shop, I doubt they're ready yet.

Anyway.

It's fucking beautiful!  The clothing and accessories are utterly amazing quality and the detail is amazing. 

Took tons of photos and bought a bag for myself. Girlfriend bought tons too.

Oh yeah. They held a Sonic 2 Speedrun contest... And I only went and won it!

Hey, the music is suddenly different.

Edit: And downloading it gave me the album art and I found out where it's from. From a guy called Joker Kapsize: 

• Thumbs Up 8

So, since I was in the area I decided to pop along to DropDead's London store in the afternoon to see if they'd decorated the store as much as their website. Their window display pretty much answered this straightaway as a "yes":

ES5nXLd.jpg

Went in, and literally all of the stock there was just this Sonic collection. Admittedly some of it did look nice, but for me it was all a bit pricey IMO (£35 for a T-Shirt? Yeah... no). They had a massive screen at the back of the shop made up of several flatscreen tellys, and for most of the time I was down there those screens were flashing between sprites of sonic and tails, rings, old-style logos and various other bits and bobs. I tried to get a good picture of this, but all I could manage was this:

JKDQ0UH.jpg

So yeah, I was about to leave the shop when this suddenly happened:

PCreqJw.jpg

Yes, this did bring a tear to my eye. Bloody beautiful. There was also some other art lying around here and there plus the Sonic 2 speedrun thing Hog mentioned (except I didn't know it was a speedrun thing at the time, since the store was practically empty), but other than that I think I've covered everything. I did get a pic of this nice art though, which completely captures the aesthetic of the 90's stuff. Good work lads, good work.

EDIT: Imgur link in case you want bigger images.

• Thumbs Up 9

I just remembered the drop dead clothing and when I saw the power sneakers were out of stock I actually shouted in annoyance haha glad they aren't available yet. I've ordered one of the dream team hoodies :)

The power sneakers are available. Only a few pairs of each left. Got mine ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just grabbed a pair too! I've been really excited about these ever since the image of the original versions started floating around years back. It's amazing that they're finally available!

I'm surprised they only seemed to have a few pairs of each size on the first day though. I only just managed to get one of the 9-10 sizes when there were just two available.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a size 10/11 so didn't know what size to get. Got an 11/12. Better being too big than too small! I too have been waiting for these. The closest thing to official sonic footwear we have got so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Stasis said:

I'm a size 10/11 so didn't know what size to get got a 11/12. Better being too big than too small! I too have been waiting for these. The closet thing to official sonic footwear we have got so far.

Thanks! You just saved me a huge headache!

Managed to get a pair for me and my girlfriend! Hooray!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was not expecting this to come with all the love and  attention it has been given. The hoodie is amazing quality and worth every penny! I can't wait for the sneakers now.

33a5fkp.jpg

2dm6xd2.jpg18j48g.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Got an email about half an hour ago saying that the slippers have dispatched! With tracked postage too which is an unexpected bonus!

OozX1_f-maxage-0.gif

9 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Oh hello.

CmHYUYKWAAEy919.jpg

CmHYVZNWkAAPJvv.jpg

Yes. Yes they are.

Your shoes turned up amazingly (but not unfittingly) fast! 

Just in case I'm out when my own delivery turns up, did they come in a bag or a box?

1 minute ago, Joy said:

Just in case I'm out when my own delivery turns up, did they come in a bag or a box?

That would spoil the surprise. For the shoes have a nice secret extra. Or should that be extras.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was not expecting this to come with all the love and  attention it has been given. The hoodie is amazing quality and worth every penny! I can't wait for the sneakers now.

33a5fkp.jpg

2dm6xd2.jpg18j48g.jpg

Quick question on your hoodie. Did you get a small or medium? Is just that for me it's always a tossed up between the sizes. Sometimes the medium is too big and sometimes the small is too small.

7 hours ago, El Driver said:

Quick question on your hoodie. Did you get a small or medium? Is just that for me it's always a tossed up between the sizes. Sometimes the medium is too big and sometimes the small is too small.

Based on the clothes I've got, Drop Deads stuff tends to be slightly larger than the label suggests.

Same with the shoes too, my feet are somewhere around a 10.5-11 depending where I go. The slippers I got were 11-12's and whilst I can fit in them and walk around no problem, there's still a good few inches of space left in them.

Can say the same for the tops and hoodies too, it seems that they're slightly larger than the label says. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, El Driver said:

As Hog said, the sizes are slightly larger than the size specified. The hoodie is a large, and while my other large hoodies fit just right, this one is slightly baggy. I can't recall if my others were when i first got them, but clothes have a habit of shrinking in the wash and so i think the extra inch or two will help compensate for that.

Just now, Joy said:

Got an email about half an hour ago saying that the slippers have dispatched! With tracked postage too which is an unexpected bonus!

OozX1_f-maxage-0.gif

I wish I'd paid the extra and had next day delivery :( 

• Thumbs Up 1