Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2016 Style Guide "Eggman just wants attention"

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

There's nothing amazing in it, though there is one interesting thing about Eggman, apparently he's really just after attention and would consider an invite to Sonic's sleep over as a real victory.

Well...I guess it's in-character for Boom Eggman. And a huge hint towards what Sega wants from Sonic nowadays. It's a little sad, both in-universe and out.

They really are doing a different take with Eggman in Boom. I just thought he sucked slightly more, but if this is the case, maybe he's not really the big bad after all...

Could they be going for an Ice King dynamic here (minus the mental health issues)?

Damn, these gorgeous renders just make me wish this was more action oriented and better animated, instead we got The Looney Tunes Show done wrong with a hint of Lunatics Unleashed. That Metal Sonic episode shifted its tone from Seinfeld to Superman-vs-Zod way too abruptly, all for some cheap haphazard fan $ervice.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Auto said:

Damn, these gorgeous renders just make me wish this was more action oriented and better animated, instead we got The Looney Tunes Show done wrong with a hint of Lunatics Unleashed. That Metal Sonic episode shifted its tone from Seinfeld to Superman-vs-Zod way too abruptly, all for some cheap haphazard fan $ervice.

I have... so many problems... with Boom. So, so, so many problems. The first few episodes were alright but the show devolved into irritating sitcom territory before too long.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, hold on, all Eggman wants is attention and all Sonic and co. needs to do to get him to stop having him being a nuisance is to just hang out with him.

Which makes Sonic and co. douchebags.

Good Christ, I hate Sonic Boom.

Remember this is the same Eggman that would build a doomsday device and risk causing the end of the world to rub his ego against Dave.

He may want attention but he's still a bad guy.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

So, hold on, all Eggman wants is attention and all Sonic and co. needs to do to get him to stop having him being a nuisance is to just hang out with him.

Which makes Sonic and co. douchebags.

Good Christ, I hate Sonic Boom.

Except Eggman is constantly trying to fuck with Sonic & friends in Boom, which kinda justifies them not liking him. He wants attention, but he's still evil.

Personally, I see zero problem with this. As people mentioned before, Eggman in the games & comics was always a show-off who constantly loves to be praised for his genius, so Boom boiling it down to the most simplest manner possible, is not a bad idea imo.

32 minutes ago, D.H said:

Except Eggman is constantly trying to fuck with Sonic & friends in Boom, which kinda justifies them not liking him. He wants attention, but he's still evil.

Personally, I see zero problem with this. As people mentioned before, Eggman in the games & comics was always a show-off who constantly loves to be praised for his genius, so Boom boiling it down to the most simplest manner possible, is not a bad idea imo.

On top of that, Sonic and friends are friendly toward Eggman. Sonic let Eggman crash at his house, he protected him from a rogue Cowbot, and he even let him win a dance competition to boost Eggman's self-esteem when he got really depressed on New Year's Eve. Tails appreciated and even followed Eggman's romantic advice. Amy and Eggman became "fuzzy puppy buddies" when they bonded over a shared hobby.

Sonic and his friends have a very "friendly enemy" relationship with Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

On top of that, Sonic and friends are friendly toward Eggman. Sonic let Eggman crash at his house, he protected him from a rogue Cowbot, and he even let him win a dance competition to boost Eggman's self-esteem when he got really depressed on New Year's Eve. Tails appreciated and even followed Eggman's romantic advice. Amy and Eggman became "fuzzy puppy buddies" when they bonded over a shared hobby.

Sonic and his friends have a very "friendly enemy" relationship with Eggman.

True, but Sonic did let Eggman stay over begrudgingly. So yeah, even though Sonic & friends fight Eggman constantly, there are moments in the show where they do show kindness towards Eggman.

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool seeing new graphics and designs for stationary, clothes, and whatnot,  I really wish we were getting it for the main series, thesemight be just "examples of how the brand might be used"  but we've definitely been getting a lot more Sonic Boom merch than the amount of normal Sonic' merch we've been getting for a while now,  don't even think the amount of merch blew up like this with Generations. It's possibly because of demographics, that is kids tend to clamoring for toys and backbacks etc, while adults covet first4figures statues and stuff that was produced back in the 90s, I did think that there was plenty of kids to want that stuff, but maybe the fanbase is more heavily populated by adults than I thought.

At least we've gotten some nice trinkets from Han Cholo and there's gotta be some stuff with the next Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was stated in the Chronicles journal when you begin chapter 7 that Eggster got friendly with Tails. Then he betrays the team. Who knows? Maybe he will save Tails in the next game xD