Awoo.

Where is this song from? PLEASE HELP

HotFudge

Hi all! I'm turning to you for help. Over a decade ago I used to visit a website called sonichq (probably .net). Its home page had a dark green background. A song would play automatically when the home page was opened. I used to visit it frequently just to listen to the song. Now the site isn't the same and the song isn't there. I am willing to bet it was a Sonic song, or at least a song from a video game, so I decided to post here.

I tried playing it on the piano and recording it for y'all. Please don't mind my recording, it's far from perfected but it should do for recognition purposes.

If anyone recognizes it and/or can guide me to the actual song, I would be FOREVER INDEBTED TO YOU. You could even be my best friend. We'll work out the details.

Anyway, thanks so much if you take the time out to listen (only a minute long). These "where can I find this song from my past" situations are everything to me.

SoundCloud link: 

New Recording 21.m4a

Edited by HotFudge

Could you possibly upload it to a site like box.com or something similar? I'm sure you're a cool dude, I'd just rather not download files from people I don't know. That said I'm of course willing to try to help out, but I think in general you'll get a lot more willing to listen if you upload it somewhere instead of having people download

Hmm... This is the probably site that you may referring. I download the file, but I don't recognize. Probably don't are from Sonic Series, but some Sonic musics was passed in my head, are some similar to that?

10 minutes ago, Galabance said:

I believe that this is a cover of Dust Man's theme from Mega Man 4.

I am speechless. This is it. This is my song!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even tell you how much I've longed to hear it again and how long ago it was since I've last heard it. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH GALABANCE!!!! :D:D:D  

I've edited the original post with a soundcloud upload if anyone still wants to hear my slightly awkward piano version :lol:

1 hour ago, Tracer said:

Could you possibly upload it to a site like box.com or something similar? I'm sure you're a cool dude, I'd just rather not download files from people I don't know. That said I'm of course willing to try to help out, but I think in general you'll get a lot more willing to listen if you upload it somewhere instead of having people download

Used SoundCloud. Thanks :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

No problem! I'm actually surprised you were able to get it as accurate as you did in your piano rendition after that long since hearing it.

Glad my knowledge of video game OSTs was able to help!

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Sorisuto (ソリスト) said:

Hmm... This is the probably site that you may referring. I download the file, but I don't recognize. Probably don't are from Sonic Series, but some Sonic musics was passed in my head, are some similar to that?

Thank you for your efforts!

13 minutes ago, Galabance said:

No problem! I'm actually surprised you were able to get it as accurate as you did in your piano rendition after that long since hearing it.

Glad my knowledge of video game OSTs was able to help!

Haha. Music tends to stay pent up in my head. I also did listen to it a bunch.

Are you big on gaming music?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, HotFudge said:

Are you big on gaming music?

I kind of am, I definitely recognize a fair bit of game music when I hear it (plus I almost always like to put on video game OSTs in the background when I'm doing work too lmao)

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Galabance said:

I kind of am, I definitely recognize a fair bit of game music when I hear it (plus I almost always like to put on video game OSTs in the background when I'm doing work too lmao)

Same haha. Well your recognition skills helped a fella out big time today ;)

• Thumbs Up 1