Awoo.

Major Terrorist Incident at Istanbul Airport

Badnik Mechanic

Breaking story.

At least 3 suicide bombers have detonated devices at Istanbul airport, death toll is at least 20 confirmed, some sites reporting 50+.

Reports also indicate that at least one of the bombers was armed and fired at passengers in the terminal before detonating his device. 

Obviously not going to include images or vids at this time, but there is CCTV out already showing the bombs going off from inside the terminal so be careful if you decide to search.

BBC safe for work link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36658187

Edit: Some verified video on twitter actually shows the terrorist running through the airport shooting at people, he's shot at, falls to the ground, then a moment later detonates his device. Horrific.

3 now? Was there a gap between the attacks?

The reports just an hour ago were all talking about 1 bomber with 10 dead... those poor people probably thought it was over, only for two more bombers to come in.... it's like September 11th's second plane all over again.

I'm sad to see that attacks like this are becoming more and more frequent. As a resident of New York City, I remember the panic and chaos the day of September 11th 15 years ago. The idea that sort of panic is becoming more common across the Western world these last few years... it's terrifying.

My condolences to the victims' families.

Good god, this is just more chaos after another. This is like the third or fourth airport attack in a row.

I'm beginning to think the future isn't gonna look very bright for a long while, because this is definitely going to lead to a lot of hardline measures to be put in place like what happened after 9/11 here in the states.

And given how close Turkey is to the hotspots going on in the middle east, they might justifiably take even harsher measures to prevent this. Nevermind how this will rattle the bees nest even more given the previous attacks.

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Actions of 3 lunatics does not equal the entire human race.

Why's there always that one guy who has to say shit like this in response to hyperbolic reactions to devastating news? What, does it give you a fucking raise or some shit? Anyway, I was already having a shit afternoon, then this news comes up. It's been what, four or so weeks since the club attack? I'm starting to become afraid to go outside, what's up with security these days??

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Auto said:

Why's there always that one guy who has to say shit like this in response to hyperbolic reactions to devastating news? What, does it give you a fucking raise or some shit? 

Maybe because...like you said it's a hyperbolic reaction and so it is an untrue and unfair response?  

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

3 now? Was there a gap between the attacks?

Not sure, sources I'm reading said '3 explosions' so I'm assuming it is 3 bombers.

7 minutes ago, ShroomZ said:

Maybe because...like you said it's a hyperbolic reaction and so it is an untrue and unfair response?  

"If you hate everything, does that mean you hate yourself?"

11 minutes ago, Auto said:

Why's there always that one guy who has to say shit like this in response to hyperbolic reactions to devastating news? What, does it give you a fucking raise or some shit? Anyway, I was already having a shit afternoon, then this news comes up. It's been what, four or so weeks since the club attack? I'm starting to become afraid to go outside, what's up with security these days??

Sorry if I don't like being painted with the same brush as these criminals, but if the actions of a handful of people now paint the entire human race is now a thing, if you enjoy that, go right ahead.

Hide inside the cave, don't go outside, ignore the outpouring of grief and love across the world which followed the Orlando attacks, stay inside the cave. 

Have a wonderful life.

Just now, Detective Hogfather said:

Sorry if I don't like being painted with the same brush as these criminals.

That's not the point he was framing, it was a generalization of how shitty people can be

2 minutes ago, Auto said:

"If you hate everything, does that mean you hate yourself?"

Okay, poor wording on my part, but I know you certainly know what I mean. Hyperbolic sayings are not necessarily wrong but in this case that's sorta a ridiculous thing to defend, honestly. 

1 minute ago, Auto said:

That's not the point he was framing, it was a generalization of how shitty people can be

Oh that's what it was, right gotcha.

Still if you're actually seriously afraid to leave your house, maybe you should stay out of this topic, or was that a ludicrous generalisation too?

Also of course people don't ignore the positive helpful responses to when this shit happens, but when it happens, people say exaggerated shit like "fuck everything" to extremely vent about how awful it is. Why the hell do I have to explain that?

5 minutes ago, Auto said:

Also of course people don't ignore the positive helpful responses to when this shit happens, but when it happens, people say exaggerated shit like "fuck everything" to extremely vent about how awful it is. Why the hell do I have to explain that?

Wait, hold on, but I thought your first comment was talking about how you were getting exasperated at how Hogfather was saying that you can't put the all the blame on the human race because of a few and you were saying that someone always says that in response to hyperbolic freaking outs. Now you're saying that you are angry about the exaggerated responses. I'm honestly not following. 

If you were talking about how how people shouldn't say such hyperbolic things since the beginning, I apologize and actually agree with you. 

This is a sensitive topic by its nature. Emotions are likely to run high... but reading the exchanges above, let's try to keep discussion focused on the attacks and not on each other, please.

I'm sensing tension in this topic over simple wording, when the very nature of what happened here should be having us come together as one to condemn it and mourn the dead.

That being said, for the sake of the future...

18 minutes ago, Jango said:

FUCK. THIS. WORLD.

I understand this news is upsetting, but let's keep all posts on this topic contributory. As with any other discussion, a handful of words is generally not appropriate.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hm. I may be pointing out the obvious so I'm just gonna ramble if you don't mind.

So another terrorist attack at an airport and is related to planes. It seems to me this is a way of terrorists of trying to keep people in and out of other parts of the world. Yeah this could be a random act of violence and I'm overthinking things but it could be possible that they don't want any of us to connect with the rest of the world. If we can't do that we surprisingly don't have much we can do with other countries. It could also be possible that they don't want us going near them because they're afraid of us. I could be overthinking a lot about this though so take it with grain of salt. I don't think we should be intimidated by terrorists, we take risks every day and we should live without regrets. Don't let fear stop you from doing what makes you happy and you're stronger than any terrorist already.

I pray for the happiness of those whom had fallen today in the next life. I know these are dark times but we shouldn't forget the happy times we had with other people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Friends, there's a time and place to beat one another over the head over semantics but now isn't the time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Its like say a shark attack. they happen you can not let it scare you from swimming. If a sharks going to bite you its going to bite you. You can not stop the wheel of fate it sucks things like this keep happening by the exact same group and will continue to be the same group @.@ sigh

B-But I thought Turkey was hiding those people! 

Absolutely deplorable. ISIS just keeps getting stronger and stronger, and this attack will most likely help them if we keep using their attacks as scapegoats to be racist or xenophobic towards Muslims. If the same people who think Turkey has been hiding ISIS or helping them still honestly think they're doing it after this? They just have no common sense.

Death toll has climbed to 41, with more than 230 injured.

Still no one claiming responsibility, but most suspect ISIS given Turkey has been recently cracking down on ISIS' networks within the country.

Sorry guys, but I was hotheaded at that moment... seriously, a lot of things are happening and I just can't accept it. Mass shooting, terrorism, racism, corruption... Personally, I don't think our race has any salvation. Maybe a tenth generation in the future... is not like I'm blaming the entire human race. But we are certainly guilty for a lot of bad things that happened in the last century.

And this terrorists fuc*** are the cancer of our blue planet. Sorry if I'm being too strong with this analogy, but it's how I feel, honestly.