Awoo.

So urm... Did anyone enter Sega's super fan competition?

Badnik Mechanic

So remember when Sega Europe announced that there would be a competition to fly out a fan to San Diego for an all expenses paid trip to the 25th anniversary party? 

Well... here is the site for it, which should also show all the submissions. http://sonic25.hscampaigns.com/#submissions

Just one problem... there aren't any.

The site has absolutely no videos under either most recent or most shared, and the deadline has passed for new entries.

Even if I go to youtube and search for stuff like 25th competition and Sonic super fan competition, nothing shows up. 

Did anyone actually enter this?

• Thumbs Up 3

SEGA Europe screwing something up? No way!

Seriously though, it wouldn't surprise me. The way they hyped this up was dumb, particularly given it's restricted to 21+. That and there was no real promotion since the SEGA EU PR was literally on vacation right after it started. Welp. 

I have never before been so utterly convinced of humanity's complete laziness. :V Had it been an essay, they probably would have received numerous entries. But recording a short video? Too much work.

This really is surprising, though. I guess Summer of Sonic is just that legit that the entirety of Europe decided it wasn't worth taking a few minutes to get a shot at a free vacation. ...doubly so given the 25th Party is confirmed for having big news and all.

Excellent case study of group psychology and the prisoner's dilemma, though. Everyone feels their entry won't win, they don't enter... no entries at all.

goddamn it I'm beating myself over this

1 hour in premiere rambling about how I totally am the great sonic fan because I've bought crap on amazon or something

and it'd have won me a vacation on san diego

time extension pls

1 minute ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Everyone feels their entry won't win, they don't enter... no entries at all.

Here is why I didn't enter.

"I didn't think I'd win"

Longer answer. 

"I didn't think I'd win because the description more or less said what they were looking for which wasn't what I could bring to the table" Yeah I could write a story, it would be pretty good, but I know that if someone who is an amazing artist enters, everybody goes 'wow look at that' and suddenly my hard effort no longer looks good since it's so much easier to look at a picture than it is to spend time reading a story.

Yeah I could show a video of my Sonic collection, if I had time to get it all out and organise it. But again same issue, someone just has to put on a costume they made and once again, my entry suddenly doesn't look as good.

Basically, "Unless you were a really good artist, or had an amazing cosplay" it didn't feel like you had a chance.

One person entered: 

• Thumbs Up 1

let's hope lots of people entered and the system's just not displaying then

if only to stop me from cringing so hard at my own idiocy

Some of my friends on Facebook are telling me they had already submitted an entry. So it is most likely a case of the videos not turning up on the Page for whatever reason.

What I don't understand is why the US never gets anything awesome like this.

29 minutes ago, ヒーロー said:

You're getting the party!?

• Thumbs Up 4

30 minutes ago, ヒーロー said:

Even considering Summer of Sonic, I'd take the party and actually getting SEGA games over whatever the hell SEGA Europe does when they're not sniffing paint nowadays. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if i'm late to answer this, but I had a little chat with a certain someone some of you probably know and he told me and even showed me that he has an entry for the contest, however he didn't wanted me to show it to anyone else , he said that he needs to put the video on private and not reveal it until sega will allow it. did someone here who read all the rules saw something about  "don't reveal your video to the public until we say so"?

He also found a 16 year old who tried to enter the contest and put the video on public. The video is removed now, but I think that's due to the video's quality. The guy was mostly talking about how fun it would be to go to the party rather then why he is the biggest sonic fan and even hated on 06 and boom and literaly throw sonic boom rise of lyric in his trash while showing his games collection.

"Hey sega , I love sonic,  *throws their game in the trash* this video sure shows how much I love him "

Oh yeah, and he was wearing a mario shirt the whole time

Excuse me for making this any longer, but I just noticed that the submission dead line is due to end in about 2 and a half hours from now

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Most of us aint going so

So the statement about 'why doesn't America get this is still ludicrous.

31 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

So the statement about 'why doesn't America get this is still ludicrous.

Not at all considering a llot of people can't go for a myriad of reasons. Even if they do live in the same country., I don't know what your life is. Maybe you are a cool guy ceo or something, but that doesn't automatically afford people the time, money and means go to this thing. Or even if it may ever happen again.

So yeah, no to what you are saying. No

49 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Most of us aint going so

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Not at all considering a llot of people can't go for a myriad of reasons. Even if they do live in the same country., I don't know what your life is. Maybe you are a cool guy ceo or something, but that doesn't automatically afford people the time, money and means go to this thing. Or even if it may ever happen again.

The point is that SEGA of America is hosting an event, when someone had just finished saying we don't ever get anything. Whether you have a chance to attend isn't really here or there.

Just now, Zaysho said:

The point is that SEGA of America is hosting an event, when someone had just finished saying we don't ever get anything. Whether you have a chance to attend isn't really here or there.

The event doesn't mean anything if you don't get to go. It was a thing that happened where a sonic game got announced.Congrats.You could have done it at e3, unless I am actually attending this event, they could have strait up went the Nintendo route, and did a live stream. Having the " glorious privilege" of having an event I can't go to happen next to me, isn't a glorious privilege, it isn't much of anything..

22 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

"The US never gets anything."

*points out that the US is the country hosting the party*

"It doesn't count because I can't afford to go... and I'm not a ceo so I don't get time off work."

... ... ... lol.

Sorry but. How else is anyone supposed to react to this?

Sega are holding an event. For whatever reason that you're not giving you can't go. So that equates to Sega of America not doing something? I don't understand this at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

The event doesn't mean anything if you don't get to go. It was a thing that happened where a sonic game got announced.Congrats.You could have done it at e3, unless I am actually attending this event, they could have strait up went the Nintendo route, and did a live stream. Having the " glorious privilege" of having an event I can't go to happen next to me, isn't a glorious privilege, it isn't much of anything..

The point, you keep seeming to miss, is that you can't say SEGA of America never does anything for fans. This isn't about "privilege." They are hosting an event that many fans do get to attend and were able to purchase tickets. You being bitter over not being able to attend personally is irrelevant. I can't attend, and that sucks for me, but that doesn't change the fact that SEGA of America created an opportunity for fans in the country at all.

And, besides, I'd be surprised if they didn't livestream, especially if news is supposed to be coming out of this event.

4 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

"The US never gets anything."

*points out that the US is the country hosting the party*

"It doesn't count because I can't afford to go... and I'm not a ceo so I don't get time off work."

... ... ... lol.

To which then I explained if most people can't go to it why should they care about anything other than the sonic announcement. They didn't get a cool thing , that didn't happen to them, this party is irrelevant to their lives.

They might get a sonic announcement, and even at this point they aren't even guaranteed that's even cool.at this point

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

To which then I explained if most people can't go to it why should they care about anything other than the sonic announcement. They didn't get a cool thing , that didn't happen to them, this party is irrelevant to their lives.

They might get a sonic announcement, and even at this point they aren't even guaranteed that's even cool.at this point

... is this a joke post?

Welcome to real life. Sometimes you can't go to things.

How does Sega hosting a party you cant attend mean that Sega of America never does anything?

9 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

The point, you keep seeming to miss, is that you can't say SEGA of America never does anything for fans. This isn't about "privilege." They are hosting an event that many fans do get to attend and were able to purchase tickets.

You being bitter over not being able to attend personally is irrelevant. I can't attend, and that sucks for me, but that doesn't change the fact that SEGA of America created an opportunity for fans in the country at all.

And, besides, I'd be surprised if they didn't livestream, especially if news is supposed to be coming out of this event.

My point you keep seeming to miss is that, the benefit of the party is going to the party, if I can't go to the party, The party didn't happen for me. So I dunno wishing there was a contest that allows me to say go to a party I can't afford to go to... is a totally reasonable thing that everyone does all the time. Which is what the original post was about the poster wishing there was a contest that allowed them to go the party.

" Oh i'm so glad there was  a party "

I didn't go the party , I don't care. I wish SOA did cool stuff like invite me to party. Which is a reasonable thing to wish. Allowing more poeple who can't to participate in these events. Because if i'm not there, the fuck should I care about this party?

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

, I don't care. I wish SOA did cool stuff like invite me to party.

Lol what the fuck!?

They DID invite you to a party! Anyone and everyone was able to buy a ticket to go!

You not being able to go doesn't mean they didn't invite you or didnt do anything for you!