Awoo.

So urm... Did anyone enter Sega's super fan competition?

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

My point you keep seeming to miss is that, the benefit of the party is going to the party, if I can't go to the party, The party didn't happen for me. So I dunno wishing there was a contest that allows me to say go to a party I can't afford to go to... is a totally reasonable thing that everyone does all the time. Which is what the original post was about the poster wishing there was a contest that allowed them to go the party.

" Oh i'm so glad there was  a party "

I didn't go the party , I don't care. I wish SOA did cool stuff like invite me to party. Which is a reasonable thing to wish.

You couldn't afford to go? Oh well, neither could I. You wish SoA had a contest so you could win a free trip? That sounds awesome, actually, but alas, that isn't so.

That doesn't actually change the fact that SEGA of America are actually doing something for their fans in the first place. You not being able to attend or not caring that it's happening because you can't go is not SEGA's problem. This isn't hard.

In any case, this derail is going on long enough, so let's just drop this.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

In any case, this derail is going on long enough, so let's just drop this.

Sure, that's fair. I will drop this. Sorry for wasting your time.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Soni said:

Wasn't it said that the party will be live streamed or something?

Yes, SoA has historically hired an outside company to stream Sonic Boom, and as far as I know they'll be doing the same with this event.

(personally we like being able to do our own thing at SoS, but it'd be nice to have an A/V company that understands that a house mix isn't suitable for a digital recording, for once...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I entered. But it would seem either their website is broken and the entries didnt actually get sent to appear, or they are all awaiting moderation. Highly probable since the Sega Europe team have been on the DL since E3.

My video was really just me showing my collection and explaining things like the things in my life i've done that show im super fan (name changes, wedding theme, tattoos etc). Plus a bit of lulling in a park with a sonic plush. I'm not creative (lol) so i just went for a more honest approach. I do actually believe I'm a Europe Sonic Super Fan, so why not try to show them that in a honest way?

I agree with Hogfather, I can't play a guitar or draw, so that will probably go against me :unsure:. I will cross my fingers though, it would be a dream come true type of thing!

• Thumbs Up 2

Err, for what it's worth, I actually entered the contest.
Received no news yet, tough they still have today.
Hope I don't win the Summer of Sonic tickets, I already have one and my friends who want to go as well.
But San Diego, heck yeah. Always wanted to visit California. Need some fricking Summer sun since it's just grey and miserable here.

I'm pretty sure nobody entered this because nobody freaking new, like wf? There are plenty of Sonic fans that make content on the regular, anyway somebody would have been willing to have at least given this a shot because they wouldn't even particularly have to go out their way, fan content is just what some people do.

Edit: My bad. People did enter. I should read stuff.

Nope, and it's now been 3 full days since the winners should have been anounced, and nothing.
(Digs into the Terms and Conditions section)

" At Sponsor’s sole discretion, if an inadequate number of entries or entries of inadequate quality are received, Sponsor reserves the right to not determine any entries as winners or to determine any number of winners fewer than eleven (11). "

I can only assume that that's what happened. Either less then 11 people joined, or we were of inadequete quality.
Well, this competition is a bust.

1 hour ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Nope, and it's now been 3 full days since the winners should have been anounced, and nothing.
(Digs into the Terms and Conditions section)

" At Sponsor’s sole discretion, if an inadequate number of entries or entries of inadequate quality are received, Sponsor reserves the right to not determine any entries as winners or to determine any number of winners fewer than eleven (11). "

I can only assume that that's what happened. Either less then 11 people joined, or we were of inadequete quality.
Well, this competition is a bust.

They will need to address it. Also looking into the T&Cs, they have 3 days to pick the winner. However, they would take an ADDITIONAL 2 working days to contact potential winners. So in theory by the end of tomorrow people in the running will know if they are.

I hope so, I mean even I hear SOMEONE has got an email so I know I just didnt make the cut, work are getting techy regarding whether I want the time off or not lol. At least if there was clue one way or another I would know what to do! lol. I will cross my fingers for everyone in the thread who has entered, we all should make the the cut, we are awesome sauce! ^_^

I am going to put this down to the fact Sega Europe has TOO many entries and it's hard to make a decision because they are all so good! Let's be positive! I have faith in our Dan!

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems the competition outcome has gotten lost in the same room where all the games Sega of Europe still needs to localise are hidden.
Sorry Hogfather, seems none of us will be picking up your Golden Sonic Hello Kitty plush. Even if one of us wins, there's precious little time left to ask a day off from work and get a Travel Visa.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tonight should be a new episode of Sega Central, I would guess if it isn't announced by 6PM (GMT) tonight, it isn't happening at all.

I know there were issues last week due to Dan being stranded in Europe due to a flight cancellation but... yeah.

Not going to spoil their announcement.

But somebody did indeed win this.

Well he already said it on Twitter that he won and he included the official SEGA Europe account so it's not much of a spoiler anymore.

Congrats Jay, now you can join Aaron in telling @SSF1991 to shut up live at the party!

Now, this is so gonna happen at the party now, if it doesn't I'll drink mustard and do cheesy parkour video and/or music video.

• Thumbs Up 1