Awoo.

How Sonic relates to and inspires what you do in your everyday life

Klinsy

Unless we're working on Star Ocean: Till The End Of Times rules, life is not a video game, and even if it was, it's barely anything like Sonic The Hedgehog, but we can use Sonic to make our own real lives better.

So, what do you see in Sonic that you can relate to you in the real world or inspired you to make your life better?

Ooh, and try not to fill this topic with stuff like "Sonic taught me how to be disappointed", I want this to be a positive topic

I got a case of both:

I love Big The Cat, he proves that laid back doesn't mean lazy and stupid, Big is decently intelligent and has a hobby that requires a lot of work, but he's still as mellow as ever, so, I used him to say "Hey, I can be chill too and there is nothing wrong with that."

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm actually not too sure what I relate to in Sonic. None of the characters are at all close to me. I suppose it the music that really lifts me up and inspires, especially His World and It Doesn't Matter.

I swear I recall a topic that was similar in concept but meh whatever, my memory isn't that great anyway.

I still have a strong passion for the series, while I wasn't a fan when 06 was a thing but I managed through the Rise of Lyric fallout and while I can't defend the game as good, it's definitely decently designed but buggy and mediocre. I guess in a meta sense, Sonic taught me to not let the bad times get the better of you and this is something that can be said for right now.

I've been consistently depressed for the past couple of weeks, there was fallouts I had amongst friends and I feel like no one doesn't want me around anymore. But eventually, it will get better. It's just a matter of when. Probably will still be down in the coming days but I will pick myself soon.

I could say a lot of things about what the franchise has done for me but I feel I should use this one since it's the most relevant to me.

Sonic barely does impact my life these days. At best, I do love rewatching Game Grumps play his games because they're some of their most hilarious playthroughs to date and it usually cheers me up. Otherwise there's barely anything Sonic related to my life, unless you count me frequenting SSMB all the time. I found better characters to relate to and while I do think Sonic's music is good, its all far from my favorite stuff. But I don't want sound like a downer as Pinky said, I'm just stating the present after all.

There was a time where I was naive and I really did love Sonic. I think we all did but I guess I should really just mention how it went down for me. Sonic for me back then really inspired me to draw more and actually made me pursue art for a good couple of years. I'd like to think I was good but I just couldn't keep up with these newer standards that I did go nowhere ultimately but I digress. I really liked drawing all these characters to the point where I was good at it, though I think I just got really good at cartoon anatomy at that point. And yes I did take some of Sonic's songs at heart too so yeah. I will say though Shadow was definitely my favorite and he impacted me the most; I think that's where I got my "bad boy rebel without a cause" attitude from. Shadow was pretty cool and I wanted emulate that but atlas I probably looked stupid.

But the biggest thing Sonic has really done for me was be the bases for my characters. All of them (Cept 1) were all originally Sonic recolors I made for a sprite comic I wanted to make which didn't go anywhere since I didn't know how to get it started. But over the years I evolved them into totality different characters that they don't even resemble their old selves, other than keeping a color scheme at least. I'm so glad they had at least came so far to the point where I do want to do something serious with them and make the next best thing around.

So yeah. Sonic has inspired me to the past and if he didn't I wouldn't be here like I would be. Who knows how different I would be if I never did get into Sonic but hey here's to that blue rodent who brought us all here. Cheers.

Spnic got me into speedrunning and that improved a few people's lives, including mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe the sonic series kind of instigated quite a lot of good things in my life.

Most is a little more indirect, Sonic as a character is a part of what introduced me to break, and to a lesser extent capoeira. I aspire to Sonic's ability to let go of the past, accept transience, act instantaneously and stand up for what he believes in, even if that sounds corny as hell :B

I've also been inspired to draw.

The Sonic series largely inspired me to join Second Life to contact other Sonic fans and see their virtual stuff. Then the SL Sonic community had pretty much emigrated to Mobius Grid and took me with it.

SecondLife and Mobius Grid got me interested in 3D modelling and texturing. The modelling, of course, was also pretty Sonic-inspired, and I've been making simple shapes like rings, chaos emeralds and whatnot. I 'm kinda wanting to keep the identities separate for now though.

I've tried to get into other stuff but it just doesn't happen, I rarely have it in me to replay a game if it's not Sonic, and characters never really seem to mean the same kind of things to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't intend to let a video game franchise or its characters influence my life or goals. But it sounds fun.

Edit: Maybe when I was younger around a period when I was a bit more naive but I don't recall this ever happening to me