Awoo.

Super Smash Bros Flash 2

KHCast

Yeah, surprise, this thing is still receiving updates and news, and is STILL in the beta phase lol. 

super-smash-flash-2-v08.jpg

So yeah, since news for Smash Wii U/3DS has essentially died, and there's only a rumor of an NX port atm, I thought we'd take some time to focus on this little gem of a fan-game. 

Essentially, Super Smash Flash is a flash version of Smash Bros. That's essentially it. Combos, character stats, etc, are all present. It's not as content filled as you'd guess, but it's very addictive and fast paced. The first flash game was pretty simple, and quite barebones, but gained enough of a following to warrant a sequel, and boy did the sequel improve on the first! It feels just as filled if not moreso than some official entries in the series imo.(looking at Smash 3ds and 64) The game has been in development for years, like since the time of Brawl years, but blogs keeping fans up to date with the development are constantly released, and demos of the beta are released as additions and tweaks are made. 

Speaking of additions, the game adds a ton of newcomers to the fray, and of course sees many vets returning. Some of the newcomers that are included in the game include Chibi-Robo, Black Mage, Sora, Bomberman, and...GOKU, yeah if you were pissed Goku wasn't considered for the Sm4sh ballet, well, there ya go. (Still no Rayman though D,:) The game has many returning fan favorite stages as well as tons of new and original ones to also keep the game fresh.

Events, training, games, and online are all featured as well, though online is still being tweaked and fixed, though when the final version of the game goes up, that's supposed to be fixed completely. At the moment though, you could compare it to Brawls online...yeah.

As I mentioned before, the game is receiving updates, and in those updates, NEW CHARACTERS(well, kinda). So who so far is confirmed to show up?

latest?cb=20160529083918latest?cb=20151229084306

maxresdefault.jpg

[IMG]

pac-man-splash.png

[IMG]

maxresdefault.jpg

There's 36 characters at the moment confirmed, but more are set to be included. Personally hoping for Toon Link, Wolf and Wii Fit Trainer, but I'm not expecting anyone with how good they've done with content as is. The extra confirmed characters are just a bonus. And it's impressive that some characters are being updated to be more like their Sm4sh incarnations. Props to the devs! So what are your thoughts on the game?

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried it the first time, it's pretty interesting! I'm still getting used to the controls though... I played as Sonic and got rekt big time in one of those CPU matches. I need to practise more...

I believe it supports controllers btw if keyboard isn't your thing. I played it with my PS3 controller once.

Some gifs and pics of the game in action

RIP Kirby, 1992-2016

The King approves.

pit.png

betaScreenshot2.jpgLuigi is excited to be here.

latest?cb=20131209121235

Very disappointed with the out come of this game, i recall following it in its early stages, there was gonna be a ton of more fun stuff, and then they just went and canned all of it just to copypaste everything from brawl.

If i wanted to play brawl I would have turned on my wii and did it myself.

Not seeing the Brawl in this tbh. Seems more like a hybrid of 4 and Melee. The speed, combos, core gameplay as of now resembles those games way more. As for the content, seems pretty packed for a fan game still. And the beta when it releases is supposed to add a few more modes.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty surprised to know that a fan game like this has an online mode, though I can't say how good or bad it is considering I haven't really tried it.

Though it is cool that its been getting more polish from the version I last played (and saw their direct that showcased their new Peach sprites), but personally prefer Smash 4 and Melee's attack sounds these days as opposed to Brawl's,.

I'm guessing they'll update the sounds when the beta hits so everyone has their 4 sound effects.(unless they weren't in Smash 4) 

• 1 year later...

it remains my favorite game that I've ever played on a computer. The character roster for this game is highly unconventional. In fact, it shows that the creator is an avid fan of anime, with characters like Naruto, Goku, and Ichigo, as well as some Final Fantasy characters. However, this is not without the old Nintendo characters like Mario, Link, Peach, Wario, Yoshi, Pikachu, Kirby, Ness, Donkey Kong, and Fox. I just decided to go right along with the roster and found that I enjoyed having the strange characters in there. In fact, I've played as a few of them at least once, and one of them, Lloyd, is probably my second-best character in the entire game. I usually play this game on https://www.freegames66.com/super-smash-flash-2 and many other games too. On top of this there are many new games that are updated daily, quite interesting

• 7 months later...

*big bump*

Some new characters are being added to this game still!(Rayman is one of them) Wow lol amazed at how this game is still getting updates. I still need to complete the missions and unlock the characters already there lol

• 3 years later...

This game has come such a long way. With all the mods and side projects by other fans updating this game. Wild. We got fucking Amy now in this? Let’s go. This games roster for a fangame is pretty impressive. It’s giving me rivals of Aether vibes tbh, in a good way 

• Thumbs Up 1