Awoo.

Mod requests for Sonic Generations

Kokoro

Does anyone around here mod the game Sonic Generations? There's some new level remakes I would love to see through mods, such as Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and more levels from that game in general.

21 minutes ago, Kokoro said:

Does anyone around here mod the game Sonic Generations? There's some new level remakes I would love to see through mods, such as Hydrocity Zone from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and more levels from that game in general.

Making original stages for Generations takes a MASSIVE amount of time and effort for one person, or even a small group.  Literally no-one is going to take your request unless it's something they already decided they wanted to work on for themselves (in which case they've likely already started) or you're gonna pay them a wage to work on it (which could very well be illegal since they're working with software that isn't theirs I have no idea lol).

Like I want to say "you're not going to have much luck" but stage design is just so not a simple or easy process I can honestly say I believe you will have no luck whatsoever with this.  You're asking people to dedicate likely 100 hours+ of work here for a request, if you're expecting anything on par with the official levels or hell, even the better existing fan-levels (Mystic Cave, Emerald Coast, Sky Troops etc).

Either search around for people already making the levels you want (if they are) and support/encourage those projects or dive in and try to learn how to create content for the game yourself.

• Thumbs Up 5

43 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Making original stages for Generations takes a MASSIVE amount of time and effort for one person, or even a small group.  Literally no-one is going to take your request unless it's something they already decided they wanted to work on for themselves (in which case they've likely already started) or you're gonna pay them a wage to work on it (which could very well be illegal since they're working with software that isn't theirs I have no idea lol).

Like I want to say "you're not going to have much luck" but stage design is just so not a simple or easy process I can honestly say I believe you will have no luck whatsoever with this.  You're asking people to dedicate likely 100 hours+ of work here for a request, if you're expecting anything on par with the official levels or hell, even the better existing fan-levels (Mystic Cave, Emerald Coast, Sky Troops etc).

Either search around for people already making the levels you want (if they are) and support/encourage those projects or dive in and try to learn how to create content for the game yourself.

Yeah, I understand that creating level mods take a lot of time. I'm just throwing some suggestions out there. Also, I have heard that someone was working on a mod for some Sonic 3 & Knuckles levels already, but it's been a long time since the last update.

For perspective, Modern Sonic levels in Generations tend to be literally miles in length. It's a lot to ask of a guy to make a level that large when it can typically be finished in ~5 minutes, let alone to bugtest it and actually make it interesting to play. This is before we get into the fact that it's a game we don't even have the source code for, therefore our tools for editing it are relatively limited - unlike say, Sonic GDK, which was made from scratch in Unreal Engine 3. There's a lot of obstacles to making decent levels, to the point where simply throwing out level titles in the vain hopes that somebody converts them is being kind of needy and entitled, to be frank.

In any case, you'd be better off looking around places like Sonic Retro - they pride themselves on taking Sonic games apart, and if they don't have it, they'll know where to find it.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is probably the best thread to ask but does anyone know what happened to Melponterations? The remix for Ice Cap Zone both acts was pretty sweet. It's been a few years though and only Sky Troops was released. It's reasonable to assume the project has been dropped?

• 9 months later...

Probably a bad idea to bump up this old thread but it'd be the best place to get this idea I just had off my chest. Seriously, it's awesome. Just wait.

Kay, here goes~

Isle Delfino Stage Mod.

Start off, in 3D running through the streets of Delfino Plaza. Wall jumping to reach the top of buildings followed by a large leap from the Shine Gate in to a 2D platforming and grinding section in Rico Harbor. Grinding the scaffolding and construction until you reach the Helicoptor pad that then lifts you above and dropping you into Bianco Hills. Back to 3D where you speed through the hills, jumping over the wall and eventually on top of the big Wind Mill's roof that proceeds to collapse sending you down with the goal ring at the bottom. BAM! ...or we could go BIGGER with a bounce pad that rockets you to other parts of the isle! Maybe a water running section to Pianta Park? Idk! My imagination is running wild with this idea and I haven't the skills or know-how to make it happen.. but posting this here may spark a flame in any existing modders? Maybe bring them out of a hiatus? Suffering Modders Block?! <- Check it. Your next big idea. Right here. You're welcome. B]

Sounds like a fun idea, but we all have those. See JezMM's post above.

Nobody likes an "idea man", and nobody is going to do work like this for you. It's laborious, difficult and would take months, if not longer, to complete. Learn how to do these things yourself if you want to see your ideas come to life - start small, build up. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 months later...