Awoo.

Characters Sonic should be teamed up with in a future adventure

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I've been thinking about Sonic's future adventures and hopes that he will interact more with the others. I want him to be able to get the most out of his character and putting him on a adventure with another character has helped that, especially in Unleashed and Black Knight.

I would like to know, which characters in your opinion should Sonic go on a single adventure with in future games? 

For me; I want to see Sonic in a game with Shadow and another teamed with Knuckles. I think a Sonic and Shadow adventure would help both characters especially adding more to Shadow's past and Sonic helping him get through it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles and Shadow would be a perfect buddy cop movie scenario where they hate each other's guts abd they end up.... Hating each other less

• Thumbs Up 5

Full Speed: 

A sitcom where Sonic and Vector are roommates and get into a bunch of wacky adventures on a daily basis with a wacky cast. There's Knuckles, the paranoid mailman. There's Amy, their noisy next door neighbor. There's Tails, Sonic's wacky best friend who always gets up to hyjinks with his inventions,and Vector's silly get rich quick schemes. How will Sonic survive? *laugh track*

• Thumbs Up 4

I've always been thought a game with Sonic and The Chaotix would be cool, since they don't interact all that much and it would be sweet to see them all playing off each other through a whole game. Sonic would be the straight man here probably XP. 

And for the same reason as above, I think that a game where Sonic and Rouge interact more would be cool since they barely talk to each other in the first place and they seem like they get along well enough, but would probably one up each other like how Sonic and Knuckles do.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic is always with Blaze? What? The reason Tails is always around with Sonic is because he's Sonic's sidekick, he's going to be around 90% of the time, regardless. Tails' presence does not negate other characters from interacting with Sonic.

I would love a Sonic/Chaotix team-up. I think we'd get some really fun interactions there .

A Sonic & Rouge team-up would be really interesting. Sonic & Rouge are two totally different characters, and it'd be something different, since Sonic & Rouge rarely interacts in the games.

Lastly, I really don't know why we haven't gotten a game where Sonic & Amy team up yet. Amy is one of the main characters in the franchise, and it's not like she isn't capable of fighting.

• Thumbs Up 3

^ It would be cool if we got another game with Sonic and Blaze in it, though Sonic teaming up with the Chaotix would also be interesting!

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Azoo said:

Blaze has only been in a leading role with Sonic twice. That's not even near "always". In fact, give me another Sonic & Blaze adventure, please. Two's not enough, and we still haven't quite got an adventure where it's just them working together without Tails, Marine or Cream being a constantly intervening third party. :y

If not her though, I'd vote Knuckles or Vector; BUT tbh I'm fine with the series mostly sticking with Sonic & Tails since it's never really hurt telling a great plot before.

Being fair, Rush Adventure was more about a group effort between Sonic/Tails/Marine/Blaze. I mean IIRC, Blaze doesn't even appear until a quarter through, so even then I'd argue she was a bit more downplayed compared to Rush where she had an entire story arc based around learning to trust others, so I'd definitely be up for another team up game with more Blaze focus.

• Thumbs Up 5

Considering how many haven't had a chance to team up with Sonic at all, I'd put Blaze at the bottom of the list (outside the classic three allies). 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to agree with the others who are saying it's strange to say that Sonic always teams up with Blaze... That's just not true. And another game with the 2 teaming up would be fun if well done. And personally just give me a solo Blaze adventure that doesn't rely on Sonic at all and I'd be even happier.

Otherwise to stay true to the spirit of the topic... I'd vote Sonic teamed up with usual characters such as Sonic & Wave, or better yet... a rival team up with Metal-Sonic & Sonic.

4 hours ago, Azoo said:

Blaze has only been in a leading role with Sonic twice. That's not even near "always". In fact, give me another Sonic & Blaze adventure, please. Two's not enough, and we still haven't quite got an adventure where it's just them working together without Tails, Marine or Cream being a constantly intervening third party. y

ie we don't want little kids interrupting Sonic and Blaze's romantic adventure :P

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Azoo said:

Blaze has only been in a leading role with Sonic twice. That's not even near "always". In fact, give me another Sonic & Blaze adventure, please.

Twice isn't always but it sure as sunshine sounds like it's a decent number compared to the big fat goose egg some of the others haven't had. I'd hold off on making Sonic and Blaze's team ups reach three while some others remain at zero if that's the case.

Aside from a detective adventure with one of the Chaotix (because everyone knew I was going to say that) Sonic getting roped into to a theif escapade with Rouge the Bat sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. Omega sounds like it'd be strange as hell too actually. He seems like the one character Sonic's sarcasm and quips would bounce right off of. Like that one guy from Guardians of the Galaxy.

"Wow. That joke went right over your head."

"Nothing goes over my head. I would catch it. Do you wanna die?!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Give me Sonic Unleashed 2, where instead of a Werehog you have my boi Knucks, or give me death. 

A Sonic and Shadow game writes itself, which is sort of a problem actually - 'oh, you have the freewheeling goofball and then the overly serious businesslike grouch, wonder what they'll learn about each other?' - and it would not be high up my list.

I think Mik's reasoning was less 'I can't move for all these Sonic and Blaze games' and more 'Blaze is the only other sidekick who has been playable with Sonic more than once.'

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, ShroomZ said:

I've always been thought a game with Sonic and The Chaotix would be cool, since they don't interact all that much and it would be sweet to see them all playing off each other through a whole game. Sonic would be the straight man here probably XP. 

And for the same reason as above, I think that a game where Sonic and Rouge interact more would be cool since they barely talk to each other in the first place and they seem like they get along well enough, but would probably one up each other like how Sonic and Knuckles do.

I would like to see both of these. And in both scenarios I'd like to see Knuckles acting as like the middle man that brings them together since he's interacted the most with both.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Twice isn't always but it sure as sunshine sounds like it's a decent number compared to the big fat goose egg some of the others haven't had. I'd hold off on making Sonic and Blaze's team ups reach three while some others remain at zero if that's the case.

I really don't agree with the notion that every character should have a chance before they return to teamups that have been shown to have interesting chemistry.

Anyway, aside from Tails and Blaze, I wouldn't mind getting some &Knuckles going. I think there's a good enough mix of respect and rivalry between them to carry a game's worth of story.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

I really don't agree with the notion that every character should have a chance before they return to teamups that have been shown to have interesting chemistry.

Neither do I. Not every character should if they don't have interesting chemistry. However, I really don't agree with the notion that only Sonic and Blaze (or Sonic and Tails) should be given the chance to express that they may have good chemistry together.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nepenthe said:

I find this question hard to answer. Anyone should be able to participate in a plot with Sonic (no, not everyone at the same time, jfc). But instead of forcing plots around characters due to their pre-canned cliches and roles, I feel like Sonic Team should do the opposite and think up an idea for a plot and experiment in the writing stage with a few characters to see how they would react to the situations at hand, and to glean interesting scenarios and character development from that. I feel like half of the issue with how the characters have been in recent games is a result of simply trying to keep them to a confined role (ex. Amy in Heroes) versus trying to see where a character with existing traits would wander or react in any particular plot (Amy in SA1). So, without any real stories or plot ideas to base an answer on, it's hard to say who specifically "should" be teamed up with Sonic.

I don't think it's a matter of who should be teamed up with Sonic. For me it's just a matter of whether or not having Sonic team up with certain characters can breathe life into a specific tale in a way that hasn't been done before. There's no reason any one over there should have to force anything to allow it to happen. Just write good. 

I know writing good is hard for them but dialing back a conversation on possibilities for the franchise because they have trouble with story-telling would make it seem pointless to even ponder stuff like this. And hey, that's just no fun. 

I only made the semantic distinction between "should" because the topic is framed that way in the title. I agree that there's no actual obligation here on Sonic Team's part.

And it's definitely pointless to ponder stuff like this in lieu of how stories are being told. We need to get them to stop throwing Sonic and Tails into outer space or random dimensions.

To clear up somethings and I will fix the topic; I was asking which characters should Sonic go on a one on one adventure with in the future? Meaning we had one when he was with Chip and then we got Sonic in the Secret Rings and Black Knight where he was with one character the whole time. I want to see something like that.

1 hour ago, Mikyeong said:

To clear up somethings and I will fix the topic; I was asking which characters should Sonic go on a one on one adventure with in the future? Meaning we had one when he was with Chip and then we got Sonic in the Secret Rings and Black Knight where he was with one character the whole time. I want to see something like that.

I didn't think the way you worded it was that confusing. I mean, it also stands to reason that if some characters who haven't had their chance yet get their chance then characters who've been with Sonic twice before are going to miss out on their third chance, you know? Unless they do that SEGA thing of putting out six games in a two year time span.

55 minutes ago, Hyp3hat said:

I think Mik's reasoning was less 'I can't move for all these Sonic and Blaze games' and more 'Blaze is the only other sidekick who has been playable with Sonic more than once.'

Exactly. I said besides Blaze not because we see too much of her with Sonic. I said that because besides Tails, she's the only other character who gets their own adventure with Sonic even if it is just twice and was playable alongside him. 

Okay well in that case I'd actually like to see another adventure with Sonic and Tails together since Tails hasn't been playable alongside Sonic in years

Seriously. I don't give a shit about any other tag-along at this point; just get that fucking fox back into playable status for cripe's sake, Sega.

• Thumbs Up 5