Awoo.

The Nintendo Classic Mini, Official Plug and Play version of the NES. (Famicom Mini in Japan)

goku262002

53 minutes ago, Pawn said:

SNES Mini rumoured to be in development, surprising no-one.

I guess that would explain Nintendo pulling production of the NES Mini. They wouldn't want the scalpers' attention elsewhere, would they?

With all the bad press that Nintendo has been getting with the NES Mini I seriously wonder if a 'SNES Mini' will see the same level of success. When Nintendo keeps burning their casual fans like this eventually they'll stop buying Nintendo products. Deliberate supply chain problems, like the kind Nintendo is infamous for creating; don't generate hype they just make people unhappy.

Pretty much. The only way this crazy 'limited time only console' business model works is if Nintendo is secretly supplying the scalpers on eBay. I can't imagine that Nintendo's shareholders are happy about all the money they're leaving on the table.

It's called a limited run nostalgia product. Was never intended for long term production, and they already had produced more than planned additional production requires additional time resources they were never planned to continue these factories up and running producing this product forever eventually it was going in and this is probably already three more months and they plan they were gonna do a short Christmas production run is a fun limited appeal product product that they didn't think it's a lot later discovered there is a huge demand for today and Christmas but we never gonna last look at collectible card games for instance. You get a single run of the product and then it's gone you've got to remember the logistics of it all 

Nintendo should have known better that demand is high. They had a year and a half since the first amiibos went on sale to have it rammed into their thick skulls to learn demand will be high and produce more initially.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

That's pretty neat. I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise considering they use the same hardware, but that's a cool bit of homebrew still.