Awoo.

Nice Attack: Lorry Kills At Least 84 During Bastille Day Celebrations

Tani Coyote

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36800730

At least 84 people have been killed, including more than 10 children, after a lorry slammed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in the southern French city of Nice yesterday.

As a result of the attacks, the state of emergency in France that has been in place since the Paris attacks has been extended another 3 months.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks, but the perpetrator (who was shot and killed by police) has been identified as a French-Tunisian based on papers found in the lorry.

This is just terrible. It hasn't even been a month since the Istanbul airport bombing and we have seen yet another tragic loss of life, which many are speculating was Islamist in motivation.

As I speak, my timeline is blowing up with condemnation of Islam. I fear for Muslims and non-Muslims alike, as I worry increasing tensions is only going to make things worse.

My condolences to the victims. This is a horrible start to my day.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KHCast

• Tani Coyote

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, first it was like 40, then 70, now this many? I really hope it doesn't rise...people can truly be monsters. This is terrible. It's like a  monthly event at this rate to have some loon go out and kill groups of people. Like you said, it hasn't even been a month since the last massive attack, and just barely a month since Orlando. I can't take any more of this shit.