Awoo.

North American N64 DD found!

Klinsy

Ah, the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive, one of the greatest case of what could have been in gaming history, this thing would expand the capabilities of the N64,  many games were announced for it but due to many circumstances the thing bombed when it actually came out and most of said games were either canceled or converted into regular N64 games and thus it was only released in Japan, however, the existence of a  version made for markets outside of Japan have been hinted for a long time, however no solid evidence has shown up ... till now/

The above video shows a man who found a prototype version with a mysterious  blue disk, this is a pretty big find so there will probably be more as this develops.

• Thumbs Up 8

That's an amazing find!  The 64DD may have been a colossal failure, but it was nevertheless an interesting device that merits.

It's interesting that, judging by the video, the console was just about ready to actually be shipped out to the American market before it was ultimately canceled.  I just wish I could play with it for myself... observe the history first hand... I might be a dork.

• Thumbs Up 1