Awoo.

Zone Idea Station - Share your Sonic Level Ideas Here!

Popponic

Also I have another idea about a sonic TV series unrelated to Prime

SONIC CHARGE

7E650733-70D1-423E-9B18-F3CB1D9B5CD5.jpeg
There’s gonna be 2 seasons each with its own villain and conflict.

Season 1: Sonic has a different personality than his game counterpart, here he’s more new to the whole freedom fighting thing, also to note, Robotnik isn’t in this series. I know right. But there’s gonna be cameos in the background of the episodes were there’s a picture of robotnik, also in this timeline, robotnik is dead, sorry.

Also again, in the first episode, Sonics home is destroyed by Badniks and his parents are killed by the villain DR FINITEVUS from the comics, yeah I wanted to implement him in this because I thought he would be badass In this show.

Season 1: So, Sonic wants to fight against evil for his parents and the world, and he’s gonna need help too. Throughout episodes 1 to 5 he starts recruiting new friends to fight with him in the battle for Earth. Then he recruits Tails, Knuckles and Amy to fight with him. The villain in season 1 is Chaos. Then, Sonic and co. get new allies on their side including Rouge and Shadow, then at S1 E26 Finitevus builds a secret missile to destroy Station Square, and Sonic,Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow and Rouge try to stop it, They succeed and the day is saved by Sonic Heroes.

season 2 comes Later and happens right after s1....

Season 2:Sonic Heroes realize they are facing a new threat that Sonic has wanting to face for months, Dr finitevus. Now the gang have to start trying to find Fintevus and go defeat him before he takes over the world and possibly the universe. This season has a tiny bit of comedy to it that’s the first season. So, This season introduces The CHAOTIX, Mighty and Ray, Fang the Sniper, and Sticks the Badger.Final battle: So this is gonna be a tiny bit like endgame but here we go: So Sonic Heroes and CHAOTIX Mighty and Ray, Fang, Sticks, and Sonic as Super Sonic goes to defeat Fintevus, Meanwhile, Knuckles is figuring out a way to help by creating a portal with the Master Emerald to another dimension to trap Fintevus in, again we see Sonic Heroes fighting Fintevus forces, everything is going good while Fintevus creates a super dangerous beam that turns people into blocks of metal. In the final climax, Super Sonic and Super Shadow go in the portal to fight Fintevus and Super Sonic sacrifices himself to punch FINITEVUS in the portal, Then FINITEVUS gets vaporized in the portal and dies instantly. Sonic Heroes saves the day once again and part ways, Sonic and Tails watch the sunrise and enjoy it as long as they want now that no evil in station square is a foot, THE END.

• 2 months later...

I'd hate to bump this back up, but here is an idea of mine.

Alphabet Alley Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through a street with alphabet letters. This level contains all types of letters, from Hebrew to Latin letters (or English letters) to Greek letters to hieroglyphics to even Asian letters. These letters are everywhere, and make up the street Sonic and friends are on. The main focus is on the latin alphabet, and Sonic and friends will have to make use of the alphabet around here as they go to stop the evil Dr. Eggman and his schemes!

In this zone, there are many roads made out of the alphabet, of different types of alphabet. Sone alphabet roads move through the air in the wind. Sonic and friends can ride and run on these flying roads. There are also M letters that Sonic and friends can jump on to make them launch upward like a rocket. and there are giant O letters that roll around, sometimes chasing the heroes as they go along. There are also I letters Sonic and friends can push to launch themselves to other places in the level.

There are also r letters that act as hooks, and Sonic and friends can jump on them to be lifted to or be lowered to other areas. There are also spinning Ls and other letters the heroes can ride on, though they may be hard to stay on unless they jump consistently. The heroes also come across D letters that can be launched into the air with a spindash or a boost, making it so that they can be used to hit switches from afar. The heroes come across W or w letters that shoot off steam too, which can harm the heroes if they are hit by these puffs of steam. The heroes also come across T letters that can be stomped on the ground for various effects, like activating switches below.

So, what do you all think? 

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the idea, there's a lot of creativity in it and it's interesting how you used the shape of the letters to create gimmicks. The only downside I can see is that the zone would be one of those completely abstract ones such as "Dessert Ruins" from Lost World (the level made of floating sweets), and that type of levels are usually hard to fit in a Sonic game... but you can exploit it by saying it's set in a virtual world, a theme park, or something, that's not really a big issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Iko said:

I like the idea, there's a lot of creativity in it and it's interesting how you used the shape of the letters to create gimmicks. The only downside I can see is that the zone would be one of those completely abstract ones such as "Dessert Ruins" from Lost World (the level made of sweets floating), and that type of levels are usually hard to fit in a Sonic game... but you can exploit it by saying it's set in a virtual world, a theme park, or something, that's not really a big issue.

Not a bad idea, Iko. I think the theme park would be better.

• Fist Bump 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't suppose most of you thought I would be back after being gone so long, but I'm back in "full force" this time around so take that how you will.

Today I get to tell you about the other 3 Act monstrosity my hypothetical fan game Metal Sonic: Reborn has to offer.

And yes, I said other.

Welcome to X-Factory Zone, one of Dr. Eggman's largest robot production facilities to date. This Zone takes a good bit of inspiration from other mechanical Zones in the series, such as Wacky Workbench or Mad Gear Zone (and a bit of Metropolis Zone too). As is expected with plot progression, Mecha Sonic is trying to control this factory for his own means. Yeah, pretty obvious story motive, nothing exciting there.

Act 1: Wacky Workbench 

As the player (Metal) enters X-Factory, it becomes pretty obvious that things are going to be a *biiiiit* chaotic. The main mechanic/obstacle is many conveyor belts that can move you wherever they lead. If you land on them, you bounce up a good bit. Brings back fond memories of Sonic CD, doesn't it? 

Act 2: Gearing Up

If things weren't absolutely insane in Act 1, they sure are in Act 2. Along with the conveyor belts, there are also large gears which violently slam into each other at certain intervals. Sometimes these gears open up pathways for smoother progression, but there aren't many that do this.

Act 3: System Overload 

Unfortunately, Mecha Sonic seems to have noticed you existed within his vicinity, but since he's feeling a bit lazy so he lets the level do the work for him. The mechanics of the previous 2 Acts appear, with the conveyors working quicker as well as shorter gear slamming intervals. Oh yeah, and there's flamethrowers. Fun for the whole family, amirite?

Boss: Gear Dragon

A robotic dragon the Doctor was working on, Mecha decided to hack into it and make it think the player is an intruder (although to be fair here, they kinda are). Yep, already not looking so good.

The Dragon is a ferocious fighter, with large claws that strike at you and a nasty freezing breath to accompany it. It takes more hits to defeat than normal (10 hits to defeat), but it is quite slow, and you are quite fast, so use that to your advantage.

After you foil Mecha's attempt to take over X-Factory, he flees the building and flies off into the distance, the player in hot pursuit.

After that, Thunder Current Zone, game ending, yada yada, you get the deal. I'm not sure where I explained TCZ but it's here somewhere, so go look for that if you're interested or need a refresher. But I think I've said enough for now, I'll see you in due time.

• 3 weeks later...

Steam Station Zone

A steampunk and clock themed zone. Act 1 would involve steam vents and gears that you can move by spin-dashing. Act 2 would introduce more clock elements like pendulums and clock hands as obstacles. There is also water you can boil to create steam vents. The boss is Egg Smoker, a machine that generates smoke clouds to block your view. It can also shoot gears that travel along the floor. In order to get rid of the smoke protecting it, hit the burners on the side.

Astro Armada Zone

The space around Sonic's planet, being invaded by a fleet of spacecraft. Act 1 would take place on a bunch of planets and asteroids around the fleet, with the end having you dodge attacks from the fleet. Act 2 would take inspiration from Egg Gate from Sonic Forces. Sonic and co. would have to jump across the spaceships and some parts have you run up a wall with robots shooting lasers at parts of it. The boss would be the Egg Battleship. It's a giant spaceship made for battle, and to beat it there'd be a path around it to run on, with the Battleship's attacks being needed to break open cannons to fire back at it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's my idea:

Monitor Manufacturing Zone

The entire level will be a big processing plant where item monitors are being mass-produced and shipped out to other zones. Expect lots of conveyor belts and various moving machinery to act as platforms and hazards. 

Obviously, there'd be a lot of rings, shields, and lives - but there'd also be plenty of empty monitors that haven't been fully assembled yet too. These empty boxes would still have the same physical properties as regular monitors, and can be used to give Sonic a slight bounce and foothold as he makes his way across the various machinery.

One visual easter egg might be some schematics in the background depicting a prototype of a "new and improved" item capsule currently in development, foreshadowing the way items are handled in the modern games.

Act 1 Mid-Boss: Shieldnik

One of Eggman's Badniks breaks open a monitor themselves, gaining its shield abilities. You'll have to fight against this robot in three phases, dealing two damage per phase for a total of 6 hits for the boss.

First, they'll open a fire shield and do simple flame dashes back and forth across the room. Just hit them between dashes.

Next, Shieldnik breaks open a bubble shield and begins to bounce around unpredictably. Hit them twice again.

Finally, it's time for a thunder shield. Here, Shieldnik will aggressively pursue you, double-jumping and creating sparks whenever they do. As a bonus, if they manage to damage Sonic, their thunder shield will attract the rings knocked out of him, so you'd better pick them up quickly if you want them back! Two more hits and Shieldnik's scrapped!

Act 2 Boss - Hijacked Monitor Machine 

Eggman has plugged his Eggmobile directly into the central production unit of the factory, a large machine with a conveyor belt overlooking a deadly abyss below. Once it mass-produced useful items, but now Eggman's got it spitting out deadly Eggman Monitors, which you have to avoid. They'll come at you at varying speeds - some rolling patiently along the conveyor, and some being thrown at you at high speed from the machine.

Obviously if you jump into one by mistake, you'll take damage. But you do have to jump, since if you try to just run forward, the monitors on the belt will eventually push you back into the bottomless pit below.

To actually damage Eggman, you'll need to dodge and weave past the Eggman Monitors and slam into the machine directly; this will momentarily fix it from Eggman's override, causing it to spit out a ring monitor instead, before Eggman resumes the usual business. 8 hits and it's down.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

I was going to wait til I came up with a name and some concept art but I already posted the idea on SonicRetro. Did not read this entire thread.

I’ve always wanted an actual Haunted House stage. Not just Pumpkin Hill and the occasional ghost. I thought of this for 3D.

Spooky forest/graveyard in typical cartoon fashion. Moon out, haunted house in background. Tombstones with old model badniks popping out of the ground. They don’t hold Flickys and break into separate parts (Zombie badniks). Not more difficult but more annoying. Jump on the tombstones to cover graves.

Possible mid-boss. A real ghost that needs to be lured back into his grave. Something like Knuckles Pyramid Cave boss.

Haunted House. I haven’t really thought about how it would play but could have flying badniks disguised as ghosts just to be cute. Require 2 hits. One to knock them out of their white sheets. Could be something like Sandopolis where you need to keep the lights on or real ghosts appear.

Boss. Egg-o-lantern. Robotnik inside flying jack o lantern. This is why I thought of it in 3D. Like many 3D boss fights it takes place while running. Given the setting of a Haunted House it could be a never ending hallway. Attacks are fire balls from the mouth and turning upside down to pour out orange “pumpkin goop” to slow you down.

Defeat by bouncing objects that float by from open doors into it. Boost when there’s an opportunity to land hits. Once beat the hallway ends and a new doorway mysteriously appears letting you out. So it’s a real haunted house that Eggman tries to use against Sonic but he ends up being kicked out by the spirits.

I imagine it lighthearted. Like Cubot and Orbot are afraid but Eggman forces them to follow along as part of his scheme.

Edit: I copy and pasted it and it came out with this black highlight for whatever reason.

Here are two level ideas of mine.

1.Star Street Zone

In this zone, Sonic and his friends go through an extradimensional space where there are loads of stars. There are many stars, but these stars make up most of the paths Sonic and friends walk on as well as most of the objects. The galaxies, which come in different shapes and sizes, are walkable and since galaxies are made of many, many stars, this is basically a zone where you run on stars, with constellations of Sonic characters in the background. Eggman is after something here, so it is up to Sonic and friends to stop him from getting it!

As said before, all paths, including roads and loops, are made of stars and galaxies. There are also horizontal and vertical poles made of stars, and the heroes can swing on these as well. There are spring platforms made of stars as well, and Sonic and friends can push down on them and let go for the star springs to send them upward. There are star tunnels the heroes can spin through as well to get to other places, and there are star made vortexes that carry the heroes upward.

There are also metallic trains that run on star rails. They are short, but Sonic and friends can ride on these trains to get to other places. There are black holes the heroes should watch out for, as they could suck the heroes in and they could lose a life. There are star made barriers that Sonic and friends can break, sending the stars that make them flying off into different directions. There are moving, swinging star poles with buckets that can catch the heroes so they can ride on them, and there are galaxies so big, they become star fogs that make it hard to see. In the second act, the heroes run around a star the size of our sun!

2. Kinetoscope Kicks Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through a kinetoscope parlor, which includes kinetoscopes, mutoscopes and raree shows, which are described here. All three are objects in the early half of the 20th century which people pay a coin to view short movies in a small box through binocular like viewers attached to that box, or pictures and objects in terms of a raree show. With that, Sonic and friends can view and interact with many of these objects, which can change the level some. These gadgets come with all shapes and sizes for the heroes to interact with. Not having been used for a while, Eggman has come and taken over this place to make these into hypnotizing machines to take over the world, so the heroes have to stop him!

In this zone, there are many Kinetoscopes, Mutoscopes and Raree Shows. In terms of Kinetoscopes and Mutoscopes, the heroes can look into them to enter them, which leads to a short section based on a short movie that the heroes have to go through. They have many collectibles in them, but dangerous hazards too. When finished, the heroes are back in the parlor with elements from the film present in the place. The heroes can't view all movies, though. There are reels with platforms in giant kinetoscopes and mutoscopes the heroes can ride on, and there are gear wheels the heroes can traverse as well.

In terms of the raree shows, the heroes can effectively view them to enter them. Some raree shows are numbered, and just show pictures and objects, but must be viewed in the correct order, and if done right, the heroes can earn a prize. Some raree shows, kinetoscopes and mutoscopes may need one ring to be activated. In the second act, the heroes come across an area where the movies for the viewing objects are made. There are red reels of film that Sonic and friends can run on like any path, and blue ones to bounce on. There are cameras that film things that the heroes can run past, and if they do a pose, and it is good, rings will be rewarded to them. Also in both acts are kinetoscopes, mutoscopes and raree shows that can be broken, sometimes revealing hidden areas. There are also kinetophones, which produce sounds for the kinetoscopes, that can be moved and be directed to a phone like object and activated so that they can open doors to alternate routes.

What do you all think?

Quasar Quarrel Zone: This is once again another space zone, probably 2D, but this one would be unique to the ones we've had in the series previous. This one has the backdrop of a nebula in space, with the backdrop of starry constellations, and maybe some colorful nebulas used as clouds. There would be various stars and planets in the background. Sonic and co. would be running through a somewhat small planet/large asteroid with various platforming challenges and other set pieces. The level would use a color palette of grays, pinks, yellows, and blues, with the landscape made out of rocks/asteroids, planetary rings, and twisted metal (this will lead into act 2).

The act features rings, corkscrews, etc., with more of a focus on speed and different paths for most of the first act. One of the gimmicks would be solar flares, that happen randomly (in select areas of the level) or that can be triggered by buttons, lasting about 35 seconds. The solar flares would cause a change in the level's mood and lighting, with a darker color palette. The solar flares would also change certain level geometry in a few areas, like with more dangerous platforming or secret routes only accessible during the flare. 

The end of the first act would mostly deviate from the rest of the act, with a supernova happening in the background. Sonic and co. would have to escape the exploding star by jumping between asteroids to a nearby structure, and there would also be a gravity-switching gimmick. This would probably be the penultimate level given the difficulty. 

The second act would have Sonic and co. escaping the asteroids and ending up in Eggman's planetary castle, floating on a particularly large asteroid near the planet. In my mind I had it styled kind of like the Asgardian Palaces from the MCU, but maybe with some Eggman flourishes and rainbow lights on the outside. The zone would be somewhat similar on the interior to Titanic Monarch, with regal styles and big Eggman banners. The solar flares would still be in effect, but in this case maybe half the level would be covered by an extended solar flare, which creates a new route through the palace. Given this palace is kind of styled off of Asgard, there would probably be a mini-Bifrost that the characters could run on for extra speed. The level would have a high-speed section at the end leading into the main hall, which would have a boss rush of this hypothetical game, and then move outside to the stars to the hypothetical final boss.

With all of these ideas I was kind of spitballing, but my main goal was to have a space themed-zone that was more than "industrial spaceship zone with Eggman symbol everywhere". These are just the random ideas that came through my head.

• Nice Smile 1

One Zone idea that I always wanted to see in Sonic, is a zone based on the Australian outback. We have echidnas, crocodiles, even koalas as characters in the canon games, so it would be neat to see a zone that fits with these animals' habitat. Maybe the zone can start in a forest and the middle part is a very rocky desert and then the zone ends on a spiritual mountain similar to the Uluru / Ayers Rock.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a zone taking place in a jungle at night. Similar to that one scene from Dreamwork's Madagascar, where you see glowing eyes staring at Sonic from the darkness. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Here is another one from me.

Deranged Dimensions Zone

In this zone, Sonic goes through a colorful wireframe world. This world is unique through a special gimmick it has: the ability to manipulate dimensions. Not other worlds dimensions, but the three dimensions that we travel through in life, such as the 1st, 2nd and third dimension. These can be changed throughout the level, and will have to be to access alternate routes and get through the level as Sonic and friends try to stop Eggman.

In this zone, there are orbs Sonic can touch that will change his dimensionality. Green orbs turn Sonic into a 0D being, or a point. While this does not allow the crew to move, they are invulnerable to things, and can jump out of this form at any time. Blue spheres make Sonic 1D, which allows him to fit into tight spaces. Yellow spheres allow the crew to become 2D, which makes them sharp, float in the air and fit through tight spaces. Red orbs turn Sonic and friends back to normal, and certain points in the level can turn them back as well.

There are also many obstacles and features here. Sonic and friends can interact with blue cube switches to make objects 1D, which become grindable or able to be swung on. Blue pyramids shorten or extend the length of objects. Yellow cubes turn objects 2D, which make them breakable or turns them into trampolines, but have edges that are sharp and dangerous. The yellow pyramids change the width of objects. There are also red cubes that make objects 3D, though they may be in pieces if they are broken. Red pyramid switches change the objects' height. Depending on the object, they may be interacted in different ways.

What do you all think?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

SONIC: ROBOTNIK RETURNS (my fan game idea)

Violet Valley ZONE ACT 1/2

Seaside Shore ZONE ACT 1/2

Toxic Paradise ZONE ACT 1/2

Magnet Mine ZONE ACT 1/2

Sunny Hill ZONE ACT 1/2

Wooden Jungle ZONE ACT 1/2

Egg Fortress ZONE ACT 1/2

Cryptic Egg ZONE (Final Stage)

Untitled (58).jpg

On 7/11/2021 at 5:50 AM, Tomboyish Mermaid said:

One Zone idea that I always wanted to see in Sonic, is a zone based on the Australian outback. We have echidnas, crocodiles, even koalas as characters in the canon games, so it would be neat to see a zone that fits with these animals' habitat. Maybe the zone can start in a forest and the middle part is a very rocky desert and then the zone ends on a spiritual mountain similar to the Uluru / Ayers Rock.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a zone taking place in a jungle at night. Similar to that one scene from Dreamwork's Madagascar, where you see glowing eyes staring at Sonic from the darkness. 

I could give you names on it.

● OUTBACK JUNGLE ZONE

● ANCIENT PLAINS ZONE

● METAL MESA ZONE

Here are some more level ideas of mine. This will be long, so I will spoiler this.

Spoiler

Miming Melancholy Zone

In this zone, Sonic and his friends goes through an area that is a practice area for mimes. That's right! This is a miming themed area! The mimes themselves are rather absent, except for Eggman's robots, who rather look like mimes, but there are many things left here that the crew can interact with, which are not really supposed to be there, of course. Sonic and friends have to find Eggman here, who has made a trap for our heroes.

In this zone, many of the gimmicks are invisible, but can be seen as literally clear, but not opaque objects, to fit in with the miming theme of this level. There are sometimes white gloved hands floating around moving as if they are interacting with the objects, some of which can only be interacted with once the hands do the interacting. There are clear ropes the heroes can climb, and clear spiked balls the heroes must avoid.

There are also clear boxes the heroes can get trapped in. If they are trapped, the heroes must jump repeatedly to break out. There are big springs the heroes can jump on, making it so that they can jump real high. There are clear balls that come in two sizes, big and small. The big ones are what Sonic and friends can walk on to move around, and the small ones are kickable, and can destroy enemies in the way. There are clear rings that Sonic and friends can jump through to gain points, and there are clear poles that move up and down that Sonic and friends can swing on to get to higher areas.

P.S.: Guess what this zone's name is based on?

Dance Doom Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through what happens to be a dance studio. That's right! This is a dance studio themed stage! The floor is a lit up dance floor, and there are platforms and even curves and tunnels that Sonic and friends can interact that are styled after the dance floor. There is no time to dance, though, as Eggman is somewhere in this place, and it is up to Sonic and friends to find out what he is up to.

In this zone, there are lit up platforms that Sonic and friends can spin dash on to move up or down, except they do not spin dash, but dance when on them when the spin dash move is used. There are silhouettes that Sonic and friends can interact with at the right time when running into them with a press of a button to perform dance moves to gain points or break down walls and enemies.

There are also colored panels on the dance floor similar to the ones in Mad Matrix in Shadow the Hedgehog's game. Sonic and friends can jump on these panels to change their color, and even, if they match all the panels in color, open alternate routes. There are spheres that look like disco balls that Sonic and friends can jump on, which can be useful for reaching higher areas. The heroes also encounter parts of the floor that elongate upwards quickly when touched, launching the heroes into the air. There are also spirals in the air that Sonic and friends can jump into to spin around and launch with a jump to go in any direction.

Ancient Automation Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through an area where there are many ancient machines to be seen, all based on machines thought of by Leonardo da Vinci, as shown here.

https://www.leonardo-da-vinci.net/inventions/

Here, many of the machines Leonardo da Vinci thought of are operational and actualized. Sonic and friends can interact with these machines in different ways. Here, they must find Eggman, who is up to something here.

In this zone, Sonic and friends come across a tank like object thought of by Leonardo da Vinci that they can get into and ride, or must avoid if Eggman's robots are controlling them. There are also "automobile" carts that Sonic can friends can ride or must avoid. Revolving bridges can be used to get around, and revolve with the use of a switch. There are flying machines and helicopter like objects the heroes can ride on to get around.

There are areas with da Vinci like parachutes the heroes can use to safely get around in the level. There are multi-barrel guns the heroes must avoid, as well as giant crossbows that heroes can use to launch themselves to other locations. There are spring devices in the form of spirals the heroes can run up to get around. There are also water lifting devices Sonic and his friends can ride to get to higher places. There are parabolic compasses that the heroes can use to change direction to get around, and there are gears and wheels the heroes can ride to get to other places.

So, what do you all think of these?

• Thumbs Up 2

SONIC: HIDDEN ZONES

(not real, my idea of Sonic hack/fangame)

Sonic and his friends Tails and Knuckles are enjoying their day when suddenly Robotnik comes from the sky in his Egg mobile and tells Sonic about these emeralds he found that he is going to use to power his super weapon that will destroy the entire environment around them, and Sonic being Sonic tries to recover the stolen mysterious emeralds from Robotnik.

ACID ALLEY ZONE- It's a re-skined version of Hill Top, but with acid replacing the lava, the boss is the Marble Zone boss but with a pinch mode that has Eggman chasing you with Acid Bombs that will melt the stage as you go on.

VOLT VELOCITY ZONE- it will take place in a power plant with lots of electric badniks awaiting, the boss is a rehash of the triple trouble Final Boss.

ELECTRIC SPARKOPOLIS ZONE- Like Gigalopolis but with the same electric theme as Volt velocity, the boss is a cross between the star light boss and later the sonic 4 mad gear boss.

ICICLE CHASE ZONE- Basically Ice Cap but there's a giant icicle machine that Robotnik had built chasing you until it crashes in large blocks of ice trapping it, until it appears again as the act 2 boss.

DESERT DUST ZONE- a variation of Sandopolis with giant gusts of sand blocking your path from crossing further, act 2 boss is Robotnik using a sand machine to blow you off the side of a cliff that's slowly disappearing as you run.

DANGER DAZZLE ZONE- It is a cross between Death Egg from Sonic 2, and Wing Fortress, the boss is a reimaginingof the Flying Battery Boss from Sonic and Knuckles.

EGG COLLSEUM ZONE- cross between Death Egg ACT 2 from Sonic 3 and Knuckles but there is the past enimies from the last 4 zones, this will lead into the final boss.

FINAL EGG ZONE (The Battle of Your Life)- The cross between the Final Boss to Sonic Blast (the game gear game) and then if you beat that boss, you battle the Gene Gadget Boss, in 2d, then the last machine that Robotnik uses is his Death Egg Robot from Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but Super Sonic chases him and Robotnik goes down defeated and Sonic saves the animals and the game ends.

Screenshot_20211205-093127_Chrome.jpg

Well it's time for me to tell you all the idea I had in my head for a while.

Cyber Maze Zone

Act 1

Sonic and co. are inside a giant computer network, where Robotnik stores all his plots, schemes and all plans in the mainframe, however Robotnik is not easy fooled, he has powerful firewalls and antivirus software with badniks installed, go through programs watch out for platforms being deleted and maybe his poke through his "secert files" thorough this network to reach the goal post.

Mini boss: Security bot 6/23/91

The goal post gets deleted and Robotnik deploys one of the antivirus programs it's programmed to destroy and delete Sonic from the computer, watch for it's laser and missile attacks, and it's delete attack but you can hide in small boxes, hit six times to defeat.

Act 2

Now with the software deleted, the computer is now vulnerable to hackers and viruses, now you have to dodge viruses that kill* Sonic, now there teleporters that warp Sonic all over the place, choose carefully as some may lead to traps.

Boss: Virtual Robotnik

Using high tech AR/VR equipment Robotnik manages to get inside his computer, this time no machines, no robots, just a hulking digital person, he'll swing his hammer which can damage you, and he'll teleport a lot, use the virus to hit Robotnik eight times before he is forced to withdraw from the mainframe, now unsafe to stay, Sonic jumps out of the computer to chase down Robotnik.

Always wanted to have a computer based Zone so what do you think.

*By kill I mean delete.

• Thumbs Up 2

SONIC: MAXIMUM RIDGE (2021) - my idea for a 2D Boost Game of my own.

Heroes:

Sonic (×)

Tails

Knuckles

Villains:

(Dr. ROBOTNIK)

(Tribot) - Assistant 

Zones:

TROPICAL CORE 1/2/3

DOLPHIN BRIDGE 1/2/3

PYRAMID PANIC 1/2/3

ELECTRIC TRENCH 1/2/3

SUNSHINE ROUTE 1/2/3

LAST CASINO 1/2/3

MAGMA INFERNO 1/2/3

CRYSTAL ISLE 1/2/3

TOY SKYLINE 1/2/3

HANG-GLIDE HAVOC Zone

LETHAL SCAMPER 1/2

GIMMICK PUPPET 1/2/3

LAUNCH LIFTOFF Zone

GALACTIC DRIFT 1/2/3/4

FINAL HIGH Zone

Note: Third acts are boss stages/Sonic is the only playable character/Tribot is the cubot/orbot of this game, I created the name.

SONIC: MAXIMUM RIDGE 2 (sequel idea)

Heroes:

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Silver

Villains:

(Dr. EGGMAN ROBOTNIK)

(Tribot)

Cosmic Interway Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Molten Hanger Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Desert Acropolis Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Machine Coloseum Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Pumpkin Capital Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

South Impact Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Acidic Plant Zone ACT 1/2/BOSS

Electric Rocket Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Jungle Jetter Zone ACT 1/2/BOSS

Terror Bridge ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Marine Melt Zone ACT 1/2/BOSS

Boiling Volcanis Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS 

Amethyst Angel Zone BOSS

Metallic Metropolis Zone ACT 1/2/3/BOSS

Galactic Chase Zone ACT 1/BOSS

Eternal End Zone BOSS (final)

Sonic & Friends escape the null Zone that Eggman created in the galaxy and defeat Dr. Eggman with the last hit and defeat him for a another time and save the galaxy. The End

Note: All characters in the Heroes List are playable/ You start the game with a opening sequence and then when it's done, you can get a hub world with a planet called "Planet Xeno" and which has the zones you can play on, the hub is kinda like Forces but less mediocre, and then you have a capsule to pick your character/ Silver can be playable by beating the game with or without the Chaos Emeralds.

• 1 month later...

Here are some more ideas of mine.

Spraying Springs Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through a spring area with many water gushers. There are also spring sources where many rivers start off. There are also sources for lakes, too. However, Eggman has taken control of this area, and has plugged some of the springs to make it so that the towns near them will not get any water. It is up to the heroes to get the springs unplugged so that the towns will have their water.

In this level, Sonic and friends come across river beds and dry lakes. These have muddy sections that will slow the heroes down, as well as plenty of mud pillars that rise out of the ground to block the heroes' path, with a jump through them causing them to collapse. There are also plugs in the ground the heroes must take off, and doing so will cause the rivers or lakes to quickly fill up like after breaking one pipe filled the level with water in Knuckles' Launch Base Zone Act 2 section in Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

There are also plenty of bubble making machines that Sonic and friends can use the bubbles that are made to rise up to get to higher areas in the trees. There are also plenty of water gushers that send Sonic and friends flying, with some of them being able to be used as rails. There are some water gushers below the ground, and they will rise when Sonic and friends cross them and send them flying in the air if they are not quick enough to cross the ground they are under. The heroes also find bushes they can run through, or dry ones they can destroy to find hidden goodies.

Amazing Animation Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through an animated light display show. That is right! This is an animated light display zone! There are projected laser animations, neon sign animations and animated LED lights that Sonic and friends, and the player, find to be much like that of a Christmas lights display, only this one is Sonic the Hedgehog themed. Sonic and friends must go through here to find Eggman.

In this zone, there are light strings that work like rails that the heroes can grind on, or otherwise swing from them. There are plenty of lights that form animated pictures of closing and opening mouths, with the closing mouths harming the heroes should they stand in them while they are "open". There are also plenty of neon lights the heroes can ride to cross paths or go to higher places.

There are also plenty of lasers being shot from certain areas that the heroes come across. These lasers, if they are red, will harm the heroes, but the heroes can surf on them if they are blue in color. Some of the laser animations can be interacted with, and may be in the form of classic enemies. They are optional, but defeating the animated enemies can open up new routes. There are plenty of pads that the heroes can stand on that shoot light to propel them in given directions to reach new places, and there are objects decorated with lights that need to be turned on by switches to make them be able to be interacted with.

Polar Park Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through an amusement park somewhere in Sonic's world. This world happens to be snow themed, so this is a snow amusement part we have here! This is not like White Park in Sonic 4: Episode 2, but a literal snow themed park for entertainment. In this zone, Eggman has taken over the place. What use does he have for this place? Only by finding him will Sonic and friends know!

In this zone, there are high hills that Sonic and friends come across, with snowboards and skis and sleds to ride down these areas. Sonic and friends, after choosing a method of going down, can sled, ski or snowboard and even do tricks down this area. There are also ice skating mazes the heroes will have to go through, and they will have to find a way out while avoiding obstacles and enemies.

There is also a snowman building area that Sonic and friends come across, with some of the snowmen attacking the heroes as they go by, due to actually being robots. There is a giant igloo with ice blocks the heroes will have to push around, and there are snowball fight areas where the heroes can interact with snowball shooting machines or just dodge snowballs. Also in this zone are ice slides the heroes can slide on, and there are ice coasters based on the ice slides that preceded roller coasters. The heroes can ride on sleds to go through these ice coasters, loops and all.

Additional Info: Something like this would be the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7-ixllcgo&ab_channel=sonicKAI

Visual Volley Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through a city park area with many computer images, computer icons, visualized words and numbers and more, as this is an augmented reality themed area they have to go through! There are images and other things the heroes can interact with that they would otherwise not see. Is this the work of Eggman? The heroes will have to find out!

In this zone, there are switches that turn on and off the augmented reality features. Turning them on or off can unblock or block paths and more. In the real world, the heroes come across mailboxes that shoot sharp mail at them, and there are tree branches the heroes can bounce on and there are poles the heroes can swing on. There are also enemies riding bicycles the heroes must avoid.

In the augmented reality part of the level, there are words Sonic and friends can run on as well as mathematical equations. There are images that act like real life objects like a galaxy like image the heroes can bounce off of. Some of these images do not appear when the augmented reality is turned off. There are icons labeling things that the heroes can use as platforms to get around as well. plus there are other icons that act as switches that make things happen, allowing for interactivity in the level for the heroes, as well as possibly opening or closing alternate routes!

What do you all think of these?

Starscraper:

Act 1 is getting into an eggman base with a huge tower in the background.  Act 2 is a vertical stage with wraparound edges (there were levels in SMB3 like this) where you climb up the tower and into space to face the final boss (whatever that may be)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bring this back up, but I have some new ideas I would like to share.

Spoiler

Eldritch Enigma Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go to another dimension, one that is an eldritch location. Basically, this has alien geometries, weird structures, and the laws of physics generally do not apply the same way Sonic's world's physics do. This is a very strange place, but it is not necessarily evil at all. Nonetheless, Sonic and his friends must go through here to stop Eggman, who is up to something in this dimension.

In this zone, Sonic and friends come across many strange geometries and things, like areas that spatially loop the crew back to a given location, as well as rooms or areas that stretch spatially, or areas that turn upside down or 90 degrees. There are plenty of waterfalls here, but Sonic and his friends will be lifted up them when they touch them instead of falling down them, which is useful for getting to high areas.

There are also Escher like stairways Sonic and his friends come across, which feel like a maze to be had. There are areas that speed Sonic and his friends up as he runs on the ground, rather than slow him down due to friction, in which the crew must jump to stop the acceleration. There are also gravity sections where gravity is inverted, or in another direction, which allow the heroes to walk on walls and ceilings easily. There are also small areas of space that teleport around, and the heroes must use timing to get through them and reach other places in the zone.

Additional Information: Act one's music would be like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4IbvdqyNcQ&ab_channel=YouAllSuck5000

And Act two's music would be like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUW8QXUQGRA&ab_channel=Sonic'sMixtapes

Cosmic Creation Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends go through the "outskirts" of the universe, where there are many different universes, realms and timelines. That is right! This is that kind of stage! Now, despite being filled with these things, Sonic and friends can interact with these things like roads, platforms and so on. There is a mysterious power here that Eggman is close to getting, so it is best to speed up to stop him!

In this zone, there are timelines in the form of roads the heroes can run on. There are certain parts of the roads that, when the heroes step on them, cause them to branch off the main road like a branching timeline, which can lead to alternate routes. There are time loops in the form of shuttle loops that Sonic and friends can run on as well. There are spherical universes with platforms that the heroes can jump on too.

There are also realms in the form of rails Sonic and friends can grind on. Sonic and friends can grind on these realms, and some speed them up while others slow them down, depending on the rail. There are smaller spherical universes that Sonic and friends can bounce off of. Blue universes will split upon contact, green universes are normal and can be bounced on as many times as the player wants and the red ones are destroyed after a single bounce. There are also large spherical universes Sonic and friends can run around like a wheel, and there are big bangs that create universes the heroes interact with, but they must watch out for the explosion.

Abstract Angel Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends come across a weird kind of forge that produces weird stuff, and by weird, I mean objects manifested in the form of concepts. That's right! This is a concept themed stage! Sonic and friends can thus run on concepts made of chaos, order, space, time, causality, knowledge, motion and even reality! Eggman is after something here, so it is up to the heroes to find out what!

In this zone, there are lines of roads that hang in the air that are made of motion itself. These mini-roads move when the heroes step onto them. There are spheres of space the heroes can run to gain momentum on, though once they jump off, they are sent farther than normal into the next area. There are winds of time the heroes can ride. Red ones make time go faster, making the timer go faster as well while blue ones slow down time and the timer.

There are also platforms made of chaos. Stepping on these will cause them to split into more platforms as the heroes go along. There are trampolines made of order that function like jump pads from past games, only they are more orderly in sending the heroes places and they are more direct. There are swirling circles that are interconnected made of causality that, when interacted with or ridden, can cause something to happen in the level. There are walls made of knowledge that imbue the heroes with skills they can use in this level, and there are rails of reality that give the heroes different powers depending on the color.

Emotion Escapade Zone

In this zone, Sonic and friends come across a strange place, one where everything is made of emotions. That's right! This is an emotion themed stage! The objects that are in this level are differently colored, and may have a different effect for the heroes that they can use to get around. Eggman is here in this emotion place, trying to erase the concept of emotions altogether except for himself to rule the world, and the heroes must stop him.

In this zone, there are blue light pillars made of hope. These not only lift the heroes to higher places, but increase their strength for a short while. There are red rails of rage the heroes can grind or walk on, but while this increases their strength and speed, this may make them unable to be controlled by the player if they are on it for too long. the purple spheres are made of sadness, and while they can be walked on, they can slow the heroes down.

Pink objects that look like trampolines represent love, and they increase Sonic and friends' jump ability as well as send them upward tremendous heights with each bounce. Green rings that Sonic Sonic and friends can pass through to get through the air faster are filled with hate, and may induce the ability to harm animals in the area you did not want to hurt. Orange ropes in the level contain suffering and pain, and will take away rings the longer the heroes hold on to them. Yellow lines along the road along the ground are filled with happiness, and increase the maneuverability of the heroes if they stay in the line. White platforms the heroes jump on have the feeling of pleasure, and cause the heroes to go faster the more they jump on them.

What do you all think of these?

I got some more:

Sparkopolis Zone - A level where you traverse an neon-lighted electric plant filled with electric type badniks that will shock you at any moment.

Sunset Sahara Zone - A level that is a Mesa, and the background is at sunset. The second part would be..

Midnight Mesa - A continuation of Sunset Sahara, this time at night, and with a boss that has you running near runaway camels.

Neo Roulette - A Casino type level. In act 1, you start in the entrance traversing through security badniks and laser beams. In Act 2, there are card platforms that with fall if you stand on too long. And ones that you can run on.

Night Meadows - A green hill type level with dark blue grass, shing stars in the sky, and a monkey badnik that can sense your movement when you come towards it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

All Zones:

Grassy Hills

Optic Crater 

Music City

Log Forest

Egg Airship

Snowy Peaks

Festival Park

Aqua Ocean

Lava Caves