Awoo.

Thread pages refuse to load while viewing the forum as Guest

Spееdy

Hi, guys :) I don't know if there is a general topic for reporting bugs on the forum but I see people usually create a new one to report the problem so there goes me too. Forgive me if I did wrong..

I've encountered a glitch recently that prevent thread pages from loading while being on the forum as Guest. The only page of the topic that loads is the first one and if you want to browse any other pages (for example go to the last one) the page is loading infinitely until you refresh your web-browser's page instead and it loads alright. Weird glitch and don't know if it's known to staff but I am here to ask if this can be fixed. I've tested this glitch on Chrome and Opera browsers and both with the same problem, if this info helps.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Tara said:

What device/OS are you using?

I'm using a PC and Windows 10 Pro OS. And go to the forum via Google Chrome but I tried with Opera Internet Browser and it's the same problem. I've also just tried with Microsoft Edge browser and Internet Exprorer 11 and it's still loading infinitely, so...

About one out of four times when i try to load a new page, it will stay on the loading page as you describe.  Click refresh, and it may load then: That has worked for me each time it happens.  ^_^

7 hours ago, expansivelovestories said:

About one out of four times when i try to load a new page, it will stay on the loading page as you describe.  Click refresh, and it may load then: That has worked for me each time it happens.  ^_^

Yes, I know manual refreshing helps but I don't think this is how it is supposed to work originally. Gotta be fixed I guess :)

I lurked this site for the past few months as a Guest and can confirm that this happened to me for the length of that time.

Happens both on my laptop (Windows 8) and my Android phone, both in Google Chrome.

Doesn't happen now that I have an account and am signed in, but will still happen when I log out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also had this on the Macs I was using in college before I graduated in June if I didn't sign in but a refresh always fixed it. 

It's definitely not a serious bug but the second loads can add up a little if you want to look at multiple pages of a thread. I imagine it'd be a worse problem if your internet speed isn't great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same deal here. When I try to go from page to page within a thread, it won't load any new posts. I have to reload the page to get anything to display after going to a different page within the thread (as a guest).

• Thumbs Up 1