Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

"and this is our first ever platform confirmed for Mania in Japan IIRC:"

As in, we never heard of a system it's coming out for in Japan until now.

It's been played repeatedly on JP streams too, I assume on either PC or PS4. 

They're not gonna be demonstrating versions of the game on JP streams that aren't releasing in JP, are they? Handily the Boom stream's vanished, else I'd go check whether it was a Dualshock or generic PC pad myself.

Even then, I don't get your point. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

They're not gonna be demonstrating versions of the game on JP streams that aren't releasing in JP, are they? Handily the Boom stream's vanished, else I'd go check whether it was a Dualshock or generic PC pad myself.

Even then, I don't get your point. 

They've never confirmed if it's coming to PS4, PC, or anywhere until now. If you know of something saying so, please post it.

Note that you did say "assume".

5 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

They've never confirmed if it's coming to PS4, PC, or anywhere until now. If you know of something saying so, please post it.

Note that you did say "assume".

http://senpaigamer.com/tgs2016-japanese-version-sonic-mania-release-in-2017-spring-16092016

This article suggests it was part of the reconfirmation of Mania coming to Japan at TGS 2016. I'd like to find a better source, mind, but this stands to reason. 

3 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

http://senpaigamer.com/tgs2016-japanese-version-sonic-mania-release-in-2017-spring-16092016

This article suggests it was part of the reconfirmation of Mania coming to Japan at TGS 2016. I'd like to find a better source, mind, but this stands to reason. 

Interesting. It's weird though that the official JP Mania site has never ever listed platforms, neither has any trailer/footage of the Japanese version.

For Japan, I'm very certain Mania would come to PC, PS4, and the Switch. But not the Xbox One, since that console is very dead in Japan.

Just my prediction.

27 minutes ago, FReaK said:

pretty much all i care for right now is a release date.

Well you will probably get one on the 16th.

3 hours ago, Soldier: 76 said:

For Japan, I'm very certain Mania would come to PC, PS4, and the Switch. But not the Xbox One, since that console is very dead in Japan.

Just my prediction.

XBox is dead everywhere. PC and Sony are killing things around the world.

7 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

In Japan, Xbox is legitimately dead, I'm pretty sure only westaboos use it. Around the rest of the world, it's just dying loudly.

Didn't know xbox was dead. Actually, I'm not very fond of the new generation. I'm fine with my PC and my emulators collection on my Android tablet. 

15 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Microsoft competing with themselves,  eh?

According to the new Japan Dream Magazine thing that was recently shown, Sonic Mania is un-decided whether it will have Online Mode.

I think that's interesting, especially since Project Sonic 2017 didn't have any mention of Online Mode, thus making it sound more like it's guaranteed a single player game, whilst for other games they bring up a "maybe" for online gaming, and other titles such as Ultra Street Fighter II that were a "maybe" eventually turned out to be true.

Do you guys think there should be Online Co-Op for this game?

I think it would be a neat feature to race to the end of a level against other people, almost like Sonic 2 did with local VS mode, but at the same time after about 1 month's time I know casual players won't bother with the feature and only the like top 5% of sonic players would ever use it and it would make a casual fun game so competitive.

Thoughts?

temp.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gemster312 said:

Do you guys think there should be Online Co-Op for this game?

I think it would be a neat feature to race to the end of a level against other people, almost like Sonic 2 did with local VS mode, but at the same time after about 1 month's time I know casual players won't bother with the feature and only the like top 5% of sonic players would ever use it and it would make a casual fun game so competitive.

Thoughts?

A two player vs mode (both online & offline) just like Sonic 2's would be a great idea. Sonic 2's multi-player is really fun and the way it's structured; who wins based on score, item boxes, rings, total rings and who finishes the act first works well.

Local co-op has been confirmed in that a second player can take control of Tails. However, I don't think online co-op would work well unless you know the people you are playing with.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm fine with multiplayer/co-op in whatever form as long as having it doesn't cause S4 EP 2 problems.

But given it's Whitehead in charge, I've got total faith here.

Honestly the old co-op style was fine when I was a kid, but outside of boss fights it's not so much co-op but rather "Tails is here too" and the Tails player is NEVER having as much fun as the Sonic player during any moment that doesn't specifically require Tails to do something.  Keep it as a legacy thing but not worth adding netplay for.

But an online race mode would be completely and utterly fab, no doubt, even if it was P2P only rather than having quick play.  Ideally it needs dynamic item balancing (person behind encounters more elemental shields, invincibility and speed-ups while person in front is mostly just given rings, blue rings and regular shields) and that's a tricky business, but as long as there's no "swap places" item boxes it'd prolly be fine overall.  Naturally just having items be static or not present at all should be an option too.

• Thumbs Up 8

You know what I'm imagining...?

Collecting all the emeralds and unlocking your super form in matches...

Imagine if every player had their super forms unlocked, it would be hell in the best of ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

BlueParadox found a physical listing for Mania on Argos:

Then got in touch with customer support:

So if it is a thing (it seems like a pretty safe bet at this point), it might not be exclusive after all. Feels good.

3 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

BlueParax found a physical listing for Mania on Argos:

So if it is a thing (it seems like a pretty safe bet at this point), it might not be exclusive after all. Feels good.

Hmm... I'd love to report this over on TSOS but... Likely best to wait until everything's a little more legit/confirmed by SEGA themselves...

That's still in the rumor territory for now I'd say but then again I guess it depends on how much faith you put into retailers words. Great possible news though either way.

You know what I'm imagining...?

Collecting all the emeralds and unlocking your super form in matches...

Imagine if every player had their super forms unlocked, it would be hell in the best of ways.

Super forms in multiplayer race? lol That would be... Awesome! Of course it means Super Tails and Super Knux too. I mean fuck, there's no warm in adding them to the MP mode, right? Maybe even MORE characters, like The Boys, those dudes® and The Chaotix. And Amy haha

Just now, Jango said:

Super forms in multiplayer race? lol That would be... Awesome! Of course it means Super Tails and Super Knux too. I mean fuck, there's no warm in adding them to the MP mode, right? Maybe even MORE characters, like The Boys, those dudes® and The Chaotix. And Amy haha

Opponent playing as Super Tails with those flickies attacking opponents...

"Fly my pretties!! FLY!!"

20 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

BlueParadox found a physical listing for Mania on Argos:

I find it difficult to believe that they have any solid information, as the site does say the game is 

• £59.99

and additionally:

Release date: autumn 2017.

I dont think Sega has released any information regarding any physical copy/price/release date to anyone yet, so I'm pretty sure just like with the price and release date, this "yeah it'll come with a physical release" is a placeholder statement as well.

Notice the "as far as we know" bit. Almost sounds like a "we have this item in our system, and i dont see why it wouldn't have a physical release".