Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

If they make an announcement trailer for a classic zone we really want (like Ice Cap or Hidrocity), with the saying: "available on.... Sonic 3!" at the end...

iwillfindyouaaronwebber.

20 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Much as I agree, the option never hurt anyone. A lot of games these days will force letterboxing on games when run on a 4:3 screen, so it's at least a good thing for them. 

Oh, of course :) Also, if the game comes to mobile, many tablets like the ipad or samsung galaxy tab are 4:3, so it totally makes sense.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, TailsBot said:

I think it was April Fool's last year when we got this little surprise...

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for big's big the cat fishing adventure 3

Considering the full game was delayed a few months, perhaps we'll get more news tomorrow.

More Mania news of course is also welcome.

it is about 12 PM at their offices!  if something will actually be posted today it would perhaps be within the next few hours! 

edit: fair enough!!  I think people were right to notice the tags/descriptions.  There should be a stream this Thursday!  ^_^^_^

While a new revealing is unlikely, there are some unique options from which to choose!  Or there may be a new interview this stream or next!

Disappointing that it's a barebones pause menu, stuff like the display-style should really be switchable in-game.  But could just be a demo thing.

8 hours ago, JezMM said:

Disappointing that it's a barebones pause menu, stuff like the display-style should really be switchable in-game.  But could just be a demo thing.

What do you mean? I think it's a good enough pause menu.

I don't mean to be rude, I just don't get what's wrong with it :)

1 hour ago, molul said:

What do you mean? I think it's a good enough pause menu.

I don't mean to be rude, I just don't get what's wrong with it :)

I just mean I like when the Options Menu is accessible from in-game, like it was in Sonic CD on console/PC and the Sonic 1/2 mobile ports.  Seems odd they'd scale it back to the basics, but as said that might just be because it's a demo version.

8 hours ago, JezMM said:

I just mean I like when the Options Menu is accessible from in-game, like it was in Sonic CD on console/PC and the Sonic 1/2 mobile ports.  Seems odd they'd scale it back to the basics, but as said that might just be because it's a demo version.

Yeah, it's probably just a basic menu for Mania's demo.

I love a good stylish pause-menu (which also allows you to change in-game settings). My favorite is the one from the console-ports of Sonic CD 2011. Looks nice:

EndogVb.png

The Sonic 1&2 mobile menus are also pretty nice:

VYE7Lex.png alGDetC.png

1 hour ago, Depression Kong said:

studiopolis act 1 playthrough #427 hype

Who wants to bet we'll get a playthrough of Studiopolis act1 including the Heavy Gunner boss fight???

Or maybe more footage of Studiopolis act2?

46 minutes ago, TailsBot said:

I love a good stylish pause-menu (which also allows you to change in-game settings). My favorite is the one from the console-ports of Sonic CD 2011. Looks nice:

EndogVb.png

VYE7Lex.png alGDetC.png

Who wants to bet we'll get a playthrough of Studiopolis act1 including the Heavy Gunner boss fight???

I'd enjoy that or a play through of Green Hill act 2 with the music. Or the boss. Or both.

2 hours ago, TailsBot said:

EndogVb.png

VYE7Lex.png alGDetC.png

Those pause menus are really sweet, but they don't exactly look all that consistent with the retro look. They're perfectly fine for a port since it's not pretending to be a part of the actual game, if that makes sense, but for Mania, it would make sense for them to do something a little more simple and traditional, like the pause menu they've shown (not that that means they can't include more options on the pause menu). Personally, I hope the final Mania pause menu does look like the one that's been shown, except maybe with a few more options.

I really wanna see a vs. Eggman or vs. Hard-Boiled Heavy boss fight, but if that's too much, Studiopolis Act 2 would certainly be welcome.

It sucks how starved some of us are for new footage. 

Like, I totally get that Sega wants to avoid spoilers as much as possible when it comes to these new games, but this drip feed fans for months and then release a measly 30 seconds of cut together b-roll footage to soften the blow of a delay strategy isn't doing it for me, personally. Like, even a full playthrough of Flying Battery Act 1 would have more than satisfied me. 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I really wanna see a vs. Eggman or vs. Hard-Boiled Heavy boss fight, but if that's too much, Studiopolis Act 2 would certainly be welcome.

Same here. Also hoping they show that new zone they teased at sxsw.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zippo said:

It sucks how starved some of us are for new footage. 

Like, I totally get that Sega wants to avoid spoilers as much as possible when it comes to these new games, but this drip feed fans for months and then release a measly 30 seconds of cut together b-roll footage to soften the blow of a delay strategy isn't doing it for me, personally. Like, even a full playthrough of Flying Battery Act 1 would have more than satisfied me. 

I can see why you are starved, i'm more used to the situation. As a fan of Terraria, we have been in a news drought for 7 months (this is the second time too, it happened not too long ago)

Fret not though, as in only a few months, we will probably have a release date, as summer isn't too far away. Also, I remember Aaron mentioning that they have a sort of update calendar they are using for their news updates.

I totally understand though. We were so hyped for news, and all we got was some art, 30 seconds of a new zone, a silhouette, and a delay. I really need a boss battle or Flying Battery gameplay haha.

Actually, now that I think about it, it hurts so bad watching the Green Hill act 2 gameplay and then seeing them stop right before the boss. Just a bit further please!

Edited by Psychicmoose103

The Hard-Boiled Heavy silhouette kept us going for a little while, though.  I'd consider that a good piece of marketing for hardcore fans.  With that said, it's inarguable that the gaming press have privately seen more than we have, having experienced the Green Hill Zone boss and the Studiopolis miniboss.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

The Hard-Boiled Heavy silhouette kept us going for a little while, though.  I'd consider that a good piece of marketing for hardcore fans.  With that said, it's inarguable that the gaming press have privately seen more than we have, having experienced the Green Hill Zone boss and the Studiopolis miniboss.

Actually, IGN, Eurogamer and Game Informer all made mention of a Sonic press event last month. We have no idea what was actually shown besides more of Mania being playable there and GI getting 30 minutes of a Sonic Forces demo. It's been under embargo since then. No clue when or if it will lift.