Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

There's nothing new being shown. lol

Not surprising. Though there's certainly marketing in Japan for Mania, they're not the outlet for new information. The GHZ Act 2 demo they did recently being a weird exception.

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

Starts in over an hour. Some sort of Mania coverage will be there. 

So did they show anything new at all?

3 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

So did they show anything new at all?

Nope. They showed the Flying Battery trailer which was revealed at SXSW.

I wasn't expecting anything new. E3 is likely when they'll show-off something new.

• Thumbs Up 2

In the new Sonic Forces gameplay there is the Drop Dash, confirming it's appearance in that game.

I don't know why but I think this increases the chance that they could link Sonic Mania to Sonic Forces, the two games are obviously being developed not in a compartmentalized way, there is at least a minimal influence from one to the other.

So maybe they'll really link Classic Sonic's presence in Sonic Forces to Sonic Mania?

37 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

In the new Sonic Forces gameplay there is the Drop Dash, confirming it's appearance in that game.

I don't know why but I think this increases the chance that they could link Sonic Mania to Sonic Forces, the two games are obviously being developed not in a compartmentalized way, there is at least a minimal influence from one to the other.

So maybe they'll really link Classic Sonic's presence in Sonic Forces to Sonic Mania?

Taxman said (when Mania was first announced) that his team introduced the drop-dash (not Sonic Team). Therefore, I wonder if the drop-dash in Forces is a late addition? I'm okay with it being in Forces. Ironically it's probably more suited to Forces, although it's still a really good addition to Mania. Gonna have fun using it!

From all the talk we've heard I don't see any indication Mania and Forces are linked. I certainly hope not. Mania should remain separate from any modern Sonic game. The only thing Mania should be linked to is the previous classics; Sonic 1, 2, 3 & CD etc.

Just now, OcelotBot said:

Therefore, I wonder if the drop-dash in Forces is a late addition?

Yeah I think that is the case.
In the Forces gameplay it seems really unpolished imho, even more then the rest of the unpolished things.

1 minute ago, OcelotBot said:

From all the talk we've heard I don't see any indication Mania and Forces are linked. I certainly hope not. Mania should remain separate from an modern Sonic games.

It's just that we now have proof that one of this two games can influence the other, so I think it's slightly more likely that they link the two.
Not that I'd like the idea, I hope I'm wrong on this one, I just wanted to consider the possibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

God I hope not. It'd only drag Mania down by association.

• Thumbs Up 9

I wish Mania's Green Hill was more like the one in Forces, boost pads aside, with gorgeous graphics and without the entire act 1 limited to a carbon copy of the original Green Hill acts from Sonic 1. At least act 2 looks a bit better.

49 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

I wish Mania's Green Hill was more like the one in Forces, boost pads aside, with gorgeous graphics and without the entire act 1 limited to a carbon copy of the original Green Hill acts from Sonic 1.

1. It's not a carbon copy of the original Green Hill Act from Sonic 1. That only exists in the 3DS Version of Generations

2. They already have Mirage Saloon Zone as a desert level

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

I wish Mania's Green Hill was more like the one in Forces, boost pads aside, with gorgeous graphics and without the entire act 1 limited to a carbon copy of the original Green Hill acts from Sonic 1. At least act 2 looks a bit better.

If anything, part of why Force's rendition feels so underwhelming to me is because a 16-bit game looks more vibrant and dynamic than it does.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

If anything, part of why Force's rendition feels so underwhelming to me is because a 16-bit game looks more vibrant and dynamic than it does.

Is that really so weird?

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Is that really so weird?

Act 2 of GHZ in Generations is something I would also describe as "vibrant and dynamic." At least visually, Act 1 in Generations is a clear cut above Forces. Its appearance in Forces just feels like a massive step backwards, and the fact that it's being shown concurrently with another version of the same level that looks better isn't helping.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Diogenes said:

God I hope not. It'd only drag Mania down by association.

Don't you mean it'd serve to make Forces better? ;) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Given how Forces got a reveal out of nowhere today, here's hoping Mania gets one this week too. A full playthrough of Flying Battery would be very hype worthy. 

• Thumbs Up 5

20 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I dunno what you're even getting at here, man. Are you just being intentionally obtuse or trying troll? Cause if so, try harder.

Mania's GHZ1 has a main path that merges familiar parts of the original GHZ1 and 2, but huge, entirely new upper and lower paths with a new ending as well. And with respective graphic styles in place, it looks pretty gorgeous too. If you're going to criticise Mania, which you're obviously allowed to do, the least you can do is be factual.

No trolling. It's just my opinion, you guys should accept that there's people who care more about Forces, instead of all this Mania worship and wanting Forces to fail in comparison.

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

In which case you're just being obtuse, because Mania's Green Hill isn't a carbon copy of the original act 1 and the graphics are of a totally different style.

Okay, my bad. I still prefer Forces' Green Hill, is that allowed?

12 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

Okay, my bad. I still prefer Forces' Green Hill, is that allowed?

Congratulations - you have an opinion! Like and dislike whatever the hell you want.

• Thumbs Up 3

57 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Congratulations - you have an opinion! Like and dislike whatever the hell you want.

Dude, don't be such an ass.

The guy stated his opinion, you attacked him and started calling him a troll.

Now because he clears up that it was his opinion you act like a little prick with the whole "congratulations"?

Chill, we don't need this negativity.

People have opinions, there is no need to start "congratulating" them for trying to defend themselves when they get attacked.