Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

So this came with Crazy Taxi's iOS/Android update:

Think Sonic Mania will have this Sega startup variation?

The Sega Forever thing has already been pretty much outed as a smart device service of sorts, versions of Crazy Taxi in some countries had a button prompt that was erroring into it's written code text which implies joining this "Sega Forever" for a subscription cost.

Might come to consoles too but doesn't seem too likely. PC even less so with Steam already having that neat Sega Room with the Classic Collection games, tho I guess they could rebrand it.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/sega_forever_may_be_a_subscription_service_for_the_companys_iconic_retro_games

48 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

So...

Is there any online features or no?

The steam Page does only mention local multiplayer 

49 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

This could also mean, reimagined competition stages? What if they are full versus stages with their own bosses?

(Endless Mine, Chrome Gadget, ect)

It seems more likely they'll mix new and old like they have been for versus...and more.

38 minutes ago, Jango said:

Crash Warped footage and Sonic Mania release date on the same day.

Ice-Cube-Today-Was-a-Good-Day.gif

Yeah I'm with you. 

I'm glad Crash NSane Trilogy releases when it does because it'll give me the whole month of July to give that game some love while I wait for Sonic Mania. The summer should be pretty awesome

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Jango said:

Meanwhile I'm thinking about the people losing their jobs because of this...

But hey, we got a release date.

Jerry-and-George-Shrug.gif

somewhat doubt anyone's losing their job over this. Definitely going to be a stern talking to over at SEGA Europe, but firing seems a tad far. 

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

somewhat doubt anyone's losing their job over this. Definitely going to be a stern talking to over at SEGA Europe, but firing seems a tad far. 

Revealing release dates can cause more problems than a shot of a stage popping out and stuff like that.

So... I dunno. It seems in that territory to me.

8 hours ago, DiamondX (Gowasu) said:

Is no one gonna talk about the achievments? That's pretty important for me at least.

Have they been made public? 

7 hours ago, FReaK said:

soo...81 days left.

finally we have a release. maybe i'll go on a media blackout after e3.

before e3

...There, I fixed it for you! ; )

There gonna leak/show the whole game I tell you!

I still wish I could have seen the companies reactions to the reveal.

Whitehead/Webber

giphy.gif

Europe

rod1.gif

Japan

tumblr_ml6ef4HvIp1rs9keio1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

6 hours ago, Jango said:

Plus, the Arm Global Testpunch, and 3 day weekend.

tumblr_oocwvjpiGY1qioqevo1_540.gif

I just noticed I'm on holidays until August 15th. Lol. Well, at least I'll be able to play Sonic Mania in the evening ^^U

10 hours ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Have they been made public? 

No, thankfully. We just know that the game will support them. Achievement lists are normally full of spoilers, so it's good that we don't yet know what they are. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I mean, a release date and a Steam page is nice and all.

But remember, three months is plenty of time for some 10-year-old on the team to accidentally leak everything.

Im curious, what if this release date was actually a fake leak devised by Sega? I'm sure its probably real, but you never know.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Im curious, what if this release date was actually a fake leak devised by Sega? I'm sure its probably real, but you never know.

Except you do know, because it's not fake. 

• Thumbs Up 4

It's a shame it's THAT far off into the season.

The prime release time-frame would have been June/July to take advantage of Summer Vacation for kids, and for those traveling in general.

Fantastic opportunity missed but at least it isn't too far off nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd actually would love if the release was moved to the beginning of September, because gamescom is in the last week of August. Could've been a great opportunity for some last minute promotion for the game. Considering the only promo for the game they did here in Germany was on the Nintendo Switch preview events it would've been nice.

3 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

It's a shame it's THAT far off into the season.

The prime release time-frame would have been June/July to take advantage of Summer Vacation for kids, and for those traveling in general.

Fantastic opportunity missed but at least it isn't too far off nonetheless.

Definitely agree there. 

Im not a kid but I generally do have more free time in July than August (which is odd because I work similar hours both months) and would've loved to have had more time to enjoy this game before autumn begins and I have even less time. But hey, just glad it's coming soon 

Eh, while I'm sure they still will be thinking about the kids during their marketing sessions, Mania also has the distinction of possibly being more appealing to an older demographic too (fans of the originals). For those of you in my age bracket, summer vacation don't mean squat. The game is just as brought in august as in would have been in june or july.

Come to think of it, it will be interesting to see "where" they choose to advertise Mania come release time. I assume it will follow in Generations footsteps and aim for programming that caters to a wider range of viewership ages (stuff like the Simpsons or sporting events) rather than tipping its hand and going for kids or adults exclusively, like saturday morning cartoons (sans Sonic Boom of course) or those adult swim ads that have been running lately.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think this has been discussed a lot, do you think the image they showed at the march panel and the leaked stage image are the same zone?
Imho they are not, the march one has that gear that I don't think would fit with the cathedral design of the leaked one.
Also the march's stage seems a bit snowy to me while the cathedral doesn't seem to have that kind of aesthetic.

If this turns out to be true, then we already kind of know four of the new zones of the game (Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon, the gear stage and the cathedral).
This means we either know almost all the new stages, or there are a lot more stages than we thought.

What do you think?

31 minutes ago, Auroxen said:

I don't think this has been discussed a lot, do you think the image they showed at the march panel and the leaked stage image are the same zone?
Imho they are not, the march one has that gear that I don't think would fit with the cathedral design of the leaked one.
Also the march's stage seems a bit snowy to me while the cathedral doesn't seem to have that kind of aesthetic.

If this turns out to be true, then we already kind of know four of the new zones of the game (Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon, the gear stage and the cathedral).
This means we either know almost all the new stages, or there are a lot more stages than we thought.

What do you think?

I think it's from a new Sky Chase type of zone.