Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

6 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

BEAUTY_AND_GRACE.gif

I teared up a bit, I ain't gonna lie. 

Fockcoy.jpg

i am not a flaccid man

• Thumbs Up 7

Christ that animation is beautiful! It also looks like we're going to get a series of shorts too, given how most of the animation were rough sketches (up until it turned into color at the end) and it didn't have that Hard-Boiled Heavy scene we found a few weeks ago. I'm beyond excite. (Also, gotta love the bunny ears drawn before being replaced with the hedgehog ears. Callback to when Sonic was initially designed to be a rabbit.)

Stardust Speedway Past looks excellent too, and it seems the Flying Battery level looks like the Act 2 boss has been re-purposed into a crusher.

One last thing--interesting that the trailer ends specifically citing that "digital pre-order now available". Wonder if it means that a retail release may be in the works. If so, great. Game needs as much exposure as possible.

Now if you excuse me... *goes off to open Steam account*

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, OcelotBot said:

That was the past version of Stardust fucking Speedway. So Mania will have time travel in the Sonic CD stages? FUCKING AWESOME!

I don't think that confirms Time Travel.

I personally think that's a weird gimmick to have ONLY on a couple particular stages (as a whole game concept that's cool but for 1 or 2 stages only?) but who knows.

I won't get my hopes up, and assume that the whole level is just permanently in the past (i.e. in the story they time travel at the end of the previous zone and end up here).

• Thumbs Up 2

THAT TRAILER.

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT TRAILER.

I'm in tears.

EDIT: The trailers for Mania have been so on point, I can't even. I still have goosebumps watching the reveal trailer.

• Thumbs Up 6

I love everything about this game. That animation is sweet. The gameplay looks great. Truly feels like the next step after S3K, the elevator scene implying that too ? 

The only way the next classic Sonic game could be more exciting would be to only include new zones. And even then that's a minor nitpick.

Sega please take note. The market would happily eat this game up. Can't wait to play this. Truly looks magical. ?

• Thumbs Up 3

Best Sonic trailer ever, am I right?! :D

The love and passion for this game is something we haven't seen in such a long time! In fact, this might be the Sonic game with the most passion I've ever seen! 

Can August 15th hurry up and get here already?!

• Thumbs Up 3

I am so hyped for this even more now!

Literally have no words!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait wait wait...was that motherfuckin Tyson Hesse art? Are these cutscenes for the game?

Don't play with my heart now! 

Edit: OMG

Oh come on!

Preorder now and get 6 unique Sonic Mania Avatars and 3 Themes based on the upcoming game! Experience the ultimate celebration of past and future in Sonic Mania, an all-new 2D Sonic adventure running at a crisp 60FPS with stunning HD retro-style graphics. Multiple playable characters give you the ability to go explosively fast as Sonic, soar as Tails, or power through tough obstacles with Knuckles’ brute strength. You can re-live the Sonic of the past with an exciting new twist on classic zones while fighting against new bosses and Dr. Eggman’s evil robot army. Go head to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend.

That's the PSN description, collectors editions don't get those. 

3 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I love how there's no 4 in that scene.

The lack of CD button though ? 

I don't even care. This game is just beautiful in every sense of the word. It has been so long since I was this amazed by a Sonic trailer. And I truly believe that tris game will deliver.

I truly do. ❤️

• Thumbs Up 3

The trailer... My god

It's

BEAUTIFUL!

Lack of Stardust Speedway Present or Future concerns me tho...

Eh, who am I kidding, 3 months will be PAINFUL AS FUCK.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly feel like I'm back in my childhood and this is a continuation. I was 2 when S&K came out and obviously grew up with the games. 

There is clearly so much passion and love that's been put into this game..... this is what Sonic 4 should have been :)

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had a nickle for every time Aaron's claimed he'll look into something and then never told us the result.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Fockcoy.jpg

i am not a flaccid man

I don't know what I am... Something along the lines of this is close.

8CN29.gif

Sonic Mania is the equivalency of the biblical resurrection in my eyes.

Gooooooooood stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn that trailer sent my hype through the roof. My body is officially ready! I don't know about my wallet though....

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I love how there's no 4 in that scene.

Sonic 4 is a modern brand game, not a classic brand game. This is SEGA not wanting to cross the streams, so to speak. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I am not surprised that Tyson worked on that animation at all, it looked very much like his work from Sonic: Mega Drive. Never the less, OH MY YES YES YES!!!!! Let the countdown begin!!

Damn, I'm buzzing.

I need to somehow liquefy Mania's essence so I can inject it into my veins.

Also

fPGUrjc.png

Surprised they didn't make an easy "***& Knuckles" joke here.

• Thumbs Up 9

42 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

So this key art for Eggman was uploaded to the European press server. Not sure if it's new, looks pretty familiar.

Yo, the original Chaos Emerald design for the gray Emerald. Never thought I'd see that again.

Also never noticed it could have been the birds-eye view of the diamond cut emerald design this entire time.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Please SEGA, get these guys on board to work in a future Sonic OST. 

Thanks for this!