Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

6415 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Yup, twice even to my knowledge. Once in the early 90's to help promote Cherry Coke, they had special units they lugged around in trailers to advertise the games and sell product.

593b5a9a87551_images(3).thumb.jpg.3dfe93a91c18b4f79265221d22998a5f.jpg593b5aa34ba63_images(4).thumb.jpg.64e57fa8897ce03e3142a3589b205338.jpg

They also shared advertising space in the late 90's for Sonic Adventure advertising too, though I'm not sure if they had any special events etc to go along with it.

593b5a917dbd2_images(5).thumb.jpg.9e83ce6a8fa1af1c936c90fea3109add.jpg

Seeing Sonic on top of a building next to the Coca-Cola logo is the most surreal thing I've seen today

How did I not know about this

33 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Seeing Sonic on top of a building next to the Coca-Cola logo is the most surreal thing I've seen today

How did I not know about this

Could be wrong but I think that billboard was in Japan, for Sonic Adventure's launch.

Rummy, MainJP and Jango like this

What's a Pepsi Fire? *does a google search* Cinnamon flavoured Pepsi!? Bleurgh...

No contest that Sega made the better marketing deal here. A rancid version of Pepsi doesn't stand a chance against Classic Coke.

... then we will introduce Coka-Cola Classic and MAKE MILLIONS!! Bwa-ha-ha

slurm.jpg

Did Sega steal borrow Coke's production philosophy with Mania?

11 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Did Sega steal borrow Coke's production philosophy with Mania?

Nah, for that to be true Sega would need to starting making a further 50 or so different kinds of Sonic games:

coke_freestyle_menu_large-2.jpg

Sonic Freestyle - every Sonic fan gets their own distinct flavour of Sonic game. :P

15 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Nah, for that to be true Sega would need to starting making a further 50 or so different kinds of Sonic games:

They don't do that already?

:P

7 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

They don't do that already?

Well, I've yet to see a sequel to Sonic Labyrinth or Sonic Shuffle. So I'd say that Sega is pretty focused one the most popular styles.

Of course, just talking about it, now I really want to play a new version of Sonic Shuffle...

Sonicfan287, MainJP and lbyrd2 like this

Hey, you guys might like this from Tee Lopes:

Let me share a memory with you guys! This is my first 'Sonic The Hedgehog' remix, ever! the one that really started this journey towards Mania, although it never even made it to Youtube! It was made circa 2006, and at the time I was extremely proud of it!!! Have a listen! :D"

Also:

YuTwo and BlueBlur91 like this

It's not a totally clean rip, but you can hear the track slightly better. I really love this remix for Chemical Plant Act 2. It's the best one so far. Start of with some Wacky Workbench and end with Metallic Madness.

Jango, Alienrun and Joy like this

So, we haven't seen eggman/robotnik in Mania yet.  What if he isn't the primary antagonist.  We might only fight him at the very end, facing off with HBHs throughout...

Still hoping they release the PSN Themes/Avatars for those who preordered the collectors edition - it's really not fair that the only way to get them is by preordering from the PS Store, like jeez don't make me buy it twice.

Even if they'd just put them on the store themselves for individual purchase, it's unfair that they're stuck behind this paywall