Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

I JUST NEED TO LAY DOWN. These last two months were too much for me. First Crash, now Sonic. Next you're gonna tell me there's a New Spyro game.

CjyRZSaUkAk0T4a.jpg

Just now, Johnny Boy said:

Since older stages are being reimagined, I hope Ice Cap zone is one of them since Generations missed its opportunity.

I'm hoping to see Starlight Zone, Doomsday Zone, and Ice Cap

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Soniman said:

latest?cb=20110505030848

we're free everyone

we're finally free

This made me laugh really hard

• Thumbs Up 2

May I say that I think from a story perspective, it's cool that they're bringing back old stages and establishing a world and lore that connects games actually. And it's not like they're gonna be straight rips of the originals. Mario has done this for the longest time. 

• Thumbs Up 9

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Classic Amy could show up in the plot though.

I'm talking about her being playable, mate. But yeah, I could see her being in the game, in one way or another.

Also, holy shit, is anyone else's page lagging? 

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

And like I said, this isn't even Sonic Team's big new title. I'm certain they've got something else cooking.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. They're probably waiting for the right moment to show it at this event.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Classic Amy could show up in the plot though.

We need Classic Amy with her Advance moveset or I will riot.

Aside from that, this game looks awesome! I'm surprised they brought in Christian Whitehead for something new instead of just a rerelease, but I'm certainly not complaining. Can't wait to see more of the new and reimagined zones.

I still hope we're getting a 3D game reveal later tho'...

• Thumbs Up 7

My thoughts: the game looks wonderful! Look, I am not a classic fan. Far from it, I am a modern Sonic lover to the core. But I will give this game a chance because they put their heart and soul in it. Am i sad it's not a 3D adventure with no boost and long story? Yes, however classic games are what the fans have been wanting and what fans have been screwed over for years. Sonic 4 was not a classic adventure at all and finally they get what they want.

We modern fans have gotten what we wanted for years so it's time for the classic fans to enjoy Sonic again.

• Thumbs Up 6

This looks freaking sweet! I'll happily pay up if this game fully delivers the classic experience. Bring on 2017 baby I'm ready to play!

Where are all the springs and speed boosters tho?

0/10 Would not auto-play again.

• Thumbs Up 8

Speaking of which, my god, that title animation is just flawless, they're going all out for this game. If Sonic Team has something to show tonight as well, I'm gonna have a fucking heart attack.

OA4HT5M.gif

I've always wanted to know what might've happened if SEGA let Treasure (Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes) make a Sonic game.

Thanks to Taxman and Stealth, I am no longer wondering.

• Thumbs Up 9

Hey ok real quick I know we're all super stoked about the new LEGIT CLASSIC 2D SONIC GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA but let's not use this as a platform to bash Sonic 4, please?

nevermind i'm a hypocrite i can't stand sonic 4 now

• Thumbs Up 2

Well...it took a while but I'm actually excited about Sonic again. I still hope that there's a 3D game as well though.

Feels good to come back here after being gone for a year and discuss a Sonic game I'm excited for :)

Looks fantastic and will be technically tight as fuck. Whitehead knows what he'd doing. Fucking great.