Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

I really want to continue avoiding spoilers untill Mania's release, including the ones they'll give us during the upcoming pannel. But I know info on Project 2017 will also be given during the same pannel, WHICH I ALSO REALLY WANT to watch with you guys [emoji20]

The name of the game and a short CGi clip or two combined with like 5 seconds of game play isn't much of a spoiler. lol

(Just expecting this to be how it goes)

That's the problem, I actually want Project 17's spoilers, we don't even know the name of the game! I don't want Mania's spoilers :/

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

That's the problem, I actually want Project 17's spoilers, we don't even know the name of the game! I don't want Mania's spoilers :/

v7N5_f-maxage-0.gif

You want one thing spoiled but not the other? Shouldn't spoiler avoidance be all encompassing?

I think that Crash fever is getting to your head dude, you don't make sense. lol

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

You want one thing spoiled but not the other? Shouldn't spoiler avoidance be all encompassing?

No? It depends on how interested you are in a thing and what you expect to be spoiled. We know almost nothing about '17 so it makes sense to want to know more about it, while we know plenty about Mania so it makes sense to want to leave the rest a secret until we play it ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 9

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

No? It depends on how interested you are in a thing and what you expect to be spoiled. We know almost nothing about '17 so it makes sense to want to know more about it, while we know plenty about Mania so it makes sense to want to leave the rest a secret until we play it ourselves.

Actually when you think about it we don't know anything about either game. The only difference is a name, three stages, and playable characters. lol

We're as blind as a bat both ways in the grand scheme. What we've seen of Mania is equivalent to the Great Plateau, it's a speck.

(Well, if the game really IS going to be large and it's not a bluff)

I'd say a big game is as long as, if not longer than S3&K when combined.

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Actually when you think about it we don't know anything about either game. The only difference is a name, three stages, and playable characters. lol

We're as blind as a bat both ways in the grand scheme. What we've seen of Mania is equivalent to the Great Plateau, it's a speck.

Considering what we know of Mania at the moment, we can say for sure that it's going to be like the other Genesis games. It looks like a Classic Sonic game, it's gonna feel like a Classic Sonic game. We don't need to know more because we have no major questions outside of what other remastered levels are in it.

In 2017, we barely know anything. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW THE ACTUAL NAME!

• Thumbs Up 4

Which is more than enough info for me to be cool. Sonic Mania will be great, I don't need more stuff to convince me, in fact, I was sold the moment the trailer said: "in association with Christian Whitehead".

As for PJ17, we don't even know how it plays...

• Thumbs Up 4

33 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I really don't agree. We've seen enough gameplay trailers (and actual playable demos for some!) of Mania to have a good idea of its overall gameplay and even aesthetic style. Just because we haven't seen every level doesn't mean we don't have a pretty decent idea of how it plays and what we can expect from it. We've seen exactly zero gameplay trailers of Project 2017 and only have speculation as to its overall gameplay style or what to expect from it. It's a HUGE difference.

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Actually when you think about it we don't know anything about either game.

We have multiple gameplay videos of Mania. That's infinitely more than we know about '17.

• Thumbs Up 6

What I mean is, in terms of the content in the game, we've been kept at a bare minimum in both cases. Mania has just done a bit more here and there to keep thirsts quenched, but it's doubtable we've seen even a speck of what either game has to offer when you think of just how much there will be in the end to each.

Heck, we don't even know about the Special Stages yet really, so while Mania HAS given more to satisfy, it hasn't been that much still, at least, and especially when, you compare both games to how they USED to reveal stuff about new titles.

By now we'd know everything except maybe about one or two bosses or something. Compared to the past we're walking blind no matter how you look at it. Although that's a good thing to me. Especially after Generations marketing.

10 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

What I mean is, in terms of the content in the game, we've been kept at a bare minimum in both cases. Mania has just done a bit more here and there to keep thirsts quenched, but it's doubtable we've seen even a speck of what either game has to offer when you think of just how much there will be in the end to each.

Heck, we don't even know about the Special Stages yet really, so while Mania HAS given more to satisfy, it hasn't been that much still, at least, and especially when, you compare both games to how they USED to reveal stuff about new titles.

By now we'd know everything except maybe about one or two bosses or something. Compared to the past we're walking blind no matter how you look at it. Although that's a good thing to me. Especially after Generations marketing.

I think what everyone means is that, for Mania, we know the name, whos working on it, 3 levels, the characters, a boss, music tracks, how its going to play, ect.

For 2017, all we know is that it is made by Sonic Team, is in a ruined place, and has both sonics. We do not know the gameplay, name, or anything like that. I can see where your coming from though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see what's weird about wanting spoilers for one thing over another, even when they're two concurrent games in the same franchise. It simply boils down to caring more about one than the other. I don't really give a crap about 2017, I'm curious what it is, but I don't think I'll care if it's spoiled for me. Mania, on the other hand, I'd rather be more surprised by. I think, personally, it comes down to the fact that a 2D game is what I've wanted for a very long time, while the 3D games have done little to impress me for well over a decade. I just don't care about that Sonic. If it's fun, great, I'll get it, but I'm not going to fret about the experience being ruined.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anybody think we're finally getting that plot twist in Mania where Eggman turns out to be the hero all along?

You know I'm a little bit upset that The Collector sets are so much money I mean seriously I do hope the stand alone game is far less money $70 is an awful lot to ask for a classic style video game when you could buy a similar Classic Sonic game for less than $4

40 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

You know I'm a little bit upset that The Collector sets are so much money I mean seriously I do hope the stand alone game is far less money $70 is an awful lot to ask for a classic style video game when you could buy a similar Classic Sonic game for less than $4

Try seeing what scalpers are trying to sell it for on eBay at the moment.

Legit copies haven't even sold out yet I don't believe yet those greedy S-O-B's are already on the job trying to rip people off.

If you think $70 for all it comes with is bad, try, say, $300 or so on eBay.

If I had to guess a price, I'd say it'll probably be 15-20 bucks. I'm mostly basing this off the fact that similar games, like Freedom Planet, tend to launch around that much. Sonic 4 was also 10 a pop.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do genuinely predict the lack of talk regarding prior to next week's event will be to surprise fans with a release date far sooner than people had initially believed, kind of like with extreme praise of Zelda BotW's release date after the epic trailer to end Nintendo's Switch presentation back in January.

Hope I'm right, as the reactions on this forum would be priceless, given that we'll be learning more about Project '17 and fans may tear that apart like with the initial reveal xD

You know guys, how cool would it be if they remastered 3&K, and then re remastered sonic 1 and 2 with new stages! You might say it would ruin the feel with new stages, but how cool would it be for Sonic 1 to have full levels and remakes of Bridge, Jungle, and airbase zone as well as maybe Sonic 2 could have the removed zones? It could be called "Sonic - Ultimate Classic Collection" or something like that

I don't think it's necessary to add new stages to old remasters. We already have Mania for that. 

We only need S3K remastered :)

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Mark1 said:

I do genuinely predict the lack of talk regarding prior to next week's event will be to surprise fans with a release date far sooner than people had initially believed, kind of like with extreme praise of Zelda BotW's release date after the epic trailer to end Nintendo's Switch presentation back in January.

Hope I'm right, as the reactions on this forum would be priceless, given that we'll be learning more about Project '17 and fans may tear that apart like with the initial reveal xD

"Hey, guys, you can download Sonic Mania starting...right now."

I would then proceed to scramble in a panic to the nearest store to find a Nintendo Switch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Releasing it on the day of the panel would be a stupid move to be honest. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Releasing it on the day of the panel would be a stupid move to be honest. 

But it would be a perfect callback to the Sega Saturn.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

But it would be a perfect callback to the Sega Saturn.

Look how well that turned out for it

• Thumbs Up 4

It's done with digital titles relatively often nowadays. Today isn't comparable to 1995.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

It's done with digital titles relatively often nowadays. Today isn't comparable to 1995.

Exactly a good point.

Although it wouldn't have much of a time-window to pre-release advertise the product much, with digital downloads, you don't need people "pre-ordering" their copies, or for stores to be advertising the game, as there is no physical copy that people could get at store locations.

If it launches, the launch trailer will hit the internet, everyone will get super excited, and word will quickly spread.

If a date is announced, people who were only minorly interested won't get sucked into that WOW A NEW GAME factor because.. well the day is still a bit away. If everyone suddenly is talking about this product that suddenly released, then everyone wants to be aboard the hype train.

They did say the only other trailer for the game they will be releasing is the Launch Trailer. Wouldn't a gaming panel be the perfect place to show off a flashy new trailer for a game that either is "AVAILABLE NOW" or "LAUNCHES TOMORROW"?

Not going to get my hopes up, but that would be a VERY exciting thing to announce and people would talk about it everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 2