Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

I don't see what's weird about wanting spoilers for one thing over another, even when they're two concurrent games in the same franchise. It simply boils down to caring more about one than the other. I don't really give a crap about 2017, I'm curious what it is, but I don't think I'll care if it's spoiled for me. Mania, on the other hand, I'd rather be more surprised by. I think, personally, it comes down to the fact that a 2D game is what I've wanted for a very long time, while the 3D games have done little to impress me for well over a decade. I just don't care about that Sonic. If it's fun, great, I'll get it, but I'm not going to fret about the experience being ruined.

You know I'm a little bit upset that The Collector sets are so much money I mean seriously I do hope the stand alone game is far less money $70 is an awful lot to ask for a classic style video game when you could buy a similar Classic Sonic game for less than $4

40 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

You know I'm a little bit upset that The Collector sets are so much money I mean seriously I do hope the stand alone game is far less money $70 is an awful lot to ask for a classic style video game when you could buy a similar Classic Sonic game for less than $4

Try seeing what scalpers are trying to sell it for on eBay at the moment.

Legit copies haven't even sold out yet I don't believe yet those greedy S-O-B's are already on the job trying to rip people off.

If you think $70 for all it comes with is bad, try, say, $300 or so on eBay.

I do genuinely predict the lack of talk regarding prior to next week's event will be to surprise fans with a release date far sooner than people had initially believed, kind of like with extreme praise of Zelda BotW's release date after the epic trailer to end Nintendo's Switch presentation back in January.

Hope I'm right, as the reactions on this forum would be priceless, given that we'll be learning more about Project '17 and fans may tear that apart like with the initial reveal xD

You know guys, how cool would it be if they remastered 3&K, and then re remastered sonic 1 and 2 with new stages! You might say it would ruin the feel with new stages, but how cool would it be for Sonic 1 to have full levels and remakes of Bridge, Jungle, and airbase zone as well as maybe Sonic 2 could have the removed zones? It could be called "Sonic - Ultimate Classic Collection" or something like that

6 hours ago, Mark1 said:

I do genuinely predict the lack of talk regarding prior to next week's event will be to surprise fans with a release date far sooner than people had initially believed, kind of like with extreme praise of Zelda BotW's release date after the epic trailer to end Nintendo's Switch presentation back in January.

Hope I'm right, as the reactions on this forum would be priceless, given that we'll be learning more about Project '17 and fans may tear that apart like with the initial reveal xD

"Hey, guys, you can download Sonic Mania starting...right now."

I would then proceed to scramble in a panic to the nearest store to find a Nintendo Switch.

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

It's done with digital titles relatively often nowadays. Today isn't comparable to 1995.

Exactly a good point.

Although it wouldn't have much of a time-window to pre-release advertise the product much, with digital downloads, you don't need people "pre-ordering" their copies, or for stores to be advertising the game, as there is no physical copy that people could get at store locations.

If it launches, the launch trailer will hit the internet, everyone will get super excited, and word will quickly spread.

If a date is announced, people who were only minorly interested won't get sucked into that WOW A NEW GAME factor because.. well the day is still a bit away. If everyone suddenly is talking about this product that suddenly released, then everyone wants to be aboard the hype train.

They did say the only other trailer for the game they will be releasing is the Launch Trailer. Wouldn't a gaming panel be the perfect place to show off a flashy new trailer for a game that either is "AVAILABLE NOW" or "LAUNCHES TOMORROW"?

Not going to get my hopes up, but that would be a VERY exciting thing to announce and people would talk about it everywhere.

I don't see a problem with Sega saying "you can buy the game NOW" in the panel, honestly. It's a digital game. A sudden release could actually be a good "impact" marketing. Like when Radiohead released The king of limbs. 

5 minutes ago, molul said:

I don't see a problem with Sega saying "you can buy the game NOW" in the panel, honestly. It's a digital game. A sudden release could actually be a good "impact" marketing. Like when Radiohead released The king of limbs. 

Except for the fact a rather large number of us have 'physical' editions and the sudden 'your card has been charged' messages would not go down well one bit.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Except for the fact a rather large number of us have 'physical' editions and the sudden 'your card has been charged' messages would not go down well one bit.

Although you do have a fair point there, when you pre-order something of that much value, you should probably have $70 ready in your account for it to be processed the moment you hit "Pre-order". Just food for thought.. as the whole point of "pre-ordering" is that you literally are ordering something, thus, should get charged. Don't order something if you aren't expecting your wallet to thin a bit.

But yeah, a bit of a warning to pulling money out of the wallet is probably more than appreciated. Maybe they will do it like a 2-Week warning?

I've seen a few launches of being revealed just a few weeks prior to the launch date.

Those are wonderful :)

6 minutes ago, -Ace- said:

Metal coming to Mania :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

Inb4 Project Sonic 2017 

Reveal hidden contents

thought it tho

Reveal hidden contents

:ph34r:

Hmm, strange that it's a really... detailed crisp looking image.

Not pixelated like Sonic Mania at all. Either it's to be concept art, or really is something P17 related, as this art style doesn't fit mania at all.

Also, why are they announcing that something will be announced tomorrow when there's going to be big announcements just 6 days after this announcement?

omg announcements

5 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Although you do have a fair point there, when you pre-order something of that much value, you should probably have $70 ready in your account for it to be processed the moment you hit "Pre-order". Just food for thought.. as the whole point of "pre-ordering" is that you literally are ordering something, thus, should get charged. Don't order something if you aren't expecting your wallet to thin a bit.

... When something doesn't have a firm release date this is completely not an option.

Also the foot is something video related.

Also... is it definately Metal Sonic? 

I thought it was a foot at first but... his feet are red? 

Is it his upper thigh?

Oh God... there's so little info on the game we're now debating legs!

Replace Brians head with Aarons and the shoe with Metal Sonic's foot and you get an accurate representation of the Sonic fanbase when more people see that tweet.

gonna quickly pop outta the blue

eVz5Z3Q.png

nick works at polygon, so if he knows what it is but says something like this cryptically, then that would probs mean he's under NDA until tomorrow. that leaves it a bigger chance to be game related ahead of next week's event, maybe some form of a new game where that blue spheres thing is in, like a big collection thing like Sonic Gems Collection or something so that we get a trailer tomorrow and then more info next week

or i dunno, could be like metal sanic or something considering the memes :ph34r: