Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

I don't see a problem with Sega saying "you can buy the game NOW" in the panel, honestly. It's a digital game. A sudden release could actually be a good "impact" marketing. Like when Radiohead released The king of limbs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Metal coming to Mania :ph34r:

Spoiler

Inb4 Project Sonic 2017 

Spoiler

thought it tho

Spoiler

:ph34r:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, molul said:

I don't see a problem with Sega saying "you can buy the game NOW" in the panel, honestly. It's a digital game. A sudden release could actually be a good "impact" marketing. Like when Radiohead released The king of limbs. 

Except for the fact a rather large number of us have 'physical' editions and the sudden 'your card has been charged' messages would not go down well one bit.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Except for the fact a rather large number of us have 'physical' editions and the sudden 'your card has been charged' messages would not go down well one bit.

Although you do have a fair point there, when you pre-order something of that much value, you should probably have $70 ready in your account for it to be processed the moment you hit "Pre-order". Just food for thought.. as the whole point of "pre-ordering" is that you literally are ordering something, thus, should get charged. Don't order something if you aren't expecting your wallet to thin a bit.

But yeah, a bit of a warning to pulling money out of the wallet is probably more than appreciated. Maybe they will do it like a 2-Week warning?

I've seen a few launches of being revealed just a few weeks prior to the launch date.

Those are wonderful :)

6 minutes ago, -Ace- said:

Metal coming to Mania :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

Inb4 Project Sonic 2017 

Reveal hidden contents

thought it tho

Reveal hidden contents

:ph34r:

Hmm, strange that it's a really... detailed crisp looking image.

Not pixelated like Sonic Mania at all. Either it's to be concept art, or really is something P17 related, as this art style doesn't fit mania at all.

Also, why are they announcing that something will be announced tomorrow when there's going to be big announcements just 6 days after this announcement?

omg announcements

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Although you do have a fair point there, when you pre-order something of that much value, you should probably have $70 ready in your account for it to be processed the moment you hit "Pre-order". Just food for thought.. as the whole point of "pre-ordering" is that you literally are ordering something, thus, should get charged. Don't order something if you aren't expecting your wallet to thin a bit.

... When something doesn't have a firm release date this is completely not an option.

Also the foot is something video related.

• Thumbs Up 4

Would be weird if it was Mania or Project 2017 as we're getting info in a week. On the other hand, I can't think of anything else it could be.

Also... is it definately Metal Sonic? 

I thought it was a foot at first but... his feet are red? 

Is it his upper thigh?

Oh God... there's so little info on the game we're now debating legs!

Replace Brians head with Aarons and the shoe with Metal Sonic's foot and you get an accurate representation of the Sonic fanbase when more people see that tweet.

• Thumbs Up 7

gonna quickly pop outta the blue

eVz5Z3Q.png

nick works at polygon, so if he knows what it is but says something like this cryptically, then that would probs mean he's under NDA until tomorrow. that leaves it a bigger chance to be game related ahead of next week's event, maybe some form of a new game where that blue spheres thing is in, like a big collection thing like Sonic Gems Collection or something so that we get a trailer tomorrow and then more info next week

or i dunno, could be like metal sanic or something considering the memes :ph34r:

• Thumbs Up 3

Metal Sonic paints his feet blue in Mania? Yoho hoo! I have no clue. But it does seem like Metal Sonic's leg... Excited to find out what this means.

So they did just accidentally confirm that it is really a Leg of something.

Really can't think of what else other than metal sonic

temp.PNG

• Thumbs Up 3

It definitely resembles one of Metal Sonic's limbs, but it doesn't seem quite right.  Could all this redesign talk have been on the money?

It does seem a bit odd to be showing this off less than a week before a much bigger reveal event.  But maybe what they'll be revealing tomorrow is itself a kind of teaser for the reveals at SXSW.  So this would be a teaser for a teaser.

....Mecha Sonic's feet are blue with red tips.

Down for a redesign though. Maybe Metal Sonic plays a big role in 2017 as Eggman's enforcer in that doomed future.

While that definitely looks like Metal's leg to me, I'm puzzled be the fact that it doesn't seem to match his leg design as we've known it.

tumblr_mhiiy7aIcL1qjkwxto1_500.png

Notice that his lower leg is completely is fitted into that blue outer casing. The top half doesn't seem to be much of a better match either apart from sharing the silver colour. Then there's the whole thing about the seemingly blue foot to top it off.

If tomorrow's video is tied to this somehow, I'm honestly not sure what it's going to be. I can't see them using up any big reveals related to our two upcoming games  before next week's panel but the fact they're teasing and hyping something for tomorrow means it's got to have at least a little significance in some way.

Maybe they are introducing a new Metal sonic?

I mean, other than the first game, there was always a new Metal-Based sonic nemesis in each game (Silver Sonic (Sonic 2) Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) Mecha Sonic (Sonic 3)).

We don't really know much about the story/antagonist of Mania, maybe its a new enemy??

Additionally, did anyone realize that the design look somewhat like the "Egg-robo" (main enemy to Knuckles in the S3&K story, common enemy in Sky Sanctuary) has a similar leg design. The only difference is that its blue. Which would help make it feel unique to the other Egg-Robos which are easy one-hit kill enemies.

temp2.png

• Thumbs Up 5

While I could end up wrong, but I extremely doubt they'd redesign Metal Sonic himself... Outside of a temporary 1 game redesign anyways. Sonic Mania is trying to bring the series classic style back for everything, not redesign anybody that already has canon classic designs.

If that pic is indeed Metal... instead of a redesign it is possible the preview pic is done little wrong just to throw us off, because we'd know right of the bat who it was if they didn't. But another idea what it could be is just other new robots in Mania that have similar leg to Metal... Anybody remember that painting in that cowboy zone?

Untitled.thumb.png.eaa2e7fffe13d79cca7f9a6ec8b75612.png

Looks based after Eggrobo or the Eggman mecha from the Sonic OVA. Maybe Mania will make new bots based after ideas from random bots/mechs from old Sonic media.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wait, wait, wait. Maybe we're looking into this too deeply.

What if we're literally seeing the whole story right there? Sonic's taking on a new foe in the form of a rogue robotic leg named Tomorrow!

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

While I could end up wrong, but I extremely doubt they'd redesign Metal Sonic himself... Outside of a temporary 1 game redesign anyways. Sonic Mania is trying to bring the series classic style back for everything, not redesign anybody that already has canon classic designs.

If that pic is indeed Metal... instead of a redesign it is possible the preview pic is done little wrong just to throw us off, because we'd know right of the bat who it was if they didn't. But another idea what it could be is just other new robots in Mania that have similar leg to Metal... Anybody remember that painting in that cowboy zone?

Untitled.thumb.png.eaa2e7fffe13d79cca7f9a6ec8b75612.png

Looks based after Eggrobo or the Eggman mecha from the Sonic OVA. Maybe Mania will make new bots based after ideas from random bots/mechs from old Sonic media.

This lines up VERY well with the Egg-Robo design from S3&K.

I honestly think that the story of Sonic Mania will include whomever that is inside that "Strange starring picture" from Mirage Saloon, which looks like a "King Egg-Robo".

The "Leg" in todays post looks like an egg robo leg so...

What if tomorrow they reveal the main antagonist of Sonic Mania, a fancy king-like Egg Robo?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BlueParadox said:

Welp

it's PROBABLY Metal Sonic...

Problem is that the pieces don't line up.

In the HD image (sonic twitter), its a blue surface with a round piece, followed by more blue surface. Then, attached to the round silver metal part, is a THICK metal piece, followed by a THINNER metal piece, then a round joint section.

In the Metal Sonic image, its a blue surface with a FLAT silver piece, more blue surface. Then, its a THIN piece of metal followed by a THICK piece of metal followed by another THIN piece of metal followed by ANOTHER THICK piece of metal, then the rest is inside his body.

It's a different pattern of mechanical parts.

Either way, as the final post on page 152 of this forum, I showed how the Sonic Facebook page confirmed it is a Leg, not an arm.

Also the problem with that comparison is that pic uses Modern Metal Sonic as a comparison instead of Classic Metal Sonic which has a different more simple arm design.

Untitled.png.7058b34ad9877eb3de0ca74f9680e450.png

Furthermore lets not forget the hint the sonic twitter gave us about leg day.

1 hour ago, Gemster312 said:

So they did just accidentally confirm that it is really a Leg of something.

Really can't think of what else other than metal sonic

temp.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more than anything expecting it to be some kind of print or shirt of Metal Sonic with a stylized pallet (thus the blue feet), but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's game related. PLACE YOUR BETS!

I thought it might be a limb of that new Egg Robo/Metal hybrid from Mirage Saloon for a second, but it's probably just Metal Sonic related.