Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

My guess is that these guys teamed up and combined into one robot after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and that leg/arm is a combination of the two.

Mecha_Sonic_Sonic_and_Knuckles_Sprite_1_

28wUBCD.png

Untitled.png

Or instead of Mecha it's Metal Sonic. I just saw the picture above, looks like Metal Sonic's arm upside down for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

What if it's simply the demo being available? The leg is something for us to chew on until we get the full cluck with the final release date, to be announced at the show?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, cwmnopwr said:

What if it's simply the demo being available? The leg is something for us to chew on until we get the full cluck with the final release date, to be announced at the show?

Smart thinking! I hope we get a demo, badly.

• Thumbs Up 1

By looking at full Metal Sonic models, it's clear that is his thigh, with the round part at the top being the hip and the top of the blue leg pad visible at the bottom. The only "off" thing is that the pad maybe should be more pointy.

PLEASE this be a confirmation of Metal Sonic in BOTH Mania and 2017!!!!! :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, cwmnopwr said:

The thought of that happening made my heart skip a beat. I've had thoughts of Christian coming out and saying the game comes out the following week or a bit later, wouldn't that be something?

1 hour ago, Chameleon94 said:

The video got delayed to tomorrow, that HAS to be related, doesn't it?

What video? :0

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Cyrus said:

What video? :0

The Sonic YouTube channel usually uploads a video on Thursdays but Aaron tweeted out that this week's video is going to be delayed to tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 3

So it could either be another trailer or teaser or, most likely, a silly little video that will allow us to take a close gander at... an addition of vague details which all collectively make up a major truth...

16 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

a silly little video

Bingo! Yeah's it's gotta be. We're not getting any news on P17 & Mania until at least the 16th. Might be a behind-the-scenes video or something, but definitely no new game info.

Remember guys, Aaron lurks this forum (and very occasionally posts). He probably noticed the recent discussion about Metal & Mecha Sonic in this topic and decided to have a little fun, getting the fanbase into a frenzy over nothing.......again XD

Image result for bravo sir gif

I doubt Aaron is seeing this, he's probably still prepping up for the SXSW panel or just chilling at Texas or something idk

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Soni said:

I doubt Aaron is seeing this, he's probably still prepping up for the SXSW panel or just chilling at Texas or something idk

He probably read your post on his phone right now and chuckled like Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, TailsBot said:

Bingo! Yeah's it's gotta be. We're not getting any news on P17 & Mania until at least the 16th. Might be a behind-the-scenes video or something, but definitely no new game info.

Remember guys, Aaron lurks this forum (and very occasionally posts). He probably noticed the recent discussion about Metal & Mecha Sonic in this topic and decided to have a little fun, getting the fanbase into a frenzy over nothing.......again XD

See I'm not sure about that. The social media team seem to be pretty in touch about not screwing people around with potential reveals. There were multiple times, from memory, in 2016 where they said ahead of time not to expect news at various events, panels etc.

Here they're explicitly teasing for tomorrow and also happened to delay their new video until tomorrow as well. Could it be another joke? Possibly, but they've never teased one of their jokes like this before and I can't see them pulling a stunt like that now.

Any major information or outright new announcements are almost definitely getting kept for the panel at the earliest so tomorrow is probably not some joke, but probably not massive either. The full artwork will definitely get shown if nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, TailsBot said:

Absolutely 100% not the case.

• Thumbs Up 4

Metal Sonic redesign confirmed.

I can't find any existing art/sprites with that kind of foot/knee.

(If this turns out to be true... Can I rub it in faces...?)

2 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Metal Sonic redesign confirmed.

I can't find any existing art/sprites with that kind of foot/knee.

(If this turns out to be true... Can I rub it in faces...?)

It won't be rubbed in my face because I already called Metal/Mecha Sonic fusing with Egg Robo. However from this tweet, it looks like Metal Sonic's arm upside down:

3 hours ago, BlueParadox said:

Welp

it's PROBABLY Metal Sonic...

Aaron could have just said leg day and cropped the image/flipped it to make it look like a leg as a joke.

1 minute ago, SonicDude said:

It won't be rubbed in my face because I already called Metal/Mecha Sonic fusing with Egg Robo. However from this tweet, it looks like Metal Sonic's arm upside down:

Aaron could have just said leg day and cropped the image/flipped it to make it look like a leg as a joke.

We'll see soon enough. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

We'll see soon enough. lol

Lol. I wonder if it's also a reference to BLUE ARMS! GREEN EYES, BLUE ARMS, BLUE LEGS! BLUE SHOES!

Machspeedbg.png

For some reason I have a weird feeling we'll see Eggman mess with the weather again in this game, would be neat if this returned in a different Zone.

S3C0408_mhz_bosshit.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't want to sit here pouring over ~leg theory~ but it looks like Egg Robo's based on some pictures other people are posting, so I think I lean more towards a full reveal of whatever that robot in the Mirage Saloon pictures is.

• Thumbs Up 6

Actually...

I think it's the boss of Green Hill Zone Act 2...

It IS on feet... It walks...

...Yep.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Actually...

I think it's the boss of Green Hill Zone Act 2...

It IS on feet... It walks...

...Yep.

When Eggman adds legs to his mech but he aint got da speed

SEGACD--Sonic%20CD_Oct24%2018_39_31.png

I'd love to see Eggman use his Eggmobile from CD, and have that overall more menacing appearence. It was cool.

scd-tt-boss1img1.png

• Thumbs Up 2

There's a bit of print texture on this image and it's got airbrush shading like the classic games. Could it be cover art?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

There's a bit of print texture on this image and it's got airbrush shading like the classic games. Could it be cover art?

Maybe it will be something like this with Sonic fighting King Egg Robo Metal Sonic

sonic-cd.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Well now I'm thinking it could be western Classic Sonic styled cover art, or maybe another mock ad in the style of Sonic CD's TV spot!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm!!  Something is on its way; I suppose that if what they are revealing at the panel might not have as much time to explain or would benefit from a few days ahead knowing about one of the characters, that about a week prior would be a lovely time to present it! 

The concept of a combined Egg Robo/Sonic Mech does seem like it would have even made sense in 1995/1996, it is not too much of a stretch!  I'm not sure that is what this will be, but that did seem to be a highly programmed and active Egg Robo as Knuckles' adversary throughout his storyline.   And we wonder whether this would mean that this theoretical hybrid, Fang/Bark/Bean, and Eggman would be working together, or, would they be working independently to disrupt different islands? 

What is definitely unclear/also speculative is Metal Sonic, as the animations following its defeat cause it to appear relatively damaged; but also the race against Metal Sonic occurred in the Future.  Of course, all of the boss confrontations were in the Future, but I've never thought about what that actually would mean.  Metal Sonic appeared in the Present time Collision Chaos and unless I am forgetting, that is its only appearance in the Present. 

I think it is implied that a time warp occurs before each Act 3 without an explanation as to how or why, just simply always bringing Sonic to the Future time of each zone. 

So it could be that Metal Sonic still exists, fully functional, in the Present....!!  Basically, that Sonic CD concluded in a far distant future and a parallel universe, and the S3K timeline that would be continued with Mania is not that same parallel!

I have a question...

If they have Metal Sonic appearing with a new design in Mania and adding to the plot possibly...

Then does that mean Sonic 4 is being wiped out/retconned from the continuity?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I have a question...

If they have Metal Sonic appearing with a new design in Mania and adding to the plot possibly...

Then does that mean Sonic 4 is being wiped out/retconned from the continuity?

It seems like something they would want to do!! ^_^   It was more of a game that could have been called by a name like Sonic Special HD , but that would have made it seem inessential or tangential.  At the time, it was actually essential to their progress, and so it did actually serve as a Sonic 4-esque stepping stone!  

• Thumbs Up 2