Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Oh man an unlockable Amy would be so cool. And I mean the game seems to have a lot of content so why not? And she was in those MegaDrive comics, and has been featured in promo artwork recently. So I don't know, i'm getting the vibe she might be in the game in some way.

We've haven't even seen the full art yet. I'd wait to see the thing in full before dismissing it entirely.

Uhhh, I'm not dismissing it, I'm just saying it doesn't look exactly the same as the JP art contrary to what some were saying. I even said it looks good, so calm down.

39 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

Oh man an unlockable Amy would be so cool. And I mean the game seems to have a lot of content so why not? And she was in those MegaDrive comics, and has been featured in promo artwork recently. So I don't know, i'm getting the vibe she might be in the game in some way.

Advance 2 is proof enough that a fusion of Amy and Sonic's playstyles can absolutely work. I'm down for any new playable characters, just make the level design with their abilities in mind and we're gucci.

47 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

That's a really big stretch, it's completely serviceable. :y

So...

Talking about Tails mouth...

Mentions a big stretch and service...

...lol Pervert.

I dig the hammer tbh. But Metal Sonic could be an Alt-Skin for Sonic. Also, I never played Sonic 4 Metal episode. Did he play the same as Sonic or was there any difference?

Now only I noticed that Tails' eyes have a slight shade of deep brown instead of black, just like some of the classic art.

36 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

gm08BUQ.pngJCQx5oA.jpg

iKmcnEt.png5QXW3ur.png

Trying to pin down a consistent style for Classic Tails is a fool's errand. This new art looks fine as an amalgamation, I reckon. 

That's totally true honestly, I was thinking more about the style of the third one (the "famous"Sonic 2 art) in reference to the new art which is the most obvious in what it was trying to emulate. Obviously it can't be a perfect representation of every artists style from 1992-1999. That would be preposterous. 

Reminds me of the Tails from the first Archie Sonic Mega Drive cover. Comparison:

classictails.thumb.png.07d8a2df18f1d0de125d4eed7b2c8aa7.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Jango said:

I'll say this again: THIS GAME IS LEGIT. Needs a boxart like the ones from the 90's.

I think that sneak peek Aaron posted on twitter may be just that...

Looks like the stream may possibly end up canned in favor of a video with highlights and reveals etc released on YouTube and Twitch etc an hour or so after the live event. Gene has been posting on Twitter saying that the streaming equipment seems to be having issues and it might not go ahead as they don't want a sub-par experience for those watching from home.

Here's hoping they can get it worked out but it's not looking good.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Looks like the stream may possibly end up canned in favor of a video with highlights and reveals etc released on YouTube and Twitch etc an hour or so after the live event. Gene has been posting on Twitter saying that the streaming equipment seems to be having issues and it might not go ahead as they don't want a sub-par experience for those watching from home.

I was just about to post this.

Luckily they said everything (including TRAILERS ON YOUTUBE) will be posted in real-time. So keep refreshing that Sonic the Hedgehog youtube page for the latest goodies!

Also the TSSZ newsfeed is live there, and will be posting anything/everything that happens up. I am not certain whether on the twitter page, or on their actual website, but here are the links:

https://twitter.com/tssznews

http://www.tssznews.com/

Also https://twitter.com/SonicNewsNow keeps up to date with latest tweets. Not sure whether they are at SXSW but they might be able to post the latest news live at 3.

Good luck and I hope it's as exciting as the the sonic team is making it sound to be :)

EDIT: Aaron is attempting to set up a Periscope stream feed (my understanding is someone filming it from their phone or something like that so it's still technically real-time, but not high quality). Let's hope something works out :)

EDIT 2: https://www.twitch.tv/tssznews this seems to be where the Periscope stream will occur. Enjoy everyone! 1.5 hours remaining :)

9 minutes ago, Tenko said:

So... SEGA hasn't bothered updating their equipment and/or hiring more skilled people to handle this issue since the anniversary party?

Unless it's the event providing the equipment and staff, I just figure whoever comes has to provide their own stuff and workforce.

You've got to feel for Aaron and Gene, they were really excited for this and have been PR'ing up a storm and now this happens to them. It's got to be disappointing and a real kick in the guts.

Really odd that SXSW with its panels and what not doesn't have decent streaming equipment for them to use. Regardless, at least we can look forward to the trailers (if any) going up at the same time using other avenues, and panel highlights etc being put together and released a bit later on. No ones missing out in the end.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

So... SEGA hasn't bothered updating their equipment and/or hiring more skilled people to handle this issue since the anniversary party?

Oh for... can we make it a thing that you cannot comment on the skill of people unless you yourself have some understanding as to what happened or how the thing your complaining about works?

They had skilled people at the party. They were let down by venue staff who did not know what they were doing.

If they didn't have skilled people at the party there wouldnt have been a stream at all due to what damage was caused thanks to the venue staff.

• Thumbs Up 5