Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

For the same reason Sonic is dark blue in the art and light blue in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

For the same reason Sonic is dark blue in the art and light blue in the game.

Division struggles on what the cast should look like...

We ARE back in the 90's! This truly is the sequel as we imagined it!

I really love that image. It catches classic Sonic perfectly. I wish the game had the same colors.

A thought: what if the delay was due to the Nintendo Switch port?

7 minutes ago, molul said:

I really love that image. It catches classic Sonic perfectly. I wish the game had the same colors.

then I would hate nintendo even more than I do now. (yes, I really dont like them.)

8 minutes ago, molul said:

I doubt it. Tantalus is doing the work on the Switch version, so it shouldn't be getting in the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

you guys know what?

we could actually figure out the amount of original zones from the stream, since they have confirmed that the hard boiled heavies only appear in the original zones.

thing is, i dont know where the shady picture of them, that was shown in stream, is.

Coming from the TSSZ interview with Webber...

Physical Release isn't confirmed yet, though Aaron is vouching for it. Fingers crossed guys

• Thumbs Up 1

That poster art is awesome.

And am I the only who is very looking forward to seeing this game modded/hacked to Mobius and back? Because I can't wait to start watching skilled fans put in new characters & whatnot. ;^)

Well, they don't really need to hack this game in particular...but it is very likely that mechanics from this game will be placed in new rom hacks.

Like, the drop dash itself has already seen use in an existing, yet unfinished rom hack.

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Well, they don't really need to hack this game in particular...but it is very likely that mechanics from this game will be placed in new rom hacks.

Like, the drop dash itself has already seen use in an existing, yet unfinished rom hack.

Personally I think it's more worth it to mod the new game instead of trying to back port everything from the new game to the old ones. There's far more to Mania then some new moves for the characters.

Not a big fan of Flying Battery - still really hoping for Ice Cap and/or Lava Reef.

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

C7E9F2iXkAAqVkZ.jpg

I... might just need a moment.

Sonic Mania continues to be my favourite thing ever. I can survive the delay no worries, just make this thing perfect.

Sweet Jesus, that is gorgeous. I need it on my wall ASAP. Please add the poster into the Collectors Edition.

Also, apparently it's been delayed. Not that surprising considering the hints we've received recently. Fine by me.

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Personally I think it's more worth it to mod the new game instead of trying to back port everything from the new game to the old ones. There's far more to Mania then some new moves for the characters.

That's true an' all, but in terms of making a new hack out of it...Sonic Mania isn't gonna give hackers any more to work with than the Genesis games. They'll still be making new assets from scratch or palette swapping the level art. Using existing programming of level gimmicks for whatever else isn't gonna be too mind blowing.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

That's true an' all, but in terms of making a new hack out of it...Sonic Mania isn't gonna give hackers any more to work with than the Genesis games. They'll still be making new assets from scratch or palette swapping the level art. Using existing programming of level gimmicks for whatever else isn't gonna be too mind blowing.

Dude like I just want mods to play as other characters in Mania. I'm fine if everything else in the game is left alone.

Just now, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Dude like I just want mods to play as other characters in Mania. I'm fine if everything else in the game is left alone.

To be fair, you initially made it seem like ya wanted more...I understand now though.

2 hours ago, TailsBot said:

Sonic slowly fulls through more badnik scraps:

Y1yAR11.png

Looks pretty impressive!

What exactly is the yellow/gold and pink badnik??  I feel like I should remember it but I really don't!  Is it new?

There are otherwise many familiar designs in there.  It could be possible that  in the Mania plotline, a new Flying Battery was constructed to populate and maintence the occupied zones.  

DqgBG8Z.jpg

link to full size https://i.imgur.com/DqgBG8Z.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

wnyzlTL.png

I thought I'd grab a screenshot. Is there a better image of this anywhere yet? Looks fucking so good. It actually makes me want a box/case (which is unusual for me, as I don't ordinarily keep boxes).

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, FReaK said:

you guys know what?

we could actually figure out the amount of original zones from the stream, since they have confirmed that the hard boiled heavies only appear in the original zones.

thing is, i dont know where the shady picture of them, that was shown in stream, is.

Have they comfirmed that? Also, I think there is around 4 or 5, but they could also make multiple appearances?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, expansivelovestories said:

What exactly is the yellow/gold and pink badnik??  I feel like I should remember it but I really don't!  Is it new?

There are otherwise many familiar designs in there.  It could be possible that  in the Mania plotline, a new Flying Battery was constructed to populate and maintence the occupied zones.  

DqgBG8Z.jpg

link to full size https://i.imgur.com/DqgBG8Z.jpg

There was a scrapped bunny badnik, parts from it maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes; the nameable contents of this debris appear to include

Chopper/Batabata

Burrobot/Mogurin

Caterkiller/Naaru  (A green colored version; which could have a new mechanic?)

Motobug/Motora

Then, this unusual yellow and pink one in a few places! 

Certainly, not all of the Green Hill badniks are directly visible, as it would be too cluttered.  However it's possible that these are, in game, from zones that precede Flying Battery! 

While I'm dissappointed about the delay, I kind of expected it. The way they've been promoting the game (or not really mentioning it at all until this past month) didn't strike me as a game that was only a few weeks or a month away. Additionally, in the same interview where Aaron confirms Mania is coming to Switch at the same time as the other platforms, he mentions "we'll have more info in the coming MONTHS" and that was very recent, so again, they haven't been treating this like a game that is very close to release. 

I just wish SEGA had confirmed the game would be delayed before the panel. At least then it would've taken the possibility of a release date off the table for this panel. As it was, the release date was the #1 thing I was waiting for in this live stream. Even though seeing Flying Battery revealed was very awesome (my favorite level from S&K), the delay was kind of a punch in the gut, even if I kind of saw it coming. I was hoping when they kept mentioning the "surprises" in store, that one of them would be the game is near completion. But whatever. 

I was also kind of confused as to whether or not there will be a physical release. They revealed "box art" which makes me wonder it and I'm hearing it's a possibility, but we'll have to see. I already pre-ordered the collectors edition way back in September so I don't know what'll happen with that if they do confirm a physical release. I'd much rather get a disc of the game in the box than a digital download card. I'm sure they'll address that when/if that ends up happening. 

The fact that they mentioned "targeting a spring release" and then decided to delay it has me hopeful that at least it will release on the EARLY side of summer and not the August end. It's as if they were trying to have the game out by May but couldn't quite make it so hopefully it's only pushed until June. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The yellow thing is the Studiopolis version of Orbinaut.

Also yeah, someone got that Heavies silhouette.

Edit: Nevermind, found the part of the stream it's on. Looks to be about four. I sure hope that doesn't confirm the number of new stages.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

The yellow thing is the Studiopolis version of Orbinaut.

Also yeah, someone got that Heavies silhouette.

Edit: Nevermind, found the part of the stream it's on. Looks to be about four. I sure hope that doesn't confirm the number of new stages.

That seems accurate!!  I had been very confused by the pink object, they appeared to be connected.