Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I doubt one of them would have a butt that big, I think there's six.

I hope so, your probably right. The green one is probably Mirage Saloon Heavy, so it could be part of his cape?

I Believe we can also judge what the stages themes will be by what weapons the shadows are holding. Here is what I think.

Red = Ninja or Pirate, Maybe a Pirate Ship level (or a dojo?)

Blue = Top Hat, so maybe a magical house of some kind? This would make him a sort of jester. Circus level?

Green = I believe this is Mirage Saloon heavy, so Desert. My post above explains why I think this.

Heavy Gunner = Police man design, so makes sense he is in a Studio City

Yellow = Seems to have some sort of flail. Castle level? (This would be really cool)

Also, as Chris Knopps says, green hard boiled heavy probably doesn't have that much of a butt, so probably a 6th one. We don't see enough though to speculate anything if this is correct.

HardboiledHeaviesOutline.png

6 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

I hope so, your probably right. The green one is probably Mirage Saloon Heavy, so it could be part of his cape?

A design with a back/butt like that makes no sense so I probably am.

14 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

A design with a back/butt like that makes no sense so I probably am.

I definitely agree now, as Mirage Saloon Heavy doesn't really seem to have a cape, more of a vest of some sort.

What do you think this hardboiled heavy is designed after?

Wanted to give you guys an update btw. I am 99% Sure the middle one is Mirage Salloon Heavy. Did some editing, and although its awful, it pretty much comfirms my thoughts.

The image of the heavy in the portrait lines up Very closely with the shadow, at least the top of him. And if you look at the shadow of the arm, thats exactly where the arm would be, under the shoulder pad.

MiddleHeavyIsMirage.png

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

I definitely agree now, as Mirage Saloon Heavy doesn't really seem to have a cape, more of a vest of some sort.

What do you think this hardboiled heavy is designed after?

Wanted to give you guys an update btw. I am 99% Sure the middle one is Mirage Salloon Heavy. Did some editing, and although its awful, it pretty much comfirms my thoughts.

The image of the heavy in the portrait lines up Very closely with the shadow, at least the top of him. And if you look at the shadow of the arm, thats exactly where the arm would be, under the shoulder pad.

MiddleHeavyIsMirage.png

...He looks like he wants to kill his own companion now...

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

...He looks like he wants to kill his own companion now...

Ikr haha. He is staring down gunner 0_0

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

32686004733_f91bb3ba72_t.jpg

Still could be an Ice or Sky level...

I'm thinking either-

A: Ice Cap remake

B: Hydrocity zone remake (that came to my mind, did that zone have any gears?)

C: An entirely new Ice/ Water stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Iizuka mentioned that teaser image is a new stage and not a remixed classic stage.

• Thumbs Up 3

The supposed "sixth HBH" is just a cape one of them's wearing.  I'm confident we can settle on five of them for now - and yes, the central HBH is definitely the Mirage Saloon portrait one, though I maintain that it is probably not the one actually fought in that stage.  The crown-motif HBH is clearly the leader, judging not just from the crown but also from it having the most Eggman-like appearance, and Mirage Saloon doesn't look like the kind of stage where the final boss-of-bosses HBH would show up... not least as it'd be silly for his following-eyes portrait to show up after he'd already been smashed to pieces.  (HBHs are Act 1 minibosses, not Act 2 bosses.)

This should mean that we're looking at a minimum of five new zones, and therefore a minimum of six classic zones, for a minimum of eleven total.  I agree with the speculation that Sonic 1, at least, will get a second returning zone, because Green Hill was more or less mandatory and it seems unfair for other S1 zones not to get a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd prefer the devs didn't take S3&K as one game, as there are too many zones I'd like to see in Mania: hidrocity, ice cap, mushroom hill, flying battery,  lava reef, sky sanctuary, death egg...

2 hours ago, molul said:

I'd prefer the devs didn't take S3&K as one game, as there are too many zones I'd like to see in Mania: hidrocity, ice cap, mushroom hill, flying battery,  lava reef, sky sanctuary, death egg...

They aren't. They said before they are going to be putting in stages from both games.

3 hours ago, FFWF said:

The supposed "sixth HBH" is just a cape one of them's wearing.  I'm confident we can settle on five of them for now - and yes, the central HBH is definitely the Mirage Saloon portrait one, though I maintain that it is probably not the one actually fought in that stage.  The crown-motif HBH is clearly the leader, judging not just from the crown but also from it having the most Eggman-like appearance, and Mirage Saloon doesn't look like the kind of stage where the final boss-of-bosses HBH would show up... not least as it'd be silly for his following-eyes portrait to show up after he'd already been smashed to pieces.  (HBHs are Act 1 minibosses, not Act 2 bosses.)

This should mean that we're looking at a minimum of five new zones, and therefore a minimum of six classic zones, for a minimum of eleven total.  I agree with the speculation that Sonic 1, at least, will get a second returning zone, because Green Hill was more or less mandatory and it seems unfair for other S1 zones not to get a chance.

I believe, since green hill is already done, marble zone bats are in green hill and that the ufos are in Studiopolis posts, spring yard armadillo enemy guys are in mirage saloon, labrynth is not popular, but Hydrocity is, and the fact that scrapbrain is a final stage makes me believe that we will defintally be seeing a remake of Starlight zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Soni said:

Iizuka mentioned that teaser image is a new stage and not a remixed classic stage.

Then my guess will be a new ice stage, since we did see a Sprite of Sonic mimicking riding a snowboard?

1 minute ago, Fusion Force said:

Then my guess will be a new ice stage, since we did see a Sprite of Sonic mimicking riding a snowboard?

Could be his new Tornado riding sprite.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Also guys, I think I discovered the mirage saloon heavy. Check this out.

If you take a close look at the top of Mirage Saloon Heavy and the big guy in the middle, and look at what I outlined, they are incredibly similar. He even has the top fin, inward hooking cape and the outward shoulder pads. He also looks pretty bulky, like the shadow. What do you all think?

TopOfHeavyCowbot.png

HardBoiledCowboy.png

I'm guessing that the Mirage Saloon Zone Heavy is either a Heavy Sheriff or Deputy based on the location and following Heavy Gunner's theme of authority figures since it's a security guard/police officier in Studiopolis Zone.

...Or it could be some type of Heavy Wizard that will use clones or some type of visual deception during its fight based on the portraits seen throughout the level.

So, I created an updated version of the outlines. I beleive I know where the cape/unknown tail thing is supposed to go. I also have some names I would like to share! These are what I think they will be.

Red = I really have no idea. My only idea is Heavy Pirate = Ship Stage

Blue = A tophat sort of jester guy. Heavy Tricker = Jester Stage?

Green = Mirage Salloon heavy. Heavy Sherrif/Deputy (idea from Sonictrainer) = Desert Stage

Heavy Gunner = Its heavy gunner. Cop = City Stage

Yellow = I think the cape belongs to him. Based on the flail, Heavy Knight = Castle Stage?

What do you all think these shadows names are, and what stage they are in? Of course, there could be maybe a 6th hidden Heavy that they haven't shown. Heavy Commander for Eggman's new base, anyone?

HardoiledHeaviesOutlineV_2.png

I'm still remembering what Tee Lopes said about a song that he made that creeped him out, I wonder if the teased new zone is that one. I know, it's a stretch.

19 minutes ago, Mania Pipe said:

I'm still remembering what Tee Lopes said about a song that he made that creeped him out, I wonder if the teased new zone is that one. I know, it's a stretch.

Now that I think about it, if this is a water level, maybe a haunted pirate ship? That would be really cool! The Red Shadow Heavy with the gun arm would fit too.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Now that I think about it, if this is a water level, maybe a haunted pirate ship? That would be really cool!

Sounds similar to Sonic Rush Adventure's Pirates' Island. I would be down with doing that concept again, though. It was definitely a cool one.

• Thumbs Up 6

Also, is there anything else you guys would like to see spoiler before the release? I wouldn't mind seeing...

Flying Battery Act 1 Gameplay

Green Hill Act 2 Boss

and maybe a screenshot of the teased new zone. If there are only 5-6 new zones, I wouldn't want to see it, as we a

ready know 2/5-6 new zones.

On 1/12/2017 at 1:49 AM, TailsBot said:

A few interesting things to note from the article:

"the second boss (GH act2) a giant-walking contraption containing a better animated Eggman".

Perhaps inspired from Sonic CD's first Eggman boss in Palmtree Panic.

"remember the rotating spike logs-of-doom from Green hill? Walk on those with a fire-shield and see what happens..."

Sounds like element shields will have more of an effect on certain environments.

Quoting this again for people who may have forgotten. Eggman will be the boss for every second act in the game. The HBH will be the bosses for every first act of the new zones, while the act one bosses for the old zones look to be different entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

That doesn't say anything about the second acts of the new levels, and the portrait we've all seen in Mirage Saloon act 2 leads me to think that maybe Eggman's not showing up there :(

Spoiler

We all know the boss of Mirage Saloon is the Hooligans trio: Fang, Bean and Bark :) CW dropped a hint... It would be cool, wouldn't it?

37 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Quoting this again for people who may have forgotten. Eggman will be the boss for every second act in the game. The HBH will be the bosses for every first act of the new zones, while the act one bosses for the old zones look to be different entirely.

The mini-bosses for returning zones are based off the ones from 3&K, they are just machines Eggman built.

27 minutes ago, Ajavalo said:

That doesn't say anything about the second acts of the new levels, and the portrait we've all seen in Mirage Saloon act 2 leads me to think that maybe Eggman's not showing up there :(

Perhaps the Hardboiled Heavies AND Eggman would team up against you in act 2? It could be really cool!

17 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Iizuka responded to a fan question at SXSW in which he confirmed "forgotten" past characters, including Fang explicitly (the other example given by questioner was Mighty), would NOT be appearing in Mania, however if a "classic" line of games continues, they might show up again there.

Did Iizuka actually say something about a classic line of games? If so that's kind of telling, but I'm not holding my breath until we see how successful Mania is.

1 minute ago, Maxtiis said:

Did Iizuka actually say something about a classic line of games? If so that's kind of telling, but I'm not holding my breath until we see how successful Mania is.

I won't trust Iizuka's word as a whole truth. If I remember correctly Classic Sonic was said to appear in Generations and that would be it. now we have Classic Sonic in two more games.

1 minute ago, Tails spin said:

I won't trust Iizuka's word as a whole truth. If I remember correctly Classic Sonic was said to appear in Generations and that would be it. now we have Classic Sonic in two more games.

That's not quite what he said. Furthermore... it was 6 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1