Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

I'm going to guess 7 returning and 5 new, which is very close to 60/40. This might mean one level each from CD, 3 and S&K and two from 1 (since it uses Green Hill so far and we've all seen that a hundred times) and 2 (as you could argue that 3&K has two if you take the games as one whole). I'd rather an extra be taken from S3&K over 1 though.

3 minutes ago, Pawn said:

I'm going to guess 7 returning and 5 new, which is very close to 60/40. This might mean one level each from CD, 3 and S&K and two from 1 (since it uses Green Hill so far and we've all seen that a hundred times) and 2 (as you could argue that 3&K has two if you take the games as one whole). I'd rather an extra be taken from S3&K over 1 though.

I could easily see them taking one from CD and treating S3K as one 'game' with 2 levels taken.

I heard Iizuka mention that the Heavies will be the bosses for the new stages, according to Keys' translation in the panel. So considering that we're looking at 5 of these guys, chances are 5 new stages are in Mania.

9 hours ago, FReaK said:

on another topic, they have teased another new zone yesterday.

to me that brown thing in the front looks a little bit like an echidna statue, maybe some sort of new knux related level? the background looks like clouds, but could be icebergs either.

maniatease.png

...A Ice/Snow/Winter and Air/Sky/Wind fusion Level doesn't currently exist yet, huh?

If there are 5-6 heavies, this gives us 5-6 new stages + an eggman base and super sonic level. So a total of 7-8 new zones ( unless you don't get the super battle). So given the 40:60 ratio, If we just say 7, I'd say we are going to get around 9 reimagined classics, for a total of 16 zones. We know the game is longer than generations, but many are comparing the zones directly. You had to do 3 challenges, 1 rival battle and a separate boss to beat a set. Which means the total game time has more than just 2 acts. So for Mania to excede this length, with no challenges, rival battles, hub world or seperate levels for bosses, it would need to defintally have at least over 10 zones. Since this game is a successor to 3&K, I am defintally expecting 14 zones at the least.

So I think we are getting 5 heavies. Here is my take on the shadows.

HardboiledHeaviesOutline.png

Also guys, I think I discovered the mirage saloon heavy. Check this out.

If you take a close look at the top of Mirage Salloon Heavy and the big guy in the middle, and look at what I outlined, they are incredibly similar. He even has the top fin, inward hooking cape and the outward shoulder pads. He also looks pretty bulky, like the shadow. What do you all think?

TopOfHeavyCowbot.png

HardBoiledCowboy.png

2 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

32686004733_f91bb3ba72_t.jpg

Still could be an Ice or Sky level...

I'm not sure, the yellow kind of looks like a gear, with snow near it. The background looks like blue bricks to me.

13 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

If there are 5-6 heavies, this gives us 5-6 new stages + an eggman base and super sonic level. So a total of 7-8 new zones ( unless you don't get the super battle). So given the 40:60 ratio, If we just say 7, I'd say we are going to get around 9 reimagined classics, for a total of 16 zones. We know the game is longer than generations, but many are comparing the zones directly. You had to do 3 challenges, 1 rival battle and a separate boss to beat a set. Which means the total game time has more than just 2 acts. So for Mania to excede this length, with no challenges, rival battles, hub world or seperate levels for bosses, it would need to defintally have at least over 10 zones. Since this game is a successor to 3&K, I am defintally expecting 14 zones at the least.

So I think we are getting 5 heavies. Here is my take on the shadows.

I doubt one of them would have a butt that big, I think there's six.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

I doubt one of them would have a butt that big, I think there's six.

I hope so, your probably right. The green one is probably Mirage Saloon Heavy, so it could be part of his cape?

I Believe we can also judge what the stages themes will be by what weapons the shadows are holding. Here is what I think.

Red = Ninja or Pirate, Maybe a Pirate Ship level (or a dojo?)

Blue = Top Hat, so maybe a magical house of some kind? This would make him a sort of jester. Circus level?

Green = I believe this is Mirage Saloon heavy, so Desert. My post above explains why I think this.

Heavy Gunner = Police man design, so makes sense he is in a Studio City

Yellow = Seems to have some sort of flail. Castle level? (This would be really cool)

Also, as Chris Knopps says, green hard boiled heavy probably doesn't have that much of a butt, so probably a 6th one. We don't see enough though to speculate anything if this is correct.

6 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

I hope so, your probably right. The green one is probably Mirage Saloon Heavy, so it could be part of his cape?

A design with a back/butt like that makes no sense so I probably am.

14 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

A design with a back/butt like that makes no sense so I probably am.

I definitely agree now, as Mirage Saloon Heavy doesn't really seem to have a cape, more of a vest of some sort.

What do you think this hardboiled heavy is designed after?

Wanted to give you guys an update btw. I am 99% Sure the middle one is Mirage Salloon Heavy. Did some editing, and although its awful, it pretty much comfirms my thoughts.

The image of the heavy in the portrait lines up Very closely with the shadow, at least the top of him. And if you look at the shadow of the arm, thats exactly where the arm would be, under the shoulder pad.

MiddleHeavyIsMirage.png

2 hours ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

I definitely agree now, as Mirage Saloon Heavy doesn't really seem to have a cape, more of a vest of some sort.

What do you think this hardboiled heavy is designed after?

Wanted to give you guys an update btw. I am 99% Sure the middle one is Mirage Salloon Heavy. Did some editing, and although its awful, it pretty much comfirms my thoughts.

The image of the heavy in the portrait lines up Very closely with the shadow, at least the top of him. And if you look at the shadow of the arm, thats exactly where the arm would be, under the shoulder pad.

MiddleHeavyIsMirage.png

...He looks like he wants to kill his own companion now...

The supposed "sixth HBH" is just a cape one of them's wearing.  I'm confident we can settle on five of them for now - and yes, the central HBH is definitely the Mirage Saloon portrait one, though I maintain that it is probably not the one actually fought in that stage.  The crown-motif HBH is clearly the leader, judging not just from the crown but also from it having the most Eggman-like appearance, and Mirage Saloon doesn't look like the kind of stage where the final boss-of-bosses HBH would show up... not least as it'd be silly for his following-eyes portrait to show up after he'd already been smashed to pieces.  (HBHs are Act 1 minibosses, not Act 2 bosses.)

This should mean that we're looking at a minimum of five new zones, and therefore a minimum of six classic zones, for a minimum of eleven total.  I agree with the speculation that Sonic 1, at least, will get a second returning zone, because Green Hill was more or less mandatory and it seems unfair for other S1 zones not to get a chance.

I'd prefer the devs didn't take S3&K as one game, as there are too many zones I'd like to see in Mania: hidrocity, ice cap, mushroom hill, flying battery,  lava reef, sky sanctuary, death egg...

2 hours ago, molul said:

I'd prefer the devs didn't take S3&K as one game, as there are too many zones I'd like to see in Mania: hidrocity, ice cap, mushroom hill, flying battery,  lava reef, sky sanctuary, death egg...

They aren't. They said before they are going to be putting in stages from both games.

3 hours ago, FFWF said:

The supposed "sixth HBH" is just a cape one of them's wearing.  I'm confident we can settle on five of them for now - and yes, the central HBH is definitely the Mirage Saloon portrait one, though I maintain that it is probably not the one actually fought in that stage.  The crown-motif HBH is clearly the leader, judging not just from the crown but also from it having the most Eggman-like appearance, and Mirage Saloon doesn't look like the kind of stage where the final boss-of-bosses HBH would show up... not least as it'd be silly for his following-eyes portrait to show up after he'd already been smashed to pieces.  (HBHs are Act 1 minibosses, not Act 2 bosses.)

This should mean that we're looking at a minimum of five new zones, and therefore a minimum of six classic zones, for a minimum of eleven total.  I agree with the speculation that Sonic 1, at least, will get a second returning zone, because Green Hill was more or less mandatory and it seems unfair for other S1 zones not to get a chance.

I believe, since green hill is already done, marble zone bats are in green hill and that the ufos are in Studiopolis posts, spring yard armadillo enemy guys are in mirage saloon, labrynth is not popular, but Hydrocity is, and the fact that scrapbrain is a final stage makes me believe that we will defintally be seeing a remake of Starlight zone.