Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

16 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Having no interest in Boom and with Mania a good 8 months or so away, I kind of wish they had announced plans for a nice collection set for the 25th too, something they could have released a little sooner, put one of the excellent remastering/porting companies out there on it, or at least port Stealth/Tax's current remasters onto current home consoles.

I'm hoping when we get closer to release there's a nice 25th collectors set like with Generations too, likely with 2017 since Mania is likely going to be digital download only sadly. Skipping release on the enhanced "New" 3DS is a shame since we could have possibly gotten a physical release.

The more I think about it Mania would really suit being a digital hub of sorts for the remasters, probably a bit too ambitious when they are working so hard on a whole new game, the name Mania would suit a collection or Sonic HUB tho, kinda like the old Sonic Jam.

I have a strong feeling that Sonic Mania will come to NX. It just wasn't announced yet cuz Nintendo haven't released anything about when exactly its going to release. It has like a March release date or Spring. The only reason Project Sonic 2017 was announced for NX is cuz by then NX will be released.

and don't get me started on New 3DS. That is disappointing that with an updated spec it only has like one or two exclusive games to it.

41 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

I have a strong feeling that Sonic Mania will come to NX. It just wasn't announced yet cuz Nintendo haven't released anything about when exactly its going to release. It has like a March release date or Spring. The only reason Project Sonic 2017 was announced for NX is cuz by then NX will be released.

and don't get me started on New 3DS. That is disappointing that with an updated spec it only has like one or two exclusive games to it.

Your logic is flawed nintendo has stated they are planning for a march release of the nx. Its tying into the new zelda launch.

Just now, Meta77 said:

Your logic is flawed nintendo has stated they are planning for a march release of the nx. Its tying into the new zelda launch.

How is it flawed?

42 minutes ago, Tails spin said:

These two sentences were about the NX.

There's nothing flawed on what I said you just repeated what I was saying.

How is it flawed?

It's flawed because Project 2017 was announced the same day and it had the NX logo. Also, we're back in the 90's, Sonic in a Nintendo console?! No way!

Either way, it's coming to PC, everyone has a PC and Sonic Mania will not require a monster rig to play it.

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

It's flawed because Project 2017 was announced the same day and it had the NX logo. Also, we're back in the 90's, Sonic in a Nintendo console?! No way!

Either way, it's coming to PC, everyone has a PC and Sonic Mania will not require a monster rig to play it.

So lets announce a game for a console that doesn't have a proper release date for a game that doesn't have a set release date.

1 hour ago, Tails spin said:

How is it flawed?

1. Because again Nintendo is stating the console is set for March 2017. What does it matter if its the first of march or the 20th. Its march.

2. Saying it may come but just was not announced cause they are unsure when its coming out is just silly. This late in production cycle I assure you nintendo is not saying hmmm now it may not be out by spring but will be by winter so lets just put our logo on this one and not the other.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Also, we're back in the 90's, Sonic in a Nintendo console?! No way!

2017 is coming to NX so... 2090s?

I'm intrigued having seen this type of idea expressed: there is at least some impetus for this game to either be released with or eventually offer some zone editing and creating capacity; where that otherwise would, very eventually, be built independently by resourceful fans!! 

2d platforming level creators/editors do always have a learning curve and it takes time to put together even simple parts, but, people do adjust to it and learn them quite well, and amazing creations happen and continue to happen for years and years!   

Did anyone already mention that the Orbinauts' facial expressions change when Sonic destroys their projectiles in the Studiopolis Zone? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Does this mean Classic Sonic/Sonic Mania will become a sub-series from now on? If Sonic Boom: RoL can, why can't classic?

Think of it:

Sonic Mania (more simple and casual gameplay style)

Main Sonic (more speed-oriented, skilled, boost gameplay style)

Sonic Boom (cartoon tie-in

Alright, let's get the elephant in the room out of the way; how much do we care about a playable Amy?

It'd be a cool addition, but I doubt people will be flipping tables if she isn't in.

11 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Alright, let's get the elephant in the room out of the way; how much do we care about a playable Amy?

Whether Amy is in the game or not won't make or break the game for me. But, her being in the game would be pretty cool, imo.

I would like to see her in, but if she's not in the game, I will still be excited for Sonic Mania, and I'm still most likely going to enjoy it when it comes out.

Edited by D.H
Did not word my post well enough.

16 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

"You know what they say, the more, the merrier!"

In all honestly, I wouldn't mind playing as Amy, Metal Sonic, or any of the Chaotix.

I also wouldn't mind if Tails and Knuckles could go Super....but I'm not sure if they would allow that...

.......could they use Nack the Weasel as a boss in this game?

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm gonna go out on a whim and say Amy will be playable in Mania. Don't want dlc, she should be in the game upon release as an unlockable character or playable from the start. It seems like StealthTax have thought of everything (they know what we want) so it's a certainty they will have considered Amy.

I've played the Amy in Sonic 1 & 2 hacks (and Advance 1) which are good. I do have one complaint. She is pretty much hard mode because she can't spindash or jump into a ball. Yeah, she has her Piko Piko hammer, but it's so easy to fuck up-miss time attacks when trying to hit enemies. For this reason she's never been the most enjoyable playable character in 2d (or 3d for that matter). She would actually benefit from the insta-shield. At the very least she should be given a spindash and be able to curl into a ball when jumping. Tails & Knuckles can do this, so no reason why Amy shouldn't be able to as well.

I know some fans would like the Chaotix to be playable, but don't forget this is an official release and SEGA/Sonic Team wouldn't want there to be too many playable characters. The last time they did this - 10 years ago - it didn't go down too well :P. I think they would allow Sonic, Tails & Knuckles and maybe a fourth playable character, but no more than this.

So lets just say we got S, T & K in the mobile remasters, so a 4th playable character - i.e. Amy Rose - for Mania is a strong possibility. 

Spoiler

Even if she's not playable everyone knows there will be an 'Amy in Sonic Mania' hack soon enough :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, BenderMania said:

I've played the Amy in Sonic 1 & 2 hacks (and Advance 1) which are good. I do have one complaint. She is pretty much hard mode because she can't spindash or jump into a ball. Yeah, she has her Piko Piko hammer, but it's so easy to fuck up-miss time attacks when trying to hit enemies.

Isn't that suppose to be point? She's harder to use because she doesn't play conventionally Sonic-like. You ended up saying she'd benefit from the insta-shield, but that's pretty much exactly what her hammer-swing is except it last longer and has longer reach. A super peel out instead of a short hop would improve her though.

Sonic Advance 2 made Amy exactly like what you suggested, it pretty much took away what made her unique. Even worse since she was an unlockable.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't like Amy because of the jump. A good way to use her in the game is to make a bonus stage (not the special stage) with her. 

Um...that would be terrible. She would only be an optional character, she doesn't need to be forced to exclusivity.

• Thumbs Up 7

40 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Um...that would be terrible.

Do you mean using her just for one of the bonus stages (assuming there'll be more than 1 as in S3&K)? 

Just now, molul said:

Do you mean using her just for one of the bonus stages (assuming there'll be more than 1 as in S3&K)? 

Yes, that's what I mean. If she gets in the game...playable-y, she would be optional. So if ya don't like using her, just avoid her like the common cold. She doesn't need to be stuck to bonus stage exclusivity.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, of course. I meant that that approach would work for me, not that it's an universal fact :) Well, all my opinions in forums are expressed with that intention actually.

However, I must say that avoiding a whole playable character would be a problem for a completionist like me XD 

I ideally would want all characters to play like Sonic.

And it would be cool if there were unlockable characters, but im not sure if the devteam has time to make them.