Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

4 minutes ago, molul said:

For me, there's no point on setting the game to 4:3. 16:9 works much better for a fast, horizontal scrolling game.

Much as I agree, the option never hurt anyone. A lot of games these days will force letterboxing on games when run on a 4:3 screen, so it's at least a good thing for them. 

• Thumbs Up 9

I guess bosses will be like Sonic 2's bosses where the screen is locked but you can go a little to the left or right.  Kind of awkward for every boss in the game to be like that especially if there are any that stay in place on one side of the screen (and you're at a disadvantage if you can't see what animation they're doing to telegraph attacks etc), but, better the game is designed for widescreen with 4:3 as an option than otherwise I think.

S. M. could mean a lot of things, we can't just assume that it's gonna be about Sonic Mania.

For all we could know, it could be the long awaited Sanic Mana or the "thought-to-be-cancelled" Sonic Misadventures fan project.

Be on your guard.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Soni said:

S. M. could mean a lot of things, we can't just assume that it's gonna be about Sonic Mania.

For all we could know, it could be the long awaited Sanic Mana or the "thought-to-be-cancelled" Sonic Misadventures fan project.

Be on your guard.

There's been one (and only one) other post with #S.M.

Dunno why i never thought it could stand for Sonic Mania...

That's interesting. Aaron does keep bringing up that they are hiding clues in these posts.

temp3.PNG

Just now, FReaK said:

Please dont forget that it's April fools tomorrow. 

Ah crap you're totally right.

Nice catch

49 minutes ago, Soni said:

Be on your guard.

I think it was April Fool's last year when we got this little surprise...

Spoiler

Image result for big's big the cat fishing adventure 3

Considering the full game was delayed a few months, perhaps we'll get more news tomorrow.

More Mania news of course is also welcome.

• Thumbs Up 3

If they make an announcement trailer for a classic zone we really want (like Ice Cap or Hidrocity), with the saying: "available on.... Sonic 3!" at the end...

iwillfindyouaaronwebber.

20 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Much as I agree, the option never hurt anyone. A lot of games these days will force letterboxing on games when run on a 4:3 screen, so it's at least a good thing for them. 

Oh, of course :) Also, if the game comes to mobile, many tablets like the ipad or samsung galaxy tab are 4:3, so it totally makes sense.

Not really, is pretty typical pause screen of a Sonic the hedgehog fan game though...except this one isn't just a box.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, TailsBot said:

I think it was April Fool's last year when we got this little surprise...

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for big's big the cat fishing adventure 3

Considering the full game was delayed a few months, perhaps we'll get more news tomorrow.

More Mania news of course is also welcome.

it is about 12 PM at their offices!  if something will actually be posted today it would perhaps be within the next few hours! 

edit: fair enough!!  I think people were right to notice the tags/descriptions.  There should be a stream this Thursday!  ^_^^_^

While a new revealing is unlikely, there are some unique options from which to choose!  Or there may be a new interview this stream or next!

Disappointing that it's a barebones pause menu, stuff like the display-style should really be switchable in-game.  But could just be a demo thing.

8 hours ago, JezMM said:

Disappointing that it's a barebones pause menu, stuff like the display-style should really be switchable in-game.  But could just be a demo thing.

What do you mean? I think it's a good enough pause menu.

I don't mean to be rude, I just don't get what's wrong with it :)

oh yeah guys, during the April Fools stream, Aaron said that they are gonna play Mania next stream, so be on the lookout.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, molul said:

What do you mean? I think it's a good enough pause menu.

I don't mean to be rude, I just don't get what's wrong with it :)

I just mean I like when the Options Menu is accessible from in-game, like it was in Sonic CD on console/PC and the Sonic 1/2 mobile ports.  Seems odd they'd scale it back to the basics, but as said that might just be because it's a demo version.

You say "basics" but this is more than the classic games ever had...an exit menu without resetting, this game is deluxe.

6 hours ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

oh yeah guys, during the April Fools stream, Aaron said that they are gonna play Mania next stream, so be on the lookout.

Oh!  very good news!!  i should subscribe to one of the streaming channels, i have missed a few streams so far!  ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

studiopolis act 1 playthrough #427 hype

• Thumbs Up 2