Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

It definitely looks more like Green Hill Zone than Aquatic Ruin Zone. AR does look like / was kinda based on Green Hill Zone, so a certain amount of confusion makes sense.

4 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Aquatic Ruin doesn't really look similar to Green Hill at all...

Well, it's not THAT similar, but it's apparently enough of a resemblance for the zone to be originally named Neo Green Hill Zone (reference).

4 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

It definitely looks more like Green Hill Zone than Aquatic Ruin Zone. AR does look like / was kinda based on Green Hill Zone, so a certain amount of confusion makes sense.

That happens to be the case, sort of. Aquatic Ruin's beta name was Neo Green Hill Zone.

Edit Oh, didn't see above! Thought so!

6 hours ago, Pink Cat said:

Posted this in a status but suppose it won't hurt to post here for once(Please don't hurt me)

Our good boy Jeffy posted this on Twitter:

https://www.sonicstadium.org/41317-2/

'888, this is going to be great.

Kind of a double post coz this just came up in the Forces thread too but I'll repeat here as well I guess:

"Checkpoint" was the name of the song from the Sonic Mania reveal trailer, if that means anything to anyone with more energy for these things than me lol.

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

Kind of a double post coz this just came up in the Forces thread too but I'll repeat here as well I guess:

"Checkpoint" was the name of the song from the Sonic Mania reveal trailer, if that means anything to anyone with more energy for these things than me lol.

Perhaps the same guys who did the music for the announcement trailer will also provide the music for the launch trailer? Aaron did say a few months back they're only planning on doing one more trailer after the announcement one.

All eyes on E3!

I gotta say, Checkpoint is such a cool song that I relate so closely to Mania now.  I know when I've got my greasy mitts all over the Mania soundtrack - whether it gets an official release or not - I'll be adding Checkpoint to my playlist as an unofficial "bonus track".

If Hyper Potions did a remix of it for the 2nd and final trailer, that'd be rad as HELL.

• Thumbs Up 8

25 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I gotta say, Checkpoint is such a cool song that I relate so closely to Mania now.  I know when I've got my greasy mitts all over the Mania soundtrack - whether it gets an official release or not - I'll be adding Checkpoint to my playlist as an unofficial "bonus track".

If Hyper Potions did a remix of it for the 2nd and final trailer, that'd be rad as HELL.

Just about every Sonic game has gotten an official soundtrack release. Usually in the form of CD released exclusively in Japan. Which are quite obtainable through websites like CD Japan and Play Asia. It's simply a question of whether you’re willing to pay the exorbitant costs of importing a Japanese CD.

42 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Just about every Sonic game has gotten an official soundtrack release. Usually in the form of CD released exclusively in Japan. Which are quite obtainable through websites like CD Japan and Play Asia. It's simply a question of whether you’re willing to pay the exorbitant costs of importing a Japanese CD.

Of course, but despite people asking, Aaron Webber has yet to be able to confirm that one is coming for Mania despite the fact that traditionally, it's been a no-brainer situation.

To be fair, if Sonic 4 and Sonic Runners got an OST release, and given they've expressed interest in a vinyl edition, I think an OST release in some form is absolutely a given.

• Thumbs Up 3

For the record, yeah I'm also assuming there will be one, like there's little doubt in my mind.  Don't read too much into my either/or phrasing of that sentence, lol.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

The music is too good for them not to release it.

If they can release Sonic 4's soundtrack, surely they won't pass up this one. It'll end up on iTunes at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're certainly dragging their heels on it, to be honest. Like, if people want the OST, why would the first response be "Oh, we're looking into a vinyl release"? 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They're certainly dragging their heels on it, to be honest. Like, if people want the OST, why would the first response be "Oh, we're looking into a vinyl release"? 

That wasn't their first response. Aaron has constantly said "we're looking into it" right from Mania's announcement last year. The vinyl is just another potential thing. The game isn't out yet and they haven't even given us a release yet either. Like, give it a bit of time.

• Thumbs Up 6

7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

That wasn't their first response. Aaron has constantly said "we're looking into it" right from Mania's announcement last year. The vinyl is just another potential thing. The game isn't out yet and they haven't even given us a release yet either. Like, give it a bit of time.

I'm hoping to get news about it at E3 which is only just less than 3 weeks away, vinyl is like you said @Blue Blood we'll have to wait and see.

I'd happily pay for a Mania OST. Tee Lopes has delivered with How little has been shown thus far.

I have full faith in how the soundtrack will turn out. Swag would be daft to not put this up on Spotify or iTunes at least....

Need to stop discussing this game, it just fills me with excitement and anticipation for its release. ?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mark1 said:

I'd happily pay for a Mania OST. Tee Lopes has delivered with How little has been shown thus far.

I have full faith in how the soundtrack will turn out. Swag would be daft to not put this up on Spotify or iTunes at least....

Need to stop discussing this game, it just fills me with excitement and anticipation for its release. ?

Exactly but that's why I love discussing this game. 

Seeing as how very little and far apart concrete details from Sega have been, all we have is our discussion. If we find so much as a screenshot of a potential level from a Las Vegas event it's enough to prolong the discussion at least a little longer until the next tidbit drops or something is unearthed on the internet. Speaking of which, did anything become of that Las Vegas event? Any new info or a demo that featured more levels than just Green Hill or Studiopolis? I'm guessing not since any sign of something new would get several new posts on this forum. 

But yeah... until the game releases, this is all we got is discussions among fellow fans and may as well keep it going 

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn, you beat me Carbo lol

That's a further date than what I was expecting. Still, if it results in the game being as good as it can possibly be, so be it.

• Thumbs Up 1