Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

A bit farther than I'd like, but eh. I'm sure they have their reasons.

The Steam Page also confirms a head to head "Competition Mode", but only Local Play according to the little "supported features" list on the right.

Also of minor note, it only lists "partial controller support".  But that's likely just a case of "the PC version graphics settings are outside of the game in a launcher that can't be operated with a controller" though.

• Thumbs Up 8

So that's it?? We actually got the release date? I don't know why, that just feels unceremonious to me. I figured Aaron or someone from Sega would officially announce it or the Sonic twitter would cryptically hint it but damn, a giant billboard on Steam that announces it. Oh well

As for the actual date itself, it's a little further off than I thought it would be but it's not catastrophic and a slight improvement over the rumor that it was being released September 4th  

I'll hold off on further judgement until this is officially confirmed by Sega but I have no reason to believe this isn't it 

Something tells me the beans were spilled a little early - expect a small press release later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Barry the Nomad said:

Why is it not showing for me? Is the US store not leaking?

It was leaked through the Brazilian and German Steam sites. 

2 minutes ago, Sonicfan287 said:

So that's it?? We actually got the release date? I don't know why, that just feels unceremonious to me. I figured Aaron or someone from Sega would officially announce it or the Sonic twitter would cryptically hint it but damn, a giant billboard on Steam that announces it. Oh well

This was most certainly an accident.  At least it wasn't Sonic 4 Episode II levels of accident, for their sake lol.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

This was most certainly an accident.  At least it wasn't Sonic 4 Episode II levels of accident, for their sake lol.

Oh my god! That was the best accident!

How do you accidentally release a game to the public and have it in sale for hours?

• Thumbs Up 9

Is no one gonna talk about the achievments? That's pretty important for me at least.

3 minutes ago, SallesTH said:

Multiplayer, Cooperative... OH BOY!

cats.png

cats.png

Local co-op is Sonic and Tails mode. It's not anything more elaborate than Sonic 2. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a lot later than I'd like, but I'm really excited to at least have a specific date to look forward to.

• Thumbs Up 1

That release date is closer to the end of summer than I may had hoped for (count me among those who would had liked a June/July release). But I'll still take it over being left in the dark or seeing yet another delay. At least we can finally stop wondering when the game will release.

That said, absolutely pumped to hear there is a 2P competition mode, though.

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Oh my god! That was the best accident!

How do you accidentally release a game to the public and have it in sale for hours?

Don't forget the Sonic 4 Episode I 360 Partnernet leak too!

Sonic 4 as a whole literally got leaked twice! Now that was a real Sonic cycle!

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

Don't forget the Sonic 4 Episode I 360 Partnernet leak too!

Sonic 4 as a whole literally got leaked twice! Now that was a real Sonic cycle!

The PartnerNET leak wasn't so readily available though. The E2 leak is so notorious for the fact that it was 100% legitimate and available to everyone to with a Steam account. 

Anyway, August 15th. I wish it was sooner, but it's absolutely fine. Looking forward to it. 

• Thumbs Up 7

August 15th is later than I thought, but I wouldn't say it's unexpected tbh. And even then, it's not THAT long...

now where's dat green semi-shiny pre-order button.

Since August 15th is a Tuesday, and games in the UK/Europe usually come out Friday, it's safe to say that date would apply to at least the US as well since it seems to be a more global date, no early release for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Would've been cool though.

Anyway, trailer is gone. Didn't last too long, but I managed to download it and it's spreading through YT currently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I expected it to come out in August or September, so I'm not surprised. I just wish I could play it earlier than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

August/September is the time I expected to be honest. 

Would I have wanted to play this gem sooner? Of course, but I'm glad they delayed the game if they spotted some flaws to make it even more enjoyable for fans. 

Late June is officially the start of summer no? 

• Thumbs Up 1

^_^:)   @CleverSonicUsername  it happened!  we can head out to sea now, far away from spoilers, and know when to come back!  

I'm curious if E3 will include any true "spoilers" or just expanding upon earlier reveals??  I think i might personally not wish to miss seeing what it will be but at the same time it is exciting that it is an option to be in the dark before then and not even see perhaps the bosses or more of Flying Battery!

2'5 months... Well, at least we have a release date :)

It would be gorgeous if 8bitdo made Genesis bluetooth pads by that time. Crossing fingers!

• Thumbs Up 1