Ryannumber1gamer

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

I gotta say, Checkpoint is such a cool song that I relate so closely to Mania now.  I know when I've got my greasy mitts all over the Mania soundtrack - whether it gets an official release or not - I'll be adding Checkpoint to my playlist as an unofficial "bonus track".

If Hyper Potions did a remix of it for the 2nd and final trailer, that'd be rad as HELL.

25 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I gotta say, Checkpoint is such a cool song that I relate so closely to Mania now.  I know when I've got my greasy mitts all over the Mania soundtrack - whether it gets an official release or not - I'll be adding Checkpoint to my playlist as an unofficial "bonus track".

If Hyper Potions did a remix of it for the 2nd and final trailer, that'd be rad as HELL.

Just about every Sonic game has gotten an official soundtrack release. Usually in the form of CD released exclusively in Japan. Which are quite obtainable through websites like CD Japan and Play Asia. It's simply a question of whether you’re willing to pay the exorbitant costs of importing a Japanese CD.

42 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Just about every Sonic game has gotten an official soundtrack release. Usually in the form of CD released exclusively in Japan. Which are quite obtainable through websites like CD Japan and Play Asia. It's simply a question of whether you’re willing to pay the exorbitant costs of importing a Japanese CD.

Of course, but despite people asking, Aaron Webber has yet to be able to confirm that one is coming for Mania despite the fact that traditionally, it's been a no-brainer situation.

8 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They're certainly dragging their heels on it, to be honest. Like, if people want the OST, why would the first response be "Oh, we're looking into a vinyl release"? 

That wasn't their first response. Aaron has constantly said "we're looking into it" right from Mania's announcement last year. The vinyl is just another potential thing. The game isn't out yet and they haven't even given us a release yet either. Like, give it a bit of time.

7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

That wasn't their first response. Aaron has constantly said "we're looking into it" right from Mania's announcement last year. The vinyl is just another potential thing. The game isn't out yet and they haven't even given us a release yet either. Like, give it a bit of time.

I'm hoping to get news about it at E3 which is only just less than 3 weeks away, vinyl is like you said @Blue Blood we'll have to wait and see.

I'd happily pay for a Mania OST. Tee Lopes has delivered with How little has been shown thus far.

I have full faith in how the soundtrack will turn out. Swag would be daft to not put this up on Spotify or iTunes at least....

Need to stop discussing this game, it just fills me with excitement and anticipation for its release. ?

5 hours ago, Mark1 said:

I'd happily pay for a Mania OST. Tee Lopes has delivered with How little has been shown thus far.

I have full faith in how the soundtrack will turn out. Swag would be daft to not put this up on Spotify or iTunes at least....

Need to stop discussing this game, it just fills me with excitement and anticipation for its release. ?

Exactly but that's why I love discussing this game. 

Seeing as how very little and far apart concrete details from Sega have been, all we have is our discussion. If we find so much as a screenshot of a potential level from a Las Vegas event it's enough to prolong the discussion at least a little longer until the next tidbit drops or something is unearthed on the internet. Speaking of which, did anything become of that Las Vegas event? Any new info or a demo that featured more levels than just Green Hill or Studiopolis? I'm guessing not since any sign of something new would get several new posts on this forum. 

But yeah... until the game releases, this is all we got is discussions among fellow fans and may as well keep it going 

Damn, you beat me Carbo lol

That's a further date than what I was expecting. Still, if it results in the game being as good as it can possibly be, so be it.

The Steam Page also confirms a head to head "Competition Mode", but only Local Play according to the little "supported features" list on the right.

Also of minor note, it only lists "partial controller support".  But that's likely just a case of "the PC version graphics settings are outside of the game in a launcher that can't be operated with a controller" though.

So that's it?? We actually got the release date? I don't know why, that just feels unceremonious to me. I figured Aaron or someone from Sega would officially announce it or the Sonic twitter would cryptically hint it but damn, a giant billboard on Steam that announces it. Oh well

As for the actual date itself, it's a little further off than I thought it would be but it's not catastrophic and a slight improvement over the rumor that it was being released September 4th  

I'll hold off on further judgement until this is officially confirmed by Sega but I have no reason to believe this isn't it 

Just now, Barry the Nomad said:

Why is it not showing for me? Is the US store not leaking?

It was leaked through the Brazilian and German Steam sites. 

2 minutes ago, Sonicfan287 said:

So that's it?? We actually got the release date? I don't know why, that just feels unceremonious to me. I figured Aaron or someone from Sega would officially announce it or the Sonic twitter would cryptically hint it but damn, a giant billboard on Steam that announces it. Oh well

This was most certainly an accident.  At least it wasn't Sonic 4 Episode II levels of accident, for their sake lol.

1 minute ago, JezMM said:

This was most certainly an accident.  At least it wasn't Sonic 4 Episode II levels of accident, for their sake lol.

Oh my god! That was the best accident!

How do you accidentally release a game to the public and have it in sale for hours?