Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

3 minutes ago, Clewis said:

fPGUrjc.png

Spin! Dash! Fly! Climb! And Punch a Nazi Robot in the face!

Man, that trailer was beautiful.

From the animation, to music - and fucking Stardust Speedway? Where'd that come from? I love this trailer more than the initial announcement of Mania just because of that animation and how it oozed with charm.

Really looking forward to the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Alex2Beta said:

Man, that trailer was beautiful.

From the animation, to music - and fucking Stardust Speedway? Where'd that come from? I love this trailer more than the initial announcement of Mania just because of that animation and how it oozed with charm.

Really looking forward to the game.

Same here.

Really liking what they've done to Stardust Speedway, reminds me of Vectorman.

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

So this key art for Eggman was uploaded to the European press server. Not sure if it's new, looks pretty familiar.

Chaos Emeralds and Super Sonic confirmed for Mania! Wonder what ol' Buttnik is planning this time?

And since Tyson Hesse is animating for Sonic now, can we have Archie's Mega Drive turned into an OVA next? (Including Overdrive)

• Thumbs Up 2

• The topic was locked

We'll be temporarily locking this thread to do some cleaning up and performing disciplinary actions to members that have earned it.  Discussion in this thread has not been to our liking.  Please take a moment to cool down.  If someone is posting something you don't like, please report it.  Otherwise do not engage.  This goes for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 7

• The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

The Flying Battery Mini-boss is a reimagining of the original boss from Sonic 3K. This means that the theory about the new zone mini-bosses being reimagined old bosses is correct!

Also, the Heavy Gunner fight looks super cool! I love the animation!

FlyingBatteryMiniboss.PNG

• Thumbs Up 9

When i read that mania was going to release just on August 15th, this was my reaction:

Alex_aaron_WHY.thumb.png.7edf4ca80c4e157eca87766d217f2561.png

But now this trailer came out, and everything is alright, simply beautiful. I'll watch it everyday until august 15th

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what happened to get the topic locked, nor do I care to be honest.

The trailer... holy smokes, THAT WAS INCREDIBLE.

THE ANIMATIONS ARE REAL!
And they look more beautiful then ever, in particular the ending part where it is coloured... oh god.
I really really really would like an entire cartoon based on this style of animation, that would be outstanding to say the least.

STARDUST SPEEDWAY!!
It wasn't the zone from CD that I was hoping for, but it's still really cool.
I wanted to see Quartz Quadrant, it's ost for me represents Sonic as a whole and it looks incredible imho, but Stardust Speedway is the most recognizable zone from CD and I was really angry at the time of Sonic Generations when I discovered it was only represented in the boss fight, so yeah I'd say it definitely deserves to be in Mania.
It appears to be a strange mix of past and present, I have a theory that the first act of the zone will feature this past version and the second act the present or one of the two futures, no time travel gimmick involved if not visually in the level transition.

Mini boss fight are indeed reworked bosses in the returning stage which is fine by me, I wonder what they'll do in Stardust Speedway considering the original boss was the Metal Sonic race.

Hyper Potion's music is like god tier, I really want them to be more involved with Sonic.

This... I can't believe it.
Sonic Mania is always managing to outdo itself, it becomes more and more amazing, I am at a loss of speech before the amazingness that is this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, here's a few screencaps of the Heavy Gunner fight for you guys to look at or use! (I have to upload them in seperate posts)

HeavyGunnerFight1.PNG

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

The Flying Battery Mini-boss is a reimagining of the original boss from Sonic 3K. This means that the theory about the new zone mini-bosses being reimagined old bosses is correct!

FlyingBatteryMiniboss.PNG

It's a re-imaging of the first act2 boss of FB in S&K which was of course originally from Wing Fortress in Sonic 2.

Image result for sonic & knuckles flying battery zone boss

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really glad they're not re-using the original Act 1 boss. You know, the capsule boss that you had to get it to hit itself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, I liked Flying Battery's mini-boss more than the boss. Thinking about it, they're kind of the same general idea (waiting for the boss to attack itself), but at least the fake capsule fight feels more...active? Like, you not only have to avoid it's attacks but position yourself so that it attacks itself. Whereas with the lasers you kinda just avoid 'em and wait and that's it.

This at least looks more interesting (like, literally, it's visually more interesting), and it's not as if I hate the original really, so I can't complain, but yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow 

I turn my back on this game for one second and all this news comes out! The release date is no surprise since it already leaked (makes me wish they had released this trailer before the leak so it would've been more fresh) but that trailer was astounding and I'm  even more surprised they revealed Stardust Speedway and a clip of what appears to be a mini boss for Flying Battery. 

I think the other surprise is that the game is 19.99 which is definitely even cheaper than I thought it would be. 

Also, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet but I checked my amazon preorder of the collectors edition and the price is down to 59.49 apparently 

• Thumbs Up 1

scd-ss-appearanceimg3.pngscd-ss-appearanceimg4.png

Here's Stardust Speedway Zone Past in Sonic CD

tumblr_oqs93qNPKo1rebo7qo1_1280.pngtumblr_oqs93qNPKo1rebo7qo5_1280.png

Here's Stardust Speedway Zone Past in Sonic Mania

I'm guessing instead of planting a Badnik Machine, Eggman decided to invest in some parasitic plants. I know people don't want anything to do with Sonic 4, but something tells me we may get a unique spin on the Egg Serpentleaf Boss for this zone.

However, does this mean that we will only be visiting the past?

Our Remixed Revisits now look like this

• Green Hill Zone - Sonic 1
  • ? - Sonic 2
  • Stardust Speedway Zone (Past)- Sonic CD
  • ? - Sonic 3
  • Flying Battery Zone - Sonic & Knuckles

Seeing as Stardust Speedway Zone Past is revealed I don't think Spring Yard Zone, Star Light Zone, Aquatic Ruins Zone, Hydro City Zone, and Marble Garden Zone are going to make it in. How's everyone's wishlists now?

tumblr_oqs70ju2DV1uwb389o1_540.png

Also, have fun with this.

• Thumbs Up 9

42 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I'm really glad they're not re-using the original Act 1 boss. You know, the capsule boss that you had to get it to hit itself. 

Do you think it's possible that mini-bosses from S3K will be normal enemies now? 

I know it's been said before but hot damn that animation is great. I would totally watch a Sonic cartoon if it was in Tyson's style. I'm really glad that Mania is shaping up to be a great game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as Stardust Speedway goes, I can't help but think that if they were only going to use one time period from a CD level, then they would just stick to the Present version.  The Present Zones were basically just regular Sonic zones, so they could easily stand on their own, whereas the Past and Future Zones don't work as well without other time periods to compare and contrast with.

The fact that they showed Stardust Speedway Past specifically makes me think that there will be some kind of time travel aspect to the level, though I kind of doubt that they would want to do the full blown Sonic CD time travel gimmick for just one or two levels.

Maybe...Stardust Speedway could be a three Act Zone?  First two Acts are the Past and Present (in either order), and Act 3 is either the Good or Bad Future depending on whether you did certain things in the first two Acts?

here's what you get for pre-ordering the game on the PS store:

Digital Pre-order Details:
Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out: TAILS JUMPING AVATAR TAILS FALLING AVATAR SONIC JUMPING AVATAR SONIC POINTING AVATAR KNUCKLES AVATAR DR. EGGMAN AVATAR SONIC MANIA HEROES THEME SONIC MANIA ROLLING LANDSCAPES THEME SONIC MANIA VILLAINS THEME Preorder now and get 6 unique Sonic Mania Avatars and 3 Themes based on the upcoming game! 

there's also a $20 price tag in the US.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think we will be getting 2 stages from each game. 1 Per game = 5, and at least 5 heavies which means 5/5. However, it is 40/60, so there needs to be more old than new.

• Thumbs Up 2